2011 Official Thread + Signing news

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

shane neumann signs with the storm will play for east brisbane training with the storm could get the last spot on the team
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote:wow if it is rhys jacks then thats kool...i kinda have been following is carrer cause his brother plays afl which i always found strange
BIG JIM wrote:His Dad Gary Jack was a great Fullback if thats the same family.
sallymay and BIG JIM there are actually two different halves one with the name Rhys Jacks, who is an Easts Tigers junior returning to Easts after stint with Titans Under 20's and Rhys Jack, the son of Gary, who has spent some time at the Bulldogs.

So if it is the player I think it is it isn't the son of Gary and brother of Kieren.
onlooker
Squall
Squall

Scooter wrote:
sallymay wrote:wow if it is rhys jacks then thats kool...i kinda have been following is carrer cause his brother plays afl which i always found strange
BIG JIM wrote:His Dad Gary Jack was a great Fullback if thats the same family.
sallymay and BIG JIM there are actually two different halves one with the name Rhys Jacks, who is an Easts Tigers junior returning to Easts after stint with Titans Under 20's and Rhys Jack, the son of Gary, who has spent some time at the Bulldogs.

So if it is the player I think it is it isn't the son of Gary and brother of Kieren.
Whose Kieren Jack?
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i donno if u were mucking about and being sarcastic or not so ill just say it anyway
Kieran is the brother rhys and son of garry who we were talking about...kieran turned his back on playing league after playing his whole childhood...he started playing AFL and now plays for the Sydney Swans as a defender
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sorry double post cant delete full post so just deleted what i sai in this one
Last edited by sallymay on Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
onlooker
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote:i donno if u were mucking about and being sarcastic or not so ill just say it anyway
Kieran is the brother rhys and son of garry who we were talking about...kieran turned his back on playing league after playing his whole childhood...he started playing AFL and now plays for the Sydney Swans as a defender
Oh, he plays AFL. I live in Sydney, we get zero AFL news.
There's a Storm brewing in Melbourne and it's forecast to hit Sydney on October 2
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

so if shane neumann gets the last spot, and is a centre, whats our front row list look like?? i thought we had heaps of backs and not many props. not that shane would be a bad signing i thought he was solid in defence for the dogs this year but i thought another big guy is what we need.

any word on if storm are looking at any south sydney players so they can fit in inglis?
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As Gauci said the other day i don't think there's any way we could afford either of those 3 Rabbits players named unless Souths supplemented some of their salary which i can't see happening given they need every cent they can to sign Inglis. If we did have a chance to get one of them i'd love it to be Ben Lowe personally.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Ice wrote:As Gauci said the other day i don't think there's any way we could afford either of those 3 Rabbits players named unless Souths supplemented some of their salary which i can't see happening given they need every cent they can to sign Inglis. If we did have a chance to get one of them i'd love it to be Ben Lowe personally.
O rly? :P

http://www.zerotackle.com.au/rumour-cha ... nglis-610/
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Blah double post.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

beau champion wooohooo

Think we have enough wing centres now
Monsoon
Monsoon

**UPDATE**

2011 First Grade Squad
BILLY SLATER
MATT DUFFIE
JUSTIN O'NEILL
CHASE STANLEY
ANTHONY QUINN
GARETH WIDDOP
COOPER CRONK
BRYAN NORRIE
CAMERON SMITH (c)
ADAM WOOLNOUGH
SIKA MANU
ADAM BLAIR
RYAN HINCHCLIFFE
KEVIN PROCTOR
TROY THOMPSON
JESSE BROMWICH
SIONE KITE
ATELEA VEA
LUKE KELLY
TODD LOWRIE
ROBBIE ROCHOW
DANE NIELSEN
MAURICE BLAIR
MITCHELL JOHNSON
JAKE HAWKINS
DANE CHISHOLM
RORY KOSTJASYN
ELIJAH NIKO
JAIMAN LOWE
TU'U MAORI
SHANE NEUMANN
BEAU CHAMPION

Gains: Robert MacLeod (Cowboys) Adam Woolnough (Panthers) Troy Thompson (Raiders) Elijah Niko (Warriors) Maurice Blair (Panthers) Jaiman Lowe (Souths) Tu'u Maori (Roosters) Beau Champion (Souths) Shane Nuemann (Bulldogs)

Losses: Ryan Tandy (Bulldogs) Aiden Tolman (Bulldogs) Ryan Hoffman (Wigan) Brett Finch (Wigan) Jeff Lima (Wigan) Brett White (Canberra) Greg Inglis (Rabbitohs) Blake Leary (Cowboys) Luke MacDougall (Released) Willie Isa (Castleford) Sinbad Kali (Released) Billy Rogers (Released) Louis Fanene (Released) Hep Cahill (Released) James Woolford (Released)

2011 Strongest NRL Line-up:

1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Dane Nielsen
4. Beau Champion  
5. Justin O'Neill
6. Gareth Widdop
7. Cooper Cronk 
8. Bryan Norrie
9. Cameron Smith (c)  
10. Adam Woolnough  
11. Adam Blair
12. Sika Manu
13. Ryan Hinchcliffe

14. Todd Lowrie
15. Troy Thompson
16. Kevin Proctor  
17. Jaiman Lowe

2011 NSW Cup Strongest Line-up: 

1. Dane Chisholm
2. Elijah Niko
3. Tu'u Maori  
4. Chase Stanley
5. Anthony Quinn
6. Maurice Blair
7. Luke Kelly  
8. Jesse Bromwich
9. Rory Kostjasyn (c)
10. Sione Kite
11. Atelea Vea
12. Robbie Rochow
13. Dan O'Regan  

14. Jake Hawkins
15. Mitchell Johnson
16. Robert MacLeod
17. Shane Nuemann

Under 20's 2011 Strongest Line up:

1. Ryan Pooley
2. Brayden Williame
3. Mahe Fonua
4. Kirisome Avuaa
5. Josh Jerome
6. Sean Loxley
7. Ben Hampton
8. Jordan Mclean
9. Hershel Gideon
10. Damien Sironen
11. Slade Griffin
12. Tohu Harris
13. Kenny Bromwich

14. Matt Smith
15. Zac Moi Moi
16. Jerome Wilson
17. Jesse Perate
stormfan2010
Squall
Squall

NRL approves Inglis's deal with Souths December 24, 2010 - 7:04PM
.AAP

South Sydney have received the perfect Christmas present, with the NRL confirming they will register Greg Inglis's contract after his messy exit from the Melbourne Storm.

Rabbitohs centre Beau Champion, a cousin of Inglis, has agreed to terms with Melbourne meaning Souths now have enough room under their cap to accommodate Inglis.

Both players have signed three-year deals, according to the Storm, ending a saga that even generated stories about the Queensland and Australian Test star considering a move to AFL club Essendon.

Advertisement: Story continues below The NRL announced in a statement that Souths had taken steps to comply with the 2011 $4.1m Salary Cap by the commencement of the season, with modifications to their playing roster.

Inglis's original deal which was heavily weighted with third-party deals was not approved by NRL salary cap auditor Ian Schubert.

"We have always been happy for Greg to be at Souths or at any club that he chooses," NRL chief executive David Gallop said.

"Had Souths addressed the real issues in this from the outset then both Greg and the game could have been saved a considerable amount of time."

Great outcome for us i believe ...
storming
Monsoon
Monsoon

99 i agree with that line up except maybe bromwich in for thompson, but let them battle it out pre season
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If Quinn is back from injury I think he will have a shot at first grade. Experienced reliable player. Although if the young fellasare raising hell, then maybe they will keep him in the Queensland Cup side??