2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
hughzy
Squall
Squall

So im guessing lowrie is staying?

[ Post made via Android ] Image
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

afamasaga wasnt on the list of leaving ppl

Elijah Niko
Jake Hawkins
Robbie Rochow 2 games
Dane Chisholm 1 Games
Sione Kite 2 Games
Chase Stanley 8 Games
Atelea Vea 9 Games
Troy Thompson 7 Games
Beau Champion 14 Games
Adam Woolnough 19 Games
Adam Blair 121 Games

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
hughzy
Squall
Squall

So we need to sign a back and 2 or 3 more forwards.

With a good pre-season under jacks belt , i think he would be a good impact player off the bench next season?

Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Kite and O0 Niko leaving. Was a bit surprised and disappointed to hear of these two leaving. I thought with Blair, Woolly and Thommo leaving that we would re-sign Kite because he is still relatively young, big and can do some damage and we already have three holes to fill in prop rotation (given that Blair spent time in second row). We are also losing a couple of outside backs in Stanley and Champion and I thought we would re-sign Niko given his age and his size.

If Kite is leaving do you think this means we maybe offering a contract to Jarome Wilson from Under 20s?

Of those leaving only Blairy has played a significant number of games for the Storm, although Wooly, Thommo and Champion have played a fair amount of first grade.

Whichever players the Storm sign to fill the gaps will be the right type of players and we should have fill confidence in Craig, Frank and rest of the team.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't know if you looked at page 66 scooter but jordan maclean has been offered a ft contract

storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

kite with his injuries is kind of expected, niko is a shock to me! maybe they have the young 20's coming through but in attack he is devastating! very hard to stop. also he does a lot of dummy half runs to help the forwards out, i seen him do 5 dummy half runs in 3 sets in one game and made 10m+ every run while playing for east tigers. but i spose the club knows best, or maybe he got a better offer and the chance to actually play NRL
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

As far as i know Elijah Niko is off to the Cowboys

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Freshy wrote:As far as i know Elijah Niko is off to the Cowboys

[ Post made via iPhone ] Image
Im gonna run with it ;)
Didgi
Squall
Squall

Interesting. Couldn't be a bad signing, he was good in NYC, from what I've seen he's been destructive in Q Cup and wouldn't come too expensively. At the worst he'd be a very solid backup player for the outside backs, but frankly I'm not sure we need him. Wouldn't complain though.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Didgi wrote:Interesting. Couldn't be a bad signing, he was good in NYC, from what I've seen he's been destructive in Q Cup and wouldn't come too expensively. At the worst he'd be a very solid backup player for the outside backs, but frankly I'm not sure we need him. Wouldn't complain though.
Who's your wingers at the moment? Fai Fai Loa and?

Elijah could be a surprise packet for the Boys. Depending how his preseason goes, you could see him getting a look in for round 1 next year.
hughzy
Squall
Squall

I just noticed Greg bird is off contract, he wouldn't be a bad signing.. Can play second row, lock and 5/8, would be a handy player when we have injuries, and his an aggressive player And runs hard!?

sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

shit dont make me get excited....greg bird is hwatttttt

[ Post made via Mobile Device ] Image
hughzy
Squall
Squall

Lol. He would be an excellent signing! How much is he on atm?

Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

hughzy wrote:Lol. He would be an excellent signing! How much is he on atm?

1 BILLION DOLLARS MORE THAN STORM COULD TEMPT HIM WITH !

He would be a great pick up....but will never happen IMHO
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Didgi
Squall
Squall

Freshy wrote:
Didgi wrote:Interesting. Couldn't be a bad signing, he was good in NYC, from what I've seen he's been destructive in Q Cup and wouldn't come too expensively. At the worst he'd be a very solid backup player for the outside backs, but frankly I'm not sure we need him. Wouldn't complain though.
Who's your wingers at the moment? Fai Fai Loa and?

Elijah could be a surprise packet for the Boys. Depending how his preseason goes, you could see him getting a look in for round 1 next year.
KFFL and Ash Graham, who's had a strong season. There's the possibility Kane Linnett with fill Tonga's centre spot, meaning Antonio Winterstein would be a chance there, though personally I'd prefer him in the centres with Graham on the wing and Linnett as backup.

Kyle Feldt and Wayne Ulugia from the U20s would also be outside chances for spots.