Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bellamy is devistated by GI leaving.  He is on SEN storm hour now.  He said he takes it personally when players leave.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Storm Spirit wrote:
Super Cronk wrote: Wont miss his arrogant rude attitude off field though.
That seems like a common perception of the man...a few people have said the same.

Wonder if it really is what he's like.
He was like that to me on two occasions. Maybe i caught him on two of his off days...all i know is if i pay money to join the club and take time to come see the players at training the least he can do is act intrested and not be a rude bastard. but with that being said i wish him all the luck at Brisbane.. awesome player.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Super Cronk wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote:
That seems like a common perception of the man...a few people have said the same.

He was like that to me on two occasions. Maybe i caught him on two of his off days...all i know is if i pay money to join the club and take time to come see the players at training the least he can do is act intrested and not be a rude bastard. but with that being said i wish him all the luck at Brisbane.. awesome player.
I spoke with Dane Neilsen at a training session out in the Yarra Valley in January this year.

Great bloke. He actually came up to my car as i was leaving and tapped on the window wanting to make sure that I had got some autographs and met some of the guys. He was with Sam Joe and another player (can't remember) and we had a good chat about winning the GF.

Ripper bloke Dane,...so glad he got the contract extension he deserved and was in COMPLETE contrast to Inglis based on your experience.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

can i now say id hope anyone but him would stop  me from commiting suicide after the 2010 season?
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chip you are 100% correct.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

WOW....when the deal got this good....it would have been ALMOST impossible for Storm not to offload Inglis.  :shock2:

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... .html 

No financial burden on Storm's top tier cap in 2011 or 2012....about as good as we could have hoped for with this whole sorry mess.

I heard Guaci say that Blair, Manu and Neilsen would definitely have gone if Inglis stayed.

Bellamy and Gauci and presumably Ponissi decided that outcome was just too unpalatable.

Inglis had to be sacrificed.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yep keeping blair manu and nielsen is definately the better option
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Chip wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote:

We expect a lot of the players on and off the field.  Natural athletic talent doesn't always go hand-in-hand with the ability to stand in front of a crowd, talk to the cameras, etc.  Especially with some of the maori/polynesian & indigenous australians (not all, but definitely some of them).  Some like Cam, Cooper, Billy & others - all of that just comes naturally - that's their personality types or they've learnt it relatively easily over the years.  But some people have an intrinsic reserve (shyness, discomfort, even self-doubt) that makes it really hard for them to put themselves out there in that way, no matter hoe long or how much tuition they might have - it's just not in their nature.  People look to them to lead but usually those ones have to lead by example (i.e. on the field).  Their reticence is quite often mistaken for arrogance.  Personally I think GI falls into that category.  
Spot-on Chip, and as you probably know its  magnifies when outside your own friends or community.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

You know the koori in me will support Greg in whatever he does and I think he will achieve what his talent dictates he should at the Broncos easrier then if he stayed with us due to game styles etc....................but lima lima lima duck this has increased my hatred of the Broncos by the power of 10 and I hope we beat those smug mother      lima lima lima duck in a GF or 3 very, very soon
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

Super Cronk wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote:

I've met GI three times in Sydney, and each year he was happy to sign my jerseys, pose for photos (even with the Clive Churchill Medal) and have a good chat about the GF's and Queensland.

IMO Greg might just be sick of the spotlight and attention, I don't believe it's in his nature to be fussed upon, however he'd better get used to it up there in Brisbane, because it'll be twice to what it is in Melbourne.
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Stormtrooper9 wrote:

IMO Greg might just be sick of the spotlight and attention, I don't believe it's in his nature to be fussed upon, however he'd better get used to it up there in Brisbane, because it'll be twice to what it is in Melbourne.
If that's the case.....HE IS GONNA BE ABSOLUTELY STUFFED AT THE BRONCOS......

I don't think that the poor fella has actually thought this one through very well at all.
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nadruku wrote: You know the koori in me will support Greg in whatever he does and I think he will achieve what his talent dictates he should at the Broncos easrier then if he stayed with us due to game styles etc....................but *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* this has increased my hatred of the Broncos by the power of 10 and I hope we beat those smug mother       *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ers in a GF or 3 very, very soon
Nah.....
I'd be just happy to win a couple and have them nowhere near the 8 :evil:
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Gotta say I'm a bit miffed at today's HSun in Melbourne quoting that Greg Inglis will tell all in tomorrow nights 9 footy show as that is part of his deal with the broncos.  Hello its just as if us supporters don't exist at all and we have to watch - of ALL CHANNELS 9 - WELL NOT ON YOUR NELLY.
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

Storm Spirit wrote:
Stormtrooper9 wrote:

If that's the case.....HE IS GONNA BE ABSOLUTELY STUFFED AT THE BRONCOS......

I don't think that the poor fella has actually thought this one through very well at all.
:lol: agreed, I hope he succeeds up there, but just not to the extent that it'll come back to bite us.
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"