2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i take back my above comment...neither will go because of this

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

titans have claimed they are in the picture to sign crank

he won't go though. i have faith in cronks loyalty
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

gold coast is a risky place to sign on atm financially speaking
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

titans? bahahaha how? prince 400k+ idris 500k myles, harrison, bird, bailey, douglas, champion. how is this not over the cap, then they have just signed taylor. there is no chance that they can get cronk. i think there is only 2 teams that could afford him next year, rabbits and a dark horse of the bulldogs
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

rabbits? surely not! king, inglis, asotasi, luke, burgess (and his brothers), merrett, crocker, sutton...
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Crocker retiring end 2012. DT leaving would free up a bit of coin.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I hope they can get something on the table for him soon. I know getting Coops sorted out is imperative but I`d hate to think we stalled trying to get other things sorted out and he picked up another offer and left in the meantime.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hearing a lot of rumours at the moment about Willie Mason coming to us. Apparently the way Cam Smith reacted yesterday on Fox pretty much screamed out that he is coming to Melbourne. Will be interesting, I wouldn't mind him here to be honest as long as he puts in 100% and is reasonably fit.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Inglis#3 wrote:Hearing a lot of rumours at the moment about Willie Mason coming to us. Apparently the way Cam Smith reacted yesterday on Fox pretty much screamed out that he is coming to Melbourne. Will be interesting, I wouldn't mind him here to be honest as long as he puts in 100% and is reasonably fit.

Well that would speak volumes if this occured.

If the Storm have enough "loose" salary cap to sign Willie Mason...then they would obviously have enough money to keep Sika and Coops on enhanced deals imho, particularly as other payers are bound to leave (ie Quinny)
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Keep in mind Mahe Fonua, Ben Hamtpon and Tohu Harris will all be OC, though Id expect Ben to leave.

Denny Solomona, Young Tonumaipea and Matt McGahan will probably be elevated
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

young is apparently going on a morman mission so i hear
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Storm Spirit wrote:
Inglis#3 wrote:Hearing a lot of rumours at the moment about Willie Mason coming to us. Apparently the way Cam Smith reacted yesterday on Fox pretty much screamed out that he is coming to Melbourne. Will be interesting, I wouldn't mind him here to be honest as long as he puts in 100% and is reasonably fit.

Well that would speak volumes if this occured.

If the Storm have enough "loose" salary cap to sign Willie Mason...then they would obviously have enough money to keep Sika and Coops on enhanced deals imho, particularly as other payers are bound to leave (ie Quinny)
Mason coming would be an interesting experiment. If anyone can get the best out of him its Bellyache but only if we can wrap up our other players. I would hate to think we would let the likes of Sika go to sign Mason under any circumstances
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:young is apparently going on a morman mission so i hear
Fkn mormons worse then Union and AFL >:( .

PS. Just joking for our mormon posters ;)
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If Mason came to Storm, surely it would be on match payments only, although apparently the reason he didn't sign with the Tigers was because Mason wants $60 - $70K for the rest of this year and a $180K backloaded for next year. Tigers were offering $120k this year with a second year option in the Tigers' favour. His manager is still talking to the Tigers.

[ Post made via iPad ] Image