Independent Storm directors abandon legal action

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

So we will never get our Premierships back. ing Spineless Independent Directors. Go yourselves.

AXED Melbourne Storm director and major sponsor Gerry Ryan has pulled out of court action seeking to have the salary cap penalties overturned. "It's been terminated," Ryan said yesterday from Dubai, where he was on the way to watch the Tour de France cycling race. It wasn't clear last night whether the other three independent directors, Dr Rob Moodie, Peter Maher and Petra Fawcett, were also abandoning legal action.

However, without multi-millionaire Ryan's financial support, that now seems likely.

The league club's owner, News Ltd, has dismissed all four from the board. News Ltd chief executive John Hartigan was fiercely critical of the legal challenge, calling it unacceptable and objectionable.

Ryan, owner of Jayco Caravans, said his company would continue as a sponsor and he would be "a passionate supporter sitting in the outer waving my purple scarf".

A sponsor for seven years and a board member for three, Ryan said he would not fight News Ltd's decision.

"The club is bigger than the individual. It is time to bring in fresh people and move forward," he said.

"We could get into a slanging match but at the end of the day we have got to get salary cap concessions for Melbourne to retain its key players to be competitive."

Speaking before boarding a flight to Auckland, Storm captain Cameron Smith defended the players' decision not to co-operate with Deloitte auditors in their investigation.

"We were given advice at the time [on] those investigations that it was probably best if we didn't go in and have those interviews," Smith said.

"At the time there was plenty going on, the rep season had just started and eventually the investigation was sorted out by itself."

Asked what he thought of members of the public remaining suspicious of the players because of the lack of co-operation, Smith said he and the players stood by the advice.

"We like to think we were given fairly good advice by people that we trust. At the time we did what we thought was right for us," he said.

"John Hartigan came out and said there was no evidence of any player knowing what was going on and that was a very pleasing thing for us."

He said the players were yet to hear from Victorian police. "The players have no idea of any investigation. That's for the club to sort out and it's our job to play football," he said.

"I heard a rumour this morning that we weren't going to New Zealand to play and sitting out the rest of the season. That's never been the case, it hasn't been the case all year," he said.

"We're committed to playing football for our club for the rest of this season, playing for our fans, they're the ones that have stuck with us and come to our home matches and even travelled away for us."

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225892904298
Last edited by Tigger on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Welcome to this morning. Did you just wake up?
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

Ice wrote: Welcome to this morning. Did you just wake up?
Yeah Ice I actually have a life and do things during the day not like you ya deformed
Last edited by Tigger on Sat Jul 17, 2010 9:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Billythekidslater - You're a fu#king joke.

They have no choice - They can't persue it because they are not involved with the club anymore. They really have no choice. So I now expect you take back what you just called them.

You have no idea the measures these 4 directors have gone to, and the amount of personal money they've poured into it. And then uneducated little turds like you go and call them names like that.

News Ltd sacked these people in order fo this to happen. It is News Ltd who are the corrupt party in all of this. I can't express to you, Billythekidslater, how much your post and your comments have upset and angered me. You have no idea.

We are meeting on Monday to see what our legal options are, for those who are actually interested. I will post more information after I've attended and fill everyone in as to what steps us members can take. We may have to dig into our own pockets, but I can't confirm that for sure until we have all met.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

JAMIE thats exactly the way this troll wants you to feel.  The only way to kill off trolls is to cut of their food source.  IGNORE THEM
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

billythekidslater wrote:
Yeah Ice I actually have a life and do things during the day not like you ya deformed

Well clearly you had nothing to do during the day when you were posting here at abot 1pm today  :lol:
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

billythekid has been warned yet again about the language and attitude in this forum.  

I have deleted the offensive words from his posts.

I would ask everyone here to please stop using offensive swear words in the forum.  Disguising words by changing letters around makes no difference - at least you could use symbols.

Thanks
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Totally agree Tigger... bad foul language is not needed to
get your point across.... We get what you are saying with out it...
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

JAMIE wrote: Billythekidslater - You're a fu#king joke.

They have no choice - They can't persue it because they are not involved with the club anymore. They really have no choice. So I now expect you take back what you just called them.

You have no idea the measures these 4 directors have gone to, and the amount of personal money they've poured into it. And then uneducated little turds like you go and call them names like that.

News Ltd sacked these people in order fo this to happen. It is News Ltd who are the corrupt party in all of this. I can't express to you, Billythekidslater, how much your post and your comments have upset and angered me. You have no idea.

We are meeting on Monday to see what our legal options are, for those who are actually interested. I will post more information after I've attended and fill everyone in as to what steps us members can take. We may have to dig into our own pockets, but I can't confirm that for sure until we have all met.
JAMIE I was never a big fan of the court action by the directors because it was more about the NRL's processes and if they had have gone about a proper process it is unlikely the penalties would be vastly different. JAMIE I was wondering whether you could raise with Peter Gordon whether the members could sue Waldron and the other members of the not so Fab Five for emotional heartache etc brought about by their wilful actions.

It really riles me that Waldron could bring this club to its knees and he gets a six figure payout from the Rebels and his lifestyle (about from not being all over the media) has not changed.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Scooter wrote:
JAMIE wrote:JAMIE I was wondering whether you could raise with Peter Gordon whether the members could sue Waldron and the other members of the not so Fab Five for emotional heartache etc brought about by their wilful actions.

It really riles me that Waldron could bring this club to its knees and he gets a six figure payout from the Rebels and his lifestyle (about from not being all over the media) has not changed.
This.
You had me at meat tornado.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I SEE OUR MODERATORS ARE STILL ALLOWING THIS TROLL THE WEB SPACE
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

BIG JIM wrote: I SEE OUR MODERATORS ARE STILL ALLOWING THIS TROLL THE WEB SPACE
Big Jim, did you not read my post regarding this??
We can't be everywhere at all times and if you'd take the time to notice I've removed offensive words from btks posts.  Would you like us to remove everyone who doesn't agree 100% with you?  What more do you want? People have the right to an opinion, if they come here and post threatening or hugely offensive things they are dealt with. I have said before that there is only one person who can totally remove users but we are working on that. 
If you don't like what someone has to say you can take the option of using the ignore button.
It's up to you!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So the personal threatening PM i got from Billythekidslater was not enough to have him banned,it cant has he still is on.This was forwarded on the request of moderator for them to see.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

If you don't like what someone has to say you can take the option of using the ignore button.
It's up to you!
Which is kinda defeated when silly people continue to QUOTE what you are trying to ignore  :roll:

People who post defamatory & deliberately hostile things on the internet are only doing so because it is easier & more fun for them than their usual pastimes.
ie: pulling the wings of moths & tormenting their neighbourhood pets  :evil:
PLEASE STOP QUOTING THE DRIBBLE !!!
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
storm_man
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Scooter wrote: JAMIE I was never a big fan of the court action by the directors because it was more about the NRL's processes and if they had have gone about a proper process it is unlikely the penalties would be vastly different. JAMIE I was wondering whether you could raise with Peter Gordon whether the members could sue Waldron and the other members of the not so Fab Five for emotional heartache etc brought about by their wilful actions.

How about suing him for financial loss caused by his boards deception. Supporters were misled and duped into buying memberships, merchandise, airfares etc. because they thought they were supporting a world class side (although most of us on here don't just support them when they are good, thankfully!). Myself, like thousands of others, parted with thousands of $$$ to get to numerous grand finals etc. Surely obtaining financial gain by deception is criminal/fraud?
Last edited by storm_man on Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.