Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Noa Nadruku wrote: I thought Id be fine with him leaving but why do I feel like its April all over again  :'(.
+1  :'(

Losing Whitey and GI on the same day is devastating
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

Sheesh people, it's jus' 2 football players. We have lost the likes of Noddy, Ox & Boof before & still survived, so this will barely be a speed bump on the road to redemption. GI will be the loser out of this when we win the premiership before the Broncos anyways, so it's all good in the 'hood!

P.S. Id still like to know how they are under the cap with Hannant & GI going there. But the soap opera is over so that's a good start...
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

sad to see them go but im glad the inglis saga is over..............  now i hope i never have to see this thread AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

come on 2011 and lets see the other talent we are going to unveil!
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

:'( :'( :'( i really feel like crying but i knew it was coming

i dont really know what to say to be honest

why cant they tell us the team for next year i hope they put it out once its been approved i think the storm owes us that

bring on season 2011
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm not exactly sure how i feel right now. Of course i'm hardly happy he's gone given he's been with us for so long but at the same time i'm not overly upset because IMO i think it'll be the best for the future of the club. At least now we have some sort closure on the whole thing and we casn really start moving forward to re-building this great club of ours.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Danger dane has been more consistent than gi anyway, nd juz O'neill  will be our nw gun centre id imagine, with quinn back on the flank, i cant find a spot for chase!
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I wonder in hindsight if we could have retained finchy.....

I can live with GI going as we have options. What we need now are forewards to replace the depth we have lost.

Its not so bad really the way it has turned out. We knew lima and finchy were already earmarked to go last year so its tolman, gi, white and hoffy that have really been the casualties.

Could be a lot worse .... And looks like we can sign some new faces.
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hoffy :(
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Press conference at 3:00pm.  Hoping it will be live on Foxsports News 513.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

who for??? us or them
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Glad it's over. I'm more gutted over seeing Whitey go. Hopefully that puts us under the cap and now we can work at retaining and maybe even signing some players.
It's all good folks.
Bring on 2011.
2012 premiers. Legit.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I never thought I'd hate a player more than Hayne.  Well I now have one.  And that is hard to say because along with Billy GI was my favourite player.  Broncos are gonna be tough next year.  We will be strong still but come finals time thats when we will miss GI the most.  He could have just stayed next year and we would have won the comp for redemption. :(  :x :'(  The Broncos, how can anyone who has played for the Storm go to the BRONCOS!!!!!! :x :x :x
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

sallymay wrote: who for??? us or them
Not sure sallymay.  SEN said a Storm presser but another forum poster said it was the Broncos' Inglis announcement.

Edit:  Hmm seems it's for the Broncos according to ABC http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... 978919.htm although it might be also about their new sponsorship with NRMA.
Last edited by jellyhead on Tue Aug 10, 2010 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

All the more reason why I'd like to see another team in Brisbane. The Broncos have had a monopoly on all players wanting to return to SE Q'land. Yes you can argue the Titans changed the landscape somewhat but until there is direct competition for them in Brisbane itself, we will see this sort of thing keep happening.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Foxsports - Bruno is (amongst other things) talking about Broncos signing Greg!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!