Where the F@#@# is the Deloitte report??!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

steaming stormer wrote: today's HS (I don't trust anything news publish) indicates that the players knew...
I think the thing now is that so much crap has been " leaked " by the News Ltd media that the waters have been muddied by the apparent collusion between Deloittes, New Ltd and the NRL. Once the findings do come out a lot of people are going to doubt their authenticity because of the way News have been " leaking ' info from the audit and the muck-raking campaign that News and the NRL have been leveling at Storm since the start of the court case ( in particular). While I agree that Deloittes will have to be constrained to reporting the facts it already seems obvious that they themselves have had difficulty working out what should be included and what shouldn`t and by the time the News lawyers have put their spin on it  I doubt whether it will much resemble the truth. Still, I`ll just be glad for them to put out something so that all of the media speculation can finish and we can get on with resolving things for the club
Last edited by Woody on Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Here is the Gould article that the HS is probably based on http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/c ... 5889605522

On the radio this morning they were saying that the report would be released today??

I think it is only Storm supporters and a minority of other (lets just call them the thinking supporters) who would be concerned with the level of leakage of this report and the possible bias about how much of it is released.  The rest would be just sucking it up.  Like the boat that was raised in a purly speculation article - no evidence given - and now is fact in most non-storm supporters mind - and will be regardless of the findings.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

Where is the f*cking report ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

that's my prob Sally - we know there's a lot of crap being 'leaked' and/or published, but we understand the level that News are involved in both the club and the game - those who don't will just read it and assume it's all true, and lose more respect for the players/club.  It needs to be sorted out!!!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Another article that really doesn't say anything.  It's just opinion presented as fact.
You had me at meat tornado.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

getting beyond a joke now. These players are the ones who I really feel for. All they want is to get on with their footballing lives whatever that may be. It's cruel on them.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Isn't it obvious ?

The NRL are holding the storm ransom.

If we dont comply with news ltds wishes and stop the court action, well, they can withhold the report for aslong as they like, then the storm cant resign players or even field a team for 2011 because the NRL wont register our contracts until the report is released.

In other words, a mexican stand off.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

it will come out next week

the nrl dont want it to take over the qld win

let qld winning be in the papers for this week then next week it will all be storm this and storm that
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

You are both right.  I had not throught of that reason for withholding the findings, but your statement is so abvious I can not believe I did not thik of that.  Also,  I thought it would come out today because we are in SA, but I now think it will released next week as we are in New Zealand,

Lastly, can soemone tell me when we go to court again I throught it was this week.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

glennb wrote: You are both right.  I had not throught of that reason for withholding the findings, but your statement is so abvious I can not believe I did not thik of that.  Also,  I thought it would come out today because we are in SA, but I now think it will released next week as we are in New Zealand,

Lastly, can soemone tell me when we go to court again I throught it was this week.
I thought it wasn't until August, although July 19 rings a bell too.

I have a feeling we might see/hear about the report after the game on Saturday, so late Sunday or Monday.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Don't worry, the Telecrap will let us know exactly when and where, and also what's in it.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

There is a story in todays Daily Telegraph.  The report will come out early next week and we go to court on Monday.  The report says there is at least one player getting extra money from a director, which is illeagal now, but will be leagal next year.  Baxter is also quoted in the story saying we have to make sure everything is correct before releasing the report.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The story is also in the Herald Sun.  This one says it is three players.  Funny how the stories are different, by written by the same person.
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

You know, reading the article today by Russell Gould http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/nrl/s ... 5889981950 it's finally dawned on me that he is not getting leaked information from News Ltd, but is reading the stormconfidential and reporting on that http://stormconfidential.wordpress.com/ 6 July 2010....
So, when the Deloittes, “independent” report is released later this week it will confirm massive breaches in the 2011 salary cap (say $1.5m) but now it will may also scandalise one of the clubs best players and more.

Could the Panther’s sly devious work be a sign of what’s to come … expect also to see the name of one the independent directors dragged through the mud when the Panther drops his bucket later this week and remember you read it here first, off the record, on the QT and very hush-hush.
Nice to see some journalistic integrity at work.

In relation to the one or three players quoted, it's one player with the undisclosed deal with an independant director, but three being paid $175K over their disclosed salary of $400K - oh, that's allegedly of course!!!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

glennb wrote: There is a story in todays Daily Telegraph.   The report will come out early next week and we go to court on Monday.  The report says there is at least one player getting extra money from a director, which is illeagal now, but will be leagal next year.  Baxter is also quoted in the story saying we have to make sure everything is correctnon damaging to News Ltd before releasing the report.
Sorry had to edit for honesty  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields