Time to move on

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm4Life
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I know most people won't agree with me. But the ex directors should drop the court case. Some people at the club tried to cheat the system and we got caught. If it was any other team we would be saying punish them like we have been punished. At first i agreed we should go to court but what's it going to prove? We cheated and time to move on. Are giving the premierships back we didn't win fairly going to solve the problem? We definately can't play for points this year because we are over the salary cap. We have to look to next year both on and off the field. Play the young blokes and the players who will be with us next year. Off the field get the contracts right. Form now on offer a player a fair deal and if he doesn't like it then let him go. Today is the first day i have realised we need to forget about the last 5 years and start building for the future. We can win the premiership next year if we keep the top 4 players and build a team around them.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We can win the premiership next year if we keep the top 4 players and build a team around them.
GOOD LUCK !

Gallop - "The talent WILL BE SPREAD AROUND"
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

I think most people who want the case dropped are forgetting the point of it in the first place.

We know the club managers did wrong and we've accepted the punishments BUT the way Gallop went about this was wrong!  That is what the court action is all about - due process is something that Storm were not allowed by Gallop (& News).

Think about what that means for the future if someone doesn't stand up to bullying by those in power. 
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
JAMIE
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

NEWS LTD - POISENOUS and CORRUPT. Members will not be silenced. Everyone make a banner and support our now sacked dirtectors and send News Ltd a clear message that we will not tolerate this and we want them out of our club. This a very dark day for our proud club, it's the day that the only people who cared about it, w...ere sacked by an organisation that owns half of the NRL - The same NRL that stripped us of our dignity, and continue to strip us of even more. MEMBERS STAND UP and be counted.
Scott Hill and Robbie Ross - The Best

GALLOP + THE NRL = THE REAL CHEATS

Hartigan and Wilson present:
Gauci and Gallop - The newest Muppets

News Ltd = The death of Rugby League
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think the directors were hoping the rort was the orinigal figure and they could use the arguement that most clubs just get fined when they are over the salary cap.  Therefors we should not loose our priemerships because the no one else had in the past.  Canberra were found to be over the cap when they won 1990 and every player's contract had to be redone to fit under the cap and they lost a lot of good players, (see yesterday's daily telegraph).  Everyone know Brisbane was over when they won in 2001, they had 13 international players in their side.  They were investgated, but the was not enough evidence.  Maybe the used paper bags then and not emails, or maybe Newslimited/NRlLdid not look as hard as they did this year.

I think we can win another premiership, but every so called expect is saying we can not with only the big 4 and a rest of no namers.  If we keep losong matches, the Big 4 will not want to stay and the fans will not come and Storm we lose a lot more money, players, staff and sponsorship.  It will not be able to survive.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've said it once in another thread and I'll say it again here. This court case isn't just about winning and losing and in all honesty I don't expect or even think we deserve the titles back given the amount we we over, this is purely and simply about principle and having a fair hearing in all of this. We were hung drawn and quartered without even having the chance to plead our case in any way shape or form and regardless of how guitly we were we had every right to do so. I've got to say I'm very surprised with how little that principle and fairness means to some around here and I for one applaud those directors for fighting for both things. They may very well realize that they're on a hiding to nothing but the point is they aren't just laying over like compliant little lap dogs to the establishment as the NRL and News wanted them to be.
Last edited by Ice on Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

Ice, whenever in the past has a court case really been good for Rugby League in this country? It's never had a good ending before, this won't be any different. Sure, I see the whole principle idea but I'm positive after all of this that clubs are never going to look to do the wrong thing again. It's time to move on because the longer this drags on, the more disillusioned people get about the game & the organisations involved in general. I'm not happy we now only have 1 proper premiership to our clubs' name but this has to end so we can move forward & prove the rest of the detractors/doubters what this club is seriously about & prove them wrong at the same time...again, JMO!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Bourbon Rat wrote:
We can win the premiership next year if we keep the top 4 players and build a team around them.
GOOD LUCK !

Gallop - "The talent WILL BE SPREAD AROUND"

Ryan Hoffman
Ryan Tandy 
Dane Nielsen
Todd Lowrie
Ryan Hinchcliffe
Aiden Tolman
Jeff Lima
Brett Finch
Hep Cahill
Anthony Quinn
Luke MacDougall

Enough "talent"

Geez your being a real sour fu*k about all this rat, what gives? Siding with gallop? Every thread your predicting doom and gloom.

Massive downer.
Jacko
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

JAMIE wrote: NEWS LTD - POISENOUS and CORRUPT. Members will not be silenced. Everyone make a banner and support our now sacked dirtectors and send News Ltd a clear message that we will not tolerate this and we want them out of our club. This a very dark day for our proud club, it's the day that the only people who cared about it, w...ere sacked by an organisation that owns half of the NRL - The same NRL that stripped us of our dignity, and continue to strip us of even more. MEMBERS STAND UP and be counted.
LMFAO
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Tigger wrote: I think most people who want the case dropped are forgetting the point of it in the first place.

We know the club managers did wrong and we've accepted the punishments BUT the way Gallop went about this was wrong!  That is what the court action is all about - due process is something that Storm were not allowed by Gallop (& News).

Think about what that means for the future if someone doesn't stand up to bullying by those in power. 
I could not agree more,lets not lose sight of the original malevolence of this creep,he did not know at that point in time the extent of the damage and he did not care,he dove in feet first and wether it be justified in the end or not IT WAS WRONG,he did not follow procedure and for that he has got to face the music.
This is about Gallop and his big brother tactics,he has got to be accountable to somebody,otherwise he will be allowed to continue his bullying tactics when ever any body pisses him off !!!
I agree Melbourne Storm did the wrong thing and when the mist cleared the penalties were warranted..BUT THAT IS NOT THE POINT.
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The reason I didn't support the court action was that the best thing that would have happened is the disciplainry process would just be started over again but the result would be the same....you still won't take it

The problem now is that if the directors are able to carry on their legal action in any capacity or take NEws to court for unfair dismisal then it's just another chapter on the infighting that has plagued our game since 1995. While this bullshit is going on the code will get weaker while our rivals in the other 3 big codes in Australia will take advantage and muscle in on the discontent of fans Australia wide.

Certain people did the wrong thing by betraying the trust of players and thus having them stripped on 4 years of glory but they still won't take it away from the players who worked hard on the field to achieve. Let's just leave it at that and get about rebuilding for next year and beyond.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

There are so many thing wrong with this whole mess yes the club did the wrong thing followed by heavy had NRL/NEWS and the list goes on and I fell gutted but. A wise man said to me don’t get in a fight if you think you can lose and I think one way or another the NRL or NEWS will not let us win this one. So I think its plan to keep as many top players as possible, sign the best young talent that we have developed to longer deals, get training staff solid and long term, play along with News for the moment, developed a plan for the handover of storm to a new owner and prepare ourselves for one or two years of not going to a home and winning every time we go. I hate it but I would hate not seeing the sea of purple and having to watch the SOO only because after the storm there will be no other team in my life.  
HayneHeadbutt
Squall
Squall

Yes it's time for you to move on a go back to watching AFL.
[img]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww82/ADJ1/stripped.gif[/img]
[img]http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww82/ADJ1/haynetoogood2-1.jpg[/img]