Disgusted

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Monsoon
Monsoon

Everyone bar Slater, Inglis, Finch, Norrie, Blair and Manu can f*** off to reserve grade next week, pathetic weak effort. Bulldogs were bad, we were worse. No ticker, no effort, just a lazy performance. ZERO cohesion most of the night, FFS that finch try wasnt even a try. And hinchcliffe..4 forward passes!!

Embarassing
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Can you blame them...really? Give them a break they bleed purple...they could be gone playing for a club, for money in a better situation right now, bu they call want to stay and help rebuild. Poor performances are expected in times like these.
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Yeah I was pretty disgusted too.. but for different reasons

1 - Laurie's obvious man-love for Slater & Cronk
2 - The oval conditions.. come on, everyone knows how hard a cricket pitch is!
3 - And most important (as well as heartbreaking) there's was no beers left in the fridge  :'(

You cant expect the guys to all play like the world's biggest superstars every week, especially knowing how close it is to the Report coming out
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I don't blame the player's attitude at the moment, their minds are elsewhere with the news the report on the salary cap is being released this week.

I know they are professional athletes, but surely something like this would meddle with your mind.  Most of them will probably be wondering where they will be next year never mind this year.

There was some speculation on Fox tonight that the Storm might be playing for points soon...and as Gordon Tallis said, *yeah like when the party is over*!

The sooner this report is released, the better it will be for all concerned, so we can move forward.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well i guess now would be a good time to give some performing lower graders a shot. Its time for a shake up, 1 win out of 5 is ridiculous..  seriously no one on this team ever gets dropped, next week i'd go:

1. Slater (Played well against the dogs)
2. MacDougall (Great metres out of d/h, can finish.. Duffie needs a week or 2 back in reggies, still young and raw)
3. Widdop (Kid is a star, killed it in the residents game, needs to be in the 13 somewhere)
4. Inglis (Played well against the dogs)
5. Quinn (Back from injury, also strong from d/h, gets involved in the tough stuff)
6. Finch (Played well against the dogs)  
7. Cronk (We all know what he's capable of, need to see it)
8. Norrie (Played well against the dogs)  
9. Smith (c) (Better pull his finger out, coz ATM he will be shown the door before Billy, GI or Coops, Kostjasyn looks the goods...)
10. Kite (Absolutely dominating NSW Cup, deserves a shot)
11. Blair (Played well against the dogs)  
12. Manu (Played well against the dogs)
13. Rogers (Another NSW Cup star who deserves a crack, seriously a DJ clone)

14. Kostjasyn (Carved up in the residents game and is a highly underused talent)
15. White (Played ok against the dogs)
16. Bromwich (Along with kite are really going well up front in reggies)
17. Makimare (Sika Manu type who will roll his sleeves up and make the hard yards, a must)

OUT -

DUFFIE
NIELSEN
STANLEY
PROCTOR
LIMA
LOWRIE
HINCHCLIFFE
TOLMAN

All deserve a spell after that bulldogs effort.
luvin.the.storm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Luke Mac didnt play at all in the 2nd half of NSW Cup today so he might be injured next week, we'll just have to wait & see.. Same with Rory but he said he should just miss this weekend nothing more
My only beef with Quinn (besides being competition for Nielsen & other younger blokes) is he needs to work on defence and not leave the sideline wide open for opposition TRY-time
Glad someone else has seen the potential of Sione, Billy & Jesse... ignoring all jesse's dropped carries today ;P
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

deloitte report and associated stress/uncertainty.......travel fatigue.....SOO....gallup farking the club over so we play for no points....

any reason alone would make them flat but put them all together...well...you know...

not being an apologist...just a realist.

sooner we have the report ...the players..the club...the members and supporters can all move on.

It's getting tiresome and very farking annoying for me....imagine how the players feel.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I missed the game, was having a Brothers & Sisters DVD marathon with the wife  :cat: :whip2: .
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Noa Nadruku wrote: I missed the game, was having a Brothers & Sisters DVD marathon with the wife  :cat: :whip2: .
You and your wife are brother and sister ????

footnote...sorry just realised it was a dvd marathon.. :oops:
Last edited by Storm Spirit on Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

1999 wrote: Everyone bar Slater, Inglis, Finch, Norrie, Blair and Manu can f*** off to reserve grade next week, pathetic weak effort. Bulldogs were bad, we were worse. No ticker, no effort, just a lazy performance. ZERO cohesion most of the night, FFS that finch try wasnt even a try. And hinchcliffe..4 forward passes!!

Embarassing
Didn't Manu give the game away gifting them a penalty goal near the end? ;)

Forward passes? I've seen tons worse passes get let go. Finch did "ground" the ball under the rules of the game, as ludicrous as that is.

What about Hannant's emulation of Jason Stevens?
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

1999 wrote: Everyone bar Slater, Inglis, Finch, Norrie, Blair and Manu can f*** off to reserve grade next week, pathetic weak effort. Bulldogs were bad, we were worse. No ticker, no effort, just a lazy performance. ZERO cohesion most of the night, FFS that finch try wasnt even a try. And hinchcliffe..4 forward passes!!

Embarassing
How about we call you a waaaaaambulance!  ;-)
So they haven't been playing as well as they maybe could, big deal, it's not the end of the world is it? We've had a rotten few months and the strain on the players is apparently starting to show, I'm not disgusted or embarrassed by my team - maybe a little down cos of the losses but I know we'll come back.

Whilst you are entitled to your opinion I don't agree with you.   :P

Besides I'm in a great mood anyway cos my Tiges won again  :lol: ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Monsoon
Monsoon

im not embarrassed about losing, im embarrassed about the effort of some. There are plenty of talented kids in nsw cup and the 20's who will have a dig if these guys dont want too.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Embarassing
Are you kidding?

The Bulldogs' defence was outstanding tonight!  Storm put in the effort but they just couldn't get past them.

Some of the comments in this thread are sounding like a News Limited article "Storm having nothing to play for and it showed tonight blah blah blah ... "

Bullshit.  They were outplayed by a better team tonight.  Geezus I'm Storm through and through but I'm big enough to admit the best team won.  :roll:
Monsoon
Monsoon

Where did i say the best team didnt win?
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

1999 wrote: Where did i say the best team didnt win?
You didn't but you did say the Bulldogs were bad and we were worse.

The Bulldogs were NOT bad.  In fact, I don't reckon we were even that bad.