2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Billy Rogers has ended up at, you guessed it, Parra.

Excellent signing for them and a great spot for Billy. Hope he does well.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Editings been done on the NYC profiles so as we can at least see whos staying from last year.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Michael :P wrote:Tentative NYC Squad so far.

Forwards
John Leiataua*
Ken Bromwich
Slade Griffen
Tohu Harris
Damian Sironen*
Jorden Maclean
Jarome Wilson
Robert Macleod*
Jordan White*

Dummy-halves
Matt Smith
Lucas Grech

Halves
Matt Mcgahan*
Ben Hampton

Outside Backs
Kirisome Avuaa
Eddie Faamusili
Mahe Fonua
Brayden Wiliame
Ryan Pooley*
Young Tonumaipea
Josh Jerome
Robbie Kurth

Looking at that I would think we need 4 more forwards, a quality 9, 1 or 2 back-ups for the halves and at least 4 more backs.
Updated to add Robbie Kurth, Josh Jerome and delete Brett Jarrett
TheParraPowerof1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Billy Rogers has signed with Parra.
I heard he has heaps of potental and is in the Dallas Johnson mould.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Fizer wrote:I know we offered contracts to the 3 St Peters players mention but have know Idea if they accepted, Moimoi a no8 in rugby and Solomona a Centre/wing with blinding pace are moving to Aus but don't know where.
Any word on these 3 yet ?

A friend told me Moimoi was the most likely, hopefully this helps us get Solomona as well. Can never have enough speed.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Michael :P wrote: Any word on these 3 yet ?

A friend told me Moimoi was the most likely, hopefully this helps us get Solomona as well. Can never have enough speed.
Still no word but like you have been told those two are likely.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

U/20 signing - Matt Garness a second rower
After playing a season of league in Sydney, which included a stint with Penrith’s Toyota Cup team, Garness was offered a scholarship with the Storm and the 19-year-old rising star was only too happy to accept.
link to article
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Several players with links to us made the NZRL National comp select teams. That being PPR, Jesse Parete, Isaac Robinson and Jeremy Hawkins.

Good to see Jesse name on there who I believe has a contract. Hadnt heard much about his development lately but obviously going strong, Jeremy Hawkins in the same boat but not sure of his status.

Can read it here

http://www.nzrl.co.nz/media/26600/natio ... 20wrap.pdf
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

[quote="Fizer"]U/20 signing - Matt Garness a second rower quote]

“I’d definitely like to pick Craig Bellamy’s brain and chat to him about football and there are still some pretty good players to learn from … Jeff Lima is one of the best second rowers,” he said.

Hopefully he meant Adam Blair or he is going to be mightly disappointed when he starts training :)
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Michael :P wrote:Several players with links to us made the NZRL National comp select teams. That being PPR, Jesse Parete, Isaac Robinson and Jeremy Hawkins.

Good to see Jesse name on there who I believe has a contract. Hadnt heard much about his development lately but obviously going strong, Jeremy Hawkins in the same boat but not sure of his status.

Can read it here

http://www.nzrl.co.nz/media/26600/natio ... 20wrap.pdf
Have heard a rumour that Jesse may have signed with souths.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'll take that as gospel then Fizer.
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

TheParraPowerof1 wrote:Billy Rogers has signed with Parra.
I heard he has heaps of potental and is in the Dallas Johnson mould.
Treat him bloody well or I might need to take a trip north to give a few clips around the ears :lol:
bootsie16
Squall
Squall

[/quote]
Have heard a rumour that Jesse may have signed with souths.[/quote]

Not sure how he could do that. Signed a 4 year contract with the Storm at the end of 2009 and I doubt they would have released him from it. Guess all contracts can be broken these days.

Teen rugby league player Jesse Parete had four Australian clubs chasing him last week.

In the end, the 16-year-old New Plymouth Boys' High School boarder put his signature on a four-year deal with champion National Rugby League club the Melbourne Storm.

He will travel to Melbourne for four days in February for a variety of medical and physical tests, and he will receive a training programme for the next 12 months.

After that, he will return to Australia's second-largest city in 2011 to live for a year with a Melbourne Storm "family" who will foster him while he plays for the club's colts side.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bootsie16 wrote:
Have heard a rumour that Jesse may have signed with souths.
Not sure how he could do that. Signed a 4 year contract with the Storm at the end of 2009 and I doubt they would have released him from it. Guess all contracts can be broken these days.

Teen rugby league player Jesse Parete had four Australian clubs chasing him last week.

In the end, the 16-year-old New Plymouth Boys' High School boarder put his signature on a four-year deal with champion National Rugby League club the Melbourne Storm.

He will travel to Melbourne for four days in February for a variety of medical and physical tests, and he will receive a training programme for the next 12 months.

After that, he will return to Australia's second-largest city in 2011 to live for a year with a Melbourne Storm "family" who will foster him while he plays for the club's colts side.

My theory is Bootsie, if true, that we may have given him permission to look around with the emergence of Tohu. Not to mention the having the likes of Sika (still only 24), K-Bro, Mahe Fonua, Slade Griffen, Robbie Rochow here for the next 6- 7 years if good enough. And then you have a couple of very promising future back-rowers who will be playing SG Ball like PPR and Aaron Teroi. Richie Kennar may even end up there.

Still I hope it isnt true, he seems a great size with plenty of talent.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Cade Umaga - Confirmed
Cade Umaga has followed in the footsteps of his famous father, by signing a development contract with an Australian rugby league club.
The 16-year-old year 12 pupil at Scots College has agreed terms with the Melbourne Storm and will probably play SG Ball (under-18) football next year.
Link to article