Greg Inglis to Brisbane

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote: According to todays media

- Kevin Proctor will be a dragon next year (Along with one of the big 4 according to the mercury) **
- Sika Manu is townsville bound, leaguehq have him as LOD's replacement. **
- Adam Blair will be a tiger, fairfax media says so. **
- Storm CANNOT keep the big 4, according to qualified charted accountant :?  and trashy league columnist rebecca wilson.
- We are the scum of the earth blah blah blah even though outside of 5 dirty admin rats we've been cleared, but the team is still a spawn of satan supposedly

** All are without a single quote from player, manager, either sides CEO and ar based off the word 'could' alot.

Great to be a storm fan at the moment isnt it.
FFS...............IT'S ONLY 1 MILLION THAT HAS TO BE SHED ...NOT 2.8 MILLION

LIMA, HOFFY, QUINN AND SOMEONE ELSE WILL DO IT AND PAYCUTS WITH EXTENDED CONTRACTS TO 3 OF THE BIG 4 WILL PROVIDE SOME RELIEF.

I know other players have to be re-signed and upgraded...but there has to be enough players on minimum wage or there about to allow this to happen.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010 ... ion=justin

And it's back to this again ...

Would be sad to see him go but it would alleviate things.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

It is on every site now.
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought Inglis had said that he wasn't going to the Broncos?
Melbourne Storm 2012 - Purple Passion, Purple Pride.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Inglis#3 wrote: I thought Inglis had said that he wasn't going to the Broncos?
I don't think any of the reports in the last couple of weeks have quoted Inglis directly at all lol.
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Its definately not looking good I think he might be going, but to be honest I would rather keep SIKA and BLAIRY.  You don't want a player that doesn't want to be here, It will affect their performance.  PLEASE KEEP SIKA MANU
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

jellyhead wrote:
Inglis#3 wrote: I thought Inglis had said that he wasn't going to the Broncos?
I don't think any of the reports in the last couple of weeks have quoted Inglis directly at all lol.
[/quote

I read one saying that Inglis said that he wasn't gonna play against the melbourne Storm and would rather play cricket.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

If this report is true -
The Mauritian wrote: Its definately not looking good I think he might be going, but to be honest I would rather keep SIKA and BLAIRY.  You don't want a player that doesn't want to be here, It will affect their performance.  PLEASE KEEP SIKA MANU
Seconded!!   :thumbright:
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

Tigger wrote: If this report is true -
The Mauritian wrote: Its definately not looking good I think he might be going, but to be honest I would rather keep SIKA and BLAIRY.  You don't want a player that doesn't want to be here, It will affect their performance.  PLEASE KEEP SIKA MANU
Seconded!!   :thumbright:
Thirded!!!!!! :lol:
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sika would commit career suicide by going to the Cowboys.
Greg going has gotten to the point where I'm over it, just go if you don't wanna be here mate, especially if its only about money!
I'm over who's staying or going, let's just get this over and done with, I'll support the side if we sat at the bottom of the table every week.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

bula wrote: Sika would commit career suicide by going to the Cowboys.
Greg going has gotten to the point where I'm over it, just go if you don't wanna be here mate, especially if its only about money!
I'm over who's staying or going, let's just get this over and done with, I'll support the side if we sat at the bottom of the table every week.
Inglis is a matchwinner no doubt. He has won us at least one Grand Final possibly two. However he also plays in a lot of games where he has little or no impact. He will be a great loss but it’s not the worst that could happen if we are now able to hold onto Manu and Blair.
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I'm over it. I'm so over the whole mess. If he wants to go then let him go. I just don't understand how the media
keeps saying we can't keep so many good players and remain under the cap and then Inglis can so easily trot
off to Brisbane without questions being asked about their salary cap.

I just wish they could rip up everyones contracts and start from scratch, including allowing all players to negotiate
with other clubs, even if it meant losing all of the big 4. At least that way we'd really be starting from scratch rather
than working around existing contracts and having us paying part of contracts whilst they possibly help another club
to a premiership.

I know its off topic so i apologise but to elaborate on that last comment, as an example, lets say Brisbane are allowed
to sign 4 players, heck why not our big 4. Lets say at Storm they were on $600k each but they sign at Brisbane for
$400k each with storm topping up the remaining $200k each. Brisbane end up playing with the same players we did,
they're on the same money but because Storm are topping it up its not counted in Brisbanes cap, they go on and
win 1,2 or 3 premierships during the course of those contracts. How is that fair on the rest of the comp? There are so
many double standards within the NRL rules its just a joke. And don't get me started on the NRL allowing players to
just leave the competition for England just to punish us further, thats not good for the game either. Like i said, I'd
rather just start from scratch with all contracts and move ahead that way. Once again, sorry for going off topic. This
is the first I have commented on this entire issue since the Deloittes report (or parts thereof) were released. Each time
I have gone to type something my mind has been going around in circles so I've ended up not posting. This was part
of my little release lol.

Move along...
Inglis#3
Monsoon
Monsoon

I wouldn't care a toss if Proctor left.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

When the dust settles & the bullshit campaign stops.

I'll be in the stands at AAMI or watching an away game somewhere or on the net.

Supporting & standing behind whatever players , coaching staff & support staff pull on Storm colours.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

1.Slater
2.Duffie
3.Whiddop
4.Stanley
5.O'neill
6.Kelly
7.Cronk
8.Norrie
9.Smith