Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

Ice wrote: I just got a text from a friend in Sydney that Matty Johns just said on his show that He has the inside word that GI will be staying with us. Read into that what u will.
Was just about to post the same thing, I don't know what to think, however considering Matty used to work with us this might be one HUGE piece of believable news.
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

storma01 wrote: MAN!!!!!!!  I just wish he would make up his mind already. if he stays great but if he goes i will be upset that it had to come to this as we had to loose alot of great playersd through no fault of the players bellamy or us the fans but in saying that, if he does go then imo we let go the most expandable player of our BIG 4... we have some great ouside backs coming trhrough and i rekon stanley has done some good things on the field.......   Lets hope we hear some news on this matter in the next few days... 
Can I just remind everyone that the ball is still in Melbourne's court.  They, not Inglis, are deciding whether or not to release him or keep him.  The last I heard, they were still having discussions with Schubert and had several options for the playing roster (ie with Inglis/without Inglis).

It's the media feeding this will he stay/will he go bullshit.  At the moment, it's not even his call!
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

if GI stays and coops goes ill cry

there is noone at this club i want more to stay then cooper cronk
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Monsoon
Monsoon

Matty Johns claimed inside information that melbourne WILL NOT be releasing GI from his contract, and the storm believe in their young talent and want keep all the big 4 and surround them with the young guns. Its a big claim to make on national TV and with no reason to lie, Im inclined to believing Johns based off his past work in storm circles. Expect to see some mid tier players like hinch, lowrie and quinn to depart but.

PS. To all you haters that told me to accept it, he's gone.. Suck on these chinese nuts :P
Last edited by 1999 on Thu Aug 05, 2010 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Youd have to think GI wants to stay for the Storm to make this decision if true.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Personally, if GI stays that`s great, as long as he wants to stay and is happy here. Because the cost of keeping him could be expensive. I would really hope that if Storm have come up with a plan to keep GI it means that they have thought of a way to keep the four together along with the players they have identified as the future of the club. Guys like Sika and Matt Duffie, Dane Nielsen etc. We all know who they are I just hope if we keep GI we wont rue the cost in who leaves :?
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Its strange...i sort of want GI to go, although i know he has done alot for the club and is obviously a great player...but noway do i want to lose Cronk, slater or Cam for GI.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Monsoon
Monsoon

Id keep GI over cronk, luke kelly is a great young footballer and i think he is going to be a star, got a better passing game then cronk, but weaker defensively and about par with kicking, besides, with GI we'd have to subsidise 100k +, If parra wanna pay cronk 800k a year good luck to him i say. We dont have to foot the bill.

1. Slater
2. Duffie
3. Nielsen
4. Inglis
5. O'Niell
6. Widdop
7. Kelly
8. Norrie
9. Smith
10. Kite
11. Vea
12. Manu
13. Blair

14. Kostjasyn
15. Proctor
16. Bromwich
17. Kennedy/Paulo

Exciting stuff i think. Great young team
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

sallymay wrote: if GI stays and coops goes ill cry

Never going to happen, they wouldn't hold on to GI unless there was suitable funds free, the fact that he's rumoured to be staying suggests that is the case.
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Maybe this has all been a game of ducks and drakes by the Storm in partnership with GI to get them to buy time to find homes for other players.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Stormtrooper9 wrote:

Never going to happen, they wouldn't hold on to GI unless there was suitable funds free, the fact that he's rumoured to be staying suggests that is the case.
I tend to agree.

BUT if GI and cronk stay, Pretty much bye bye white, quinn, hinchy, lowrie, maybe blair or nielsen aswell.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1999 wrote:
Stormtrooper9 wrote:

I tend to agree.

BUT if GI and cronk stay, Pretty much bye bye white, quinn, hinchy, lowrie, maybe blair or nielsen aswell.
Blair to the doggies unfortunately. (Still hoping it isnt the case) GET RID OF NIELSEN, WE HAVE CHASE STANLEY  ;D
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

blair isnt going to the dogs i know one of his friends and i asked her
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tbh Ive been very disappointed in Adams form this year. Maybe the style doesnt help him so it may be better for him to play in a less structured system.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

sallymay wrote: blair isnt going to the dogs i know one of his friends and i asked her
Serious? I hope thats the case. According to a Bulldogs recruitment officer he believes otherwise. If in fact Blair does go, the Bulldogs are a rort lol