2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

Woody wrote:I`m just hoping now that we might hear Sione Kite and Atelea Vea`s names appear on the re-signed list soon too ( I know.. I`m greedy but I want them all to stay :-D )
add in a sika manu and its a great deal
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storming wrote:
Woody wrote:I`m just hoping now that we might hear Sione Kite and Atelea Vea`s names appear on the re-signed list soon too ( I know.. I`m greedy but I want them all to stay :-D )
add in a sika manu and its a great deal
I`m still trying to work that one out Storming. I didn`t add him in with the other guys because I`m totally confused as to whether he is out of contract or not. I definitely want him to stay too but last I heard I thought he was back to still having a year to go on his contract ??? ??? Either way, those three, along with Jesse and Brian Norrie will make the base of a great pack if we can keep them together :)
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sika isnt even looking at going anywhere untill his contract is up - heard straight from the horses mouth basically
Monsoon
Monsoon

Supposedly we have signed Shea Moylan from the Bronco's
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote:Supposedly we have signed Shea Moylan from the Bronco's
We have. It's in today's RLW.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

wow u two are fast i just read that too was heading here to write it

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

And Robbie Rochow to Knights (confirmed signings LU) :(
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chip wrote:And Robbie Rochow to Knights (confirmed signings LU) :(
watch him blossom into the beautiful flower we know he is
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm not familiar with this Moylan guy. Is he a good pick up?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote:I'm not familiar with this Moylan guy. Is he a good pick up?

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Moylan is a 24 year old who can play fullback, wing or centre and he has been carving up the Qld Cup for two or three years for both Souths Logan and now Wynnum Manly. He has explosive pace. He spent most of his time at Souths Logan at fullback and most of matches for Wynnum Manly I have seen he has been on the wing. I think he played at least one match for the Broncos during the Origin period.

He was originally picked in the Qld Residents team for the curtain raiser for Origin III but must have missed due to injury.

I actually emailed Frank Ponissi in August 2010 with a list of NSW and Qld Cup players we should consider signing, thinking we may have to stock up with these players once salary cap situation was sorted out for 2011 and I included Moylan in this email. FYI, the other players I included were David Gower, Aaron Sweeney, Jared Farlow, Pele Peletelese, Dayne Weston and Karl Johnson.
Monsoon
Monsoon

I'm hearing Todd Lowrie may be ESL bound next year, and Jack Afamasaga will sign an extension. He may even get a run this week vs Titans.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

According to the weekend Telegraph. Lowrie has been told he will not be offered a stop for next year. But we all know how good their information is!!!! What team is M. Blair playing for next year?
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

According to the Herald Sun, Atelea Vea is confirmed to be at St George next year, first I've heard of it, has anyone heard anything from the club?
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bull....Im sure frank confirmed he was staying at the inner santum the other night

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

it's the first i've heard of it too, but, i wasn't at the inner sanctum thing so i don't know what was said there. i hope he stays.