An Apology.....Heaven Forbid

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Jacko
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Sorry the hardest word for Storm

By Andrew Webster

An official/director/coach/player/owner/former-rat-in-the-ranks from the Melbourne Storm should call a media conference, stand before the mass of reporters, tap the microphone and bespeak the following:

"Hello ... hello ... Hi there. I'd like to thank all of you for coming today. I represent the Melbourne Storm and I would like to say this: 'We're sorry. No, seriously, we are'.

"Sorry for not so much rorting the cap but completely taking the piss out of it. And all of you. Sorry for ensuring there will be an asterisk next to the 2007 and 2009 seasons. To that end, sorry to Manly and Parramatta. And their supporters."Actually, sorry to every team for the past five years when we've been - what was it again? - $3.2 million over the cap. Jesus! That much?!

"Sorry to every team this year, too. We're not playing for points but you are, and we're playing against you with a team that's more than a million bucks over.

"Sorry to the team that goes on to win it, because your premiership will forever have an asterisk next

to it as well. That asterisk will say that you won the comp in the year when the Storm were caught reaming the cap.

"And sorry to our supporters and players and staff members who didn't know what was going down in Storm Town. Sorry for destroying everything you have worked for while under the illusion that it's all above board instead of being predicated on a foundation of absolute bullshit.

"One more time, for the record: sorry, rugby league. Really sorry."

These are the words this column - and I'll hazard a guess, a large proportion of the game - wants to hear as this Storm firestorm finally starts to subside.

The final straw came earlier this week when chairman Rob Moodie sounded off to his friends in the Fairfax press that the audit from accountancy giant Deloitte would only "serve the best interests of News Limited rather than the best interests of the Melbourne Storm".

So now it's Deloitte's fault? Anyone else? The CIA? Aliens? Osama Bin Laden in on it, too?

And another question for Old Doc Moodie, while we've got you ... Ever considered the fact that rorting happened on your watch? It is a nonsense that what the Storm have done is excusable because of the suspicion that other clubs are doing it.

News Limited boss John Hartigan said on Thursday that the "buck stops at the top". I'd suggest it also rests with the chairman, in some respects, because at some point you would've thought he'd have phoned someone in the front office and asked: "Um, how are we actually paying for all these international superstars?"

On April 22, Moodie was effusive with his apologies behind closed doors at NRL headquarters, then fronted the press and put his hands in the air in surrender.

Since then, it has been one long and annoying bitch and moan and nowhere in there has there been a simple little apology to the rest of the code for dudding it cold.

The End.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

So as actual OWNERS of Storm wouldn't the above journo think that someone from NEWS would ultimately be the one to administer that apology? 
No, of course not, News are totally blameless in all this aren't they?  After all, they only employ others to run their club and if those 'rats' stuff things up then it's not the responsibility of the owners to make amends.  Whom exactly did 'old doc Moodie' report to?? 
And here I was thinking that the buck really stopped at the top, how silly of me.

Btw, how exactly does this guy KNOW what Moodie did behind closed doors?? Was he there?  :?

Also, didn't Craig make an apology sometime in the near past??
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hahaha another bitter Sydney fan looking for an apology. I like how they call us arrogant bla bla bla.
That's why I show abit of arrogance now wherever I can because I just don't give a shit anymore, they can get stuffed.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Jacko go buy some bricks and build a bridge and get over it you sister f*cking half wit.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Tigger wrote: So as actual OWNERS of Storm wouldn't the above journo think that someone from NEWS would ultimately be the one to administer that apology? 
No, of course not, News are totally blameless in all this aren't they?  After all, they only employ others to run their club and if those 'rats' stuff things up then it's not the responsibility of the owners to make amends.  Whom exactly did 'old doc Moodie' report to?? 
And here I was thinking that the buck really stopped at the top, how silly of me.

Btw, how exactly does this guy KNOW what Moodie did behind closed doors?? Was he there?  :?

Also, didn't Craig make an apology sometime in the near past??
Agreed Tigger. Any case I know of where employees (eg the likes of Waldron, Hansen, Vale, etc) did wrong that resulted hurt and pain for others it has generally been their boss or superiors that give a public apology.

So come on Hartigan, where's the apology that the trolls want?
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Like the blame is only on the 4 independent board members....
what about the 2 that represent News... surely they should have
gone also or where they out to lunch or was that a bye weekend.

The whole thing has upset me and pissed me off with the entire NRL...
Except Storm staff and players and supporters not involved.
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
Jacko
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

If you read my post you will see it is an article, not my opinion and I didn't add anything to it. IMO the fans have nothing to apologise for, but the club does, including News Limited.

I understand why, but gee you lot are ultra sensitive.

Surely you can see that the legal action is just damaging to the game. Surely you can see the consequences of all of this, for example the impending ATO attack on every NRL Club, Player & Sponsor. I seriously understand you are disappointed and I agree that the fans and most of the players are victims as well, but the hysterical posts I have seen on this Forum are breathtaking.
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Jacko wrote: the hysterical posts I have seen on this Forum are breathtaking.
Have you chosen to overlook the none stop abuse that many Storm fans have
had spewed at them from many people from all sports - mostly lacking basis and truth.
Completely agree and acknowledge that what the 5 named staff did was incredibly stupid,
not needed nor wanted - it is their actions alone that have brought this upon the NRL.

As far as hysterical posts - if you highlight some we might be able to comment.... but
most Storm fans are loyal and passionate and are Storm4Life so it is no doubt that there
will be some posts that are full of emotions. This has hurt me personally and at one stage
caused mild depression and to some point still does.... yes I am emotional and yes I love
my Storm .... I dont support the actions of those 5 staff highlighted.

BUT HEY THIS IS A STORM FANS SIGHT - WE WELCOME OTHERS AND ARE HAPPY TO
DEBATE THINGS WITH OUT ATTACK - SO I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOU EXPECTED

StormFront......
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

JACKO - I also think peoples comments were directed
at the article and the so called journo who wrote it not
you personally....

StormFront......
Jacko
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

StormFront wrote:
Jacko wrote: the hysterical posts I have seen on this Forum are breathtaking.
Have you chosen to overlook the none stop abuse that many Storm fans have
had spewed at them from many people from all sports - mostly lacking basis and truth.
Completely agree and acknowledge that what the 5 named staff did was incredibly stupid,
not needed nor wanted - it is their actions alone that have brought this upon the NRL.

As far as hysterical posts - if you highlight some we might be able to comment.... but
most Storm fans are loyal and passionate and are Storm4Life so it is no doubt that there
will be some posts that are full of emotions. This has hurt me personally and at one stage
caused mild depression and to some point still does.... yes I am emotional and yes I love
my Storm .... I dont support the actions of those 5 staff highlighted.

BUT HEY THIS IS A STORM FANS SIGHT - WE WELCOME OTHERS AND ARE HAPPY TO
DEBATE THINGS WITH OUT ATTACK - SO I AM NOT SURE WHAT YOU EXPECTED
At no stage have I, or will I attack another clubs fans.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Jacko wrote:
I understand why, but gee you lot are ultra sensitive.
If you had to put up with over 3 months of relentelss abuse, ridicule and just plain hatred from opposisition supporters then and the vast majority of it being unwarranted directed at Storm fans who did NOTHING wrong then you'd be ultra sensitive to. Until you've been in our situation to know exactly what it's like and get a clue i suggest you STFU. I mean you're hardly here to offer your support are you? I mean it's no coincidence you just happened to join up a day or 2 after this shit fight started just like the rest of the trolls.
Jacko wrote:Surely you can see that the legal action is just damaging to the game. Surely you can see the consequences of all of this, for example the impending ATO attack on every NRL Club, Player & Sponsor.
The way i see that is that if any club or player have done everything above board then they have absolutely nothing to worry about. If they've been dodgy then i say bring on the investigations, if it weeds out any illegal activity within the league then how could that possibly be a bad thing? Or would you prefer rorting to continue in league but just not become public in case it damages the game? Out of sight out of mind and all that......
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Ice wrote:
Jacko wrote:
breathtaking posts, you're being ultra sensitive, blah blah blah blah, hypocrisy ad nauseum...
If you had to put up with over 3 months of relentelss abuse, ridicule and just plain hatred from opposisition supporters then and the vast majority of it being unwarranted directed at Storm fans who did NOTHING wrong then you'd be ultra sensitive to. Until you've been in our situation to know exactly what it's like and get a clue i suggest you STFU. I mean you're hardly here to offer your support are you? I mean it's no coincidence you just happened to join up a day or 2 after this shit fight started just like the rest of the trolls.
Jacko wrote:Surely you can see that the legal action is just damaging to the game. Blah blah blah blah blah...
The way i see that is that if any club or player have done everything above board then they have absolutely nothing to worry about. If they've been dodgy then i say bring on the investigations, if it weeds out any illegal activity within the league then how could that possibly be a bad thing? Or would you prefer rorting to continue in league but just not become public in case it damages the game? Out of sight out of mind and all that......
Indeed. Seems as though a few invaders here are shit-scared that there might be some dodgy dealings going on at their club too - and worse still, it could be exposed!!! Oh the humanity!!!! Wouldn't that just be the end of the world :roll: :roll: :roll:

Hmm...do I hear the sounds of paper shredders working overtime at other clubs' HQs? Naaaahhh, as if ;)

(Troll quotes may have been modified for accuracy)
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Jacko wrote: At no stage have I, or will I attack another clubs fans.
Never said you did - the forum is open to everyone unless
they do start attacking people directly, use abusive language,
defame others, or a troll....

StormFront......
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Jacko wrote: Surely you can see that the legal action is just damaging to the game. Surely you can see the consequences of all of this, for example the impending ATO attack on every NRL Club, Player & Sponsor. I seriously understand you are disappointed and I agree that the fans and most of the players are victims as well, but the hysterical posts I have seen on this Forum are breathtaking.
I'll tell you what is damaging the game Jacko - It's News Ltd, who undeed own our club and half ot the NRL. Plus part of the Brisbane club and parts of Fox Sports, the biggest broadcaster of Rugby League in Australia and New Zealand.
I'll also tell you what damages the game - It's this same organisation using a scape goat (In this case the club that it owns) and protecting other offending more popular clubs in it's cherrished league.

This whole sage has only just begun. We have only scratched the surfice, and I'll tell you one thing for sure - When the truth of the entire league comes out, you'll been needing to ask for more apologies than just ours.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League