Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Funny... I don't hold anything against Noddy or Orford or most players that have left us.

But this one, Ingliss's move to the Broncs, stinks more of greed and selfishness than all the others imo.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
your kettle is black
Squall
Squall

CaptainKlutz wrote: Funny... I don't hold anything against Noddy or Orford or most players that have left us.

But this one, Ingliss's move to the Broncs, stinks more of greed and selfishness than all the others imo.

Yeah - another tough day for Storm fans, but keeping your 1, 7 and 9 and a few mid tier players was the correct priority in my eyes.

Emotions run high when a club favourite leaves, but I always have to remind myself I follow the Jersey...
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Fact is he wasnt allowed to even take a paycut if he would
so you never know
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Storm Spirit wrote:
Super Cronk wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote: That seems like a common perception of the man...a few people have said the same.

Wonder if it really is what he's like.
He was like that to me on two occasions. Maybe i caught him on two of his off days...all i know is if i pay money to join the club and take time to come see the players at training the least he can do is act intrested and not be a rude bastard. but with that being said i wish him all the luck at Brisbane.. awesome player.
I spoke with Dane Neilsen at a training session out in the Yarra Valley in January this year.

Great bloke. He actually came up to my car as i was leaving and tapped on the window wanting to make sure that I had got some autographs and met some of the guys. He was with Sam Joe and another player (can't remember) and we had a good chat about winning the GF.

Ripper bloke Dane,...so glad he got the contract extension he deserved and was in COMPLETE contrast to Inglis based on your experience.
Yep i had a similar experience with Belly ache and a few of the other boys when i was down there a couple years ago..they were very welcoming and joking around and having fun...yet Inglis had his knickers in a knot. But everyone is entitled to an off day or two.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

1999 wrote: My theory

GI's weight

2006 pre season - 83kg
2007 pre season - 90kg
2008 pre season - 102 kg
2009 pre season - 107kg
2010 pre season - 114kg
2011 pre season - too fat to get out of bed

We had him at his best, bye bye GI.
Even though I didn't want GI to go the Broncos, I had a laugh at this post by 1999 :lol:
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 5904117948
A DAY after announcing he would leave Melbourne at the end of the season, Storm star Greg Inglis opened the door for a potential return.
But not before his contract with Brisbane ends,  in two years.

Inglis, the highest profile victim of the salary cap scandal that has enveloped Storm, also spoke of the emotional moment when he informed his long-time teammates he had opted to join the Broncos.

Asked whether he had seriously considered playing AFL, Inglis admitted he had before suggesting he could one day return to the club which recruited him as a 14-year-old and turned him into arguably the game's greatest player.

"I definitely gave it 100 per cent thought, going to the AFL and playing a different sport," Inglis told Network Nine.

"I turned around and said I am going to stick with league. I have a two-year deal with the Broncos and you never know what happens after that -- hopefully extend my contract up there or come back home to Melbourne."

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
.End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
Inglis, whose fiancee Sally Robinson has moved to Brisbane for work, stressed he had never been placed under pressure by Melbourne as it looked to shed players to get under the cap.

"I had lumps in my throat," Inglis said of telling his teammates of his move.

"Telling the boys down here was like pretty much losing a family member. They meant that much to me. I never thought that would happen.

"I think Brett White got up first. No one knew that he was going (to Canberra) either. As we were sitting in the room, I had lumps in my throat because I knew I had to get up and tell the boys.

"I held it together until I walked out the room. I was in tears, I was emotional, I was very depressed. Lucky my parents are down here.

"I went home and turned my phone off and stayed around them. Obviously it is disappointing but . . . Melbourne Storm has been great to me through this whole saga.

"They said it was entirely up to me. The thing with me and Sally is she said she would move back down here if in the end I did decide to swing back down this way."

Inglis said he had been to "hell and back" with Robinson. The pair were embroiled in a high-profile police investigation after Inglis was alleged to have assaulted his then-girlfriend.

However, they emerged from that saga with their relationship intact.

While the move to Brisbane will allow Inglis to be with Robinson, it also means he will be closer to his family and friends on the NSW north coast.

"My home town is only four or five hours' drive south," he said.

"My grandparents are getting on and I hardly ever see my brothers and sisters any more."
Video of the interview:
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=7943599

Exclusive to 9 - I wonder when his third party contract comes into place??

If you think he is arrogant, watch the video and you will see a quite reserved man.

I hope he comes back (or if I was being cynical - screws with the Broncos for more money by threatening to come back)

No I like being optimistic - he can have his two years in Brisbane and come back at 25 :D  :laugh:
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

stormsally wrote: http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/sp ... 5904117948
A DAY after announcing he would leave Melbourne at the end of the season, Storm star Greg Inglis opened the door for a potential return.
But not before his contract with Brisbane ends,  in two years.

Inglis, the highest profile victim of the salary cap scandal that has enveloped Storm, also spoke of the emotional moment when he informed his long-time teammates he had opted to join the Broncos.

Asked whether he had seriously considered playing AFL, Inglis admitted he had before suggesting he could one day return to the club which recruited him as a 14-year-old and turned him into arguably the game's greatest player.

"I definitely gave it 100 per cent thought, going to the AFL and playing a different sport," Inglis told Network Nine.

"I turned around and said I am going to stick with league. I have a two-year deal with the Broncos and you never know what happens after that -- hopefully extend my contract up there or come back home to Melbourne."

Start of sidebar. Skip to end of sidebar.
.End of sidebar. Return to start of sidebar.
Inglis, whose fiancee Sally Robinson has moved to Brisbane for work, stressed he had never been placed under pressure by Melbourne as it looked to shed players to get under the cap.

"I had lumps in my throat," Inglis said of telling his teammates of his move.

"Telling the boys down here was like pretty much losing a family member. They meant that much to me. I never thought that would happen.

"I think Brett White got up first. No one knew that he was going (to Canberra) either. As we were sitting in the room, I had lumps in my throat because I knew I had to get up and tell the boys.

"I held it together until I walked out the room. I was in tears, I was emotional, I was very depressed. Lucky my parents are down here.

"I went home and turned my phone off and stayed around them. Obviously it is disappointing but . . . Melbourne Storm has been great to me through this whole saga.

"They said it was entirely up to me. The thing with me and Sally is she said she would move back down here if in the end I did decide to swing back down this way."

Inglis said he had been to "hell and back" with Robinson. The pair were embroiled in a high-profile police investigation after Inglis was alleged to have assaulted his then-girlfriend.

However, they emerged from that saga with their relationship intact.

While the move to Brisbane will allow Inglis to be with Robinson, it also means he will be closer to his family and friends on the NSW north coast.

"My home town is only four or five hours' drive south," he said.

"My grandparents are getting on and I hardly ever see my brothers and sisters any more."
Video of the interview:
http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=7943599

Exclusive to 9 - I wonder when his third party contract comes into place??

If you think he is arrogant, watch the video and you will see a quite reserved man.

I hope he comes back (or if I was being cynical - screws with the Broncos for more money by threatening to come back)

No I like being optimistic - he can have his two years in Brisbane and come back at 25 :D  :laugh:
Gasnier V2,in whos place and how many will have to leave to accomodate his vast paycheck
Altho now Cronk wont get a release which makes this good news
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

SORRY GREG its hard to say this but i dont want you back  :'(
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

sallymay wrote: SORRY GREG its hard to say this but i dont want you back  :'(
After 2 years of Chase Stanley and Dane Nielsen you will  :lol:
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can't say i'll care either way and i won't be holding my breath to see if he comes back or not. I didn't for Izzy or any other player and certainly won't be for GI either. Once they're gone they're gone so you just move on forget about it and just concentrate on who's here. To tell you the truth it's got me stuffed why he even brought up the possibility of coming back it 2 years the day after he just walked out on the club, to me there was just no point in it and i'd bet my last dollar he won't be back in 2 years anyway.
StormHibs
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Isn't it funny how salary cap rules alter when it is time to make it suit the Broncos?
On The Hill
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I can't believe the amount of anti-Inglis sentiment out there in Storm land.

None of you personally know the guy because he is so shy with people he doesn't know (as are alot of indigenous people). Plus you have no idea of the exact circumstances surrounding his departure and how he feels about leaving. People claim they know this, or know that, or heard from someone, or came across him once. It makes you no better than the journo's you bag constantly.

I for one appreciate everything the bloke bought to this club. We made him a superstar of the game and he played a massive part in us winning to grand finals. I don't want him to go but considering the circumstances surrounding the decision am happy to believe his reasons are genuine.

I suggest the haters can get over themselves and enjoy the few remaining chances you get to see the best player in the world play for your club.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mate, we're all supprters, fans, members etc of the club which means every single one of us can have an opinion on things and express how they feel and shouldn't be questioned for it. If those opinions don't happen to be the same as yours then so be it, it's every bit as valid as yours no matter how much you don't want to accept that fact.
Show em Howe
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Go through the archives on any of the major websites and you will see Greg quoted on numerous occasions, saying he doesn't want to leave Melbourne and would even look at joining Essendon instead of another NRL club. Then what does he do? Only signs with possibly our biggest rival for "personal reasons".

If the guy loved the city and the club so much and the club was prepared to knife other stars to keep him, why is he going? The story about his chick getting a great job in Brisbane is comical............me thinks she ain't pulling in over $700K a year. I'm sure there are plenty of multi national offices in our CBD that would happily accomodate her. Plus, his family moved to Melbourne to be with him and loved it too. the whole thing is a big slap in the face to those of us who actually believed the sh*t that was coming out of his mouth. His loyalty lies to his Maroons buddies.

Ice I am with you on this one, I'm happy to see him go if thats the content he wants to treat the fans with. What a shame guys like Whitey and Hoffmann had to leave too, they actually meant it when they said the club and its fans meant the world to him.
Last edited by Tigger on Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

The cynic in my says that Inglis has thrown out the lure of possibly returning to Melbourne Storm in the future to try and keep Storm people sweet with him for next 2 years.

He must know that given he has intentionally left the Storm family to play with the biggest pack of &%$# in the NRL, that he is going to cop a massive amount of flak on the field from Storm supporters.

It will do his friggen head when he plays Storm down here at  the Graveyard Mark 11 in 2011 and 2012.

Particularly under the circumstances that he left and the crap that came out his mouth over the last few months.

Guys like Zappa were left with no choice but to leave....pushed in effect....so we still love him.

Folau....meh....

Inglis...double meh with knobs on it
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time