NSW RESIDENTS TEAM 5 FROM STORM

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The New South Wales Rugby League has today announced the NSW Residents side to play the Queensland Residents at ANZ Stadium next Wednesday, July 7.

The match is a curtain-raiser to Game Three of the Harvey Norman State of Origin series.

The NSW Residents side is selected from all available players competing in NSW competitions.

2010 NSW Residents

POSITION - PLAYER - CLUB
Fullback - Sean Meaney - Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers

Wing - Justin O’Neill - Melbourne Storm

Centre - Dave Simmons - Windsor Wolves
Centre - Geoff Daniela - Western Suburbs Magpies
Wing - Kevin Naiqama - Central Coast Centurions

Five Eighth - Gareth Widdop - Melbourne Storm

Half Back - Nathan Waters - Western Suburbs Magpies
Lock Forward - Jared Farlow - Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers

Second Row - Hep Cahill - Melbourne Storm

Second Row - Lee Te Maari - Wentworthville Magpies
Prop Forward - Martin Kennedy - Newtown Jets

Hooker - Rory Kostjasyn © - Melbourne Storm
Prop Forward - Jesse Bromwich - Melbourne Storm

Interchange - Josh Reynolds - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Interchange - Brendan Oake - Wentworthville Magpies
Interchange - Tim Browne - Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs
Interchange - Aaron Sweeney - Windsor Wolves
18th Man - David Gower - Balmain Ryde-Eastwood Tigers

Coach: Jason Taylor
Assistant Coach: Rip Taylor (Central Coast Centurions)
Managers: Brett McKenna (Wentworthville) and Brent Pigram (North Sydney)
Last edited by BigG on Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Personally I would have had Dane Chisholm on the wing instead of Justin, he's scored 10 tries in his last 9 games and has been more impressive in the 4 or 5 games Ive seen.
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Noa Nadruku wrote: Personally I would have had Dane Chisholm on the wing instead of Justin, he's scored 10 tries in his last 9 games and has been more impressive in the 4 or 5 games Ive seen.
I aggree
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

Hmmm, the player or the system? Either way, it's good news for those 5 guys, well done to them all. Almost makes Game 3 in Syd worth going to now just to see those guys play (plus the Maroonwash, YaY!)
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

J-Storm wrote: Hmmm, the player or the system? Either way, it's good news for those 5 guys, well done to them all. Almost makes Game 3 in Syd worth going to now just to see those guys play (plus the Maroonwash, YaY!)
Hmmm, the player or the system? What do you mean????????????????
J-Storm
Squall
Squall

BigG wrote:
J-Storm wrote: Hmmm, the player or the system? Either way, it's good news for those 5 guys, well done to them all. Almost makes Game 3 in Syd worth going to now just to see those guys play (plus the Maroonwash, YaY!)
I obv meant, is it the system in place that makes these guys so good & rep stars or is it players talent alone. I was curious as to what others thought. Because in my eyes, nearly every player we have let go has struggled elsewhere, so it was a general thought/question
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

J-Storm wrote:
BigG wrote:
I obv meant, is it the system in place that makes these guys so good & rep stars or is it players talent alone. I was curious as to what others thought. Because in my eyes, nearly every player we have let go has struggled elsewhere, so it was a general thought/question
I know what your saying and in regards to the nSW cup its talent but in 1st grade its the system

Imo theres 3 players in the 1st grade team who could join any another team and not have any drop in there performance level (I wont count the wingers).

Thats GI, Cam and Sika.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

so does that mean we dont have those guys for the nrl cause without billy cam greg and coops we wont have justin or rory either ???
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

We got the bye so they'll all back up on Saturday, though I wouldnt be shocked if he gave Justin a rest. Maybe give Dane a crack at first grade.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hep Cahill has withdrawn from the Residents team with an ankle injury. He has been replaced by ex-Storm player Aiden Guerra.

Congratulations to Rory on being named captain.