Can anyone tell me the reason given for the Cowbells being confiscated?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Offensive to who?
You had me at meat tornado.
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

absentee wrote: Offensive to who?
Foxtel viewers maybe?  ???

Why not try and hang it behind the goals where it is less obvious on TV? Maybe you'll get away with it?

Maybe ask the Bai Stand officionados if you can hang your banner next to theirs.... :eureka:

JF
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Only to the FASCIST REGIME (NRL/Spews Unlimited) that runs RL (into the ground!) in this country... lima lima lima duck crybabies!!! Someone hand them a box of tissues, pleeeeease! :P

So we're not even allowed to express ourselves now, is that it? FFS, anyone would think we were in China or Zimbabwe, not Australia! :evil: :evil: :evil:

But apparently it's perfectly ok for:

- other teams' supporters to call Storm fans/players/coaches "cheats"

- them to say that we (Storm fans) support cheats & cheating

- them to put hateful slogans on banners at their home games

- gutless pricks to reduce a 7 year old Storm fan to tears at Whodoesn'tmatta Stadium so that he & his mother leave at half time

- News Ltd's sluts like P. Rothfield, DUI Wilson etc to use their bullshit newspaper columns to incite hatred & violence towards Melbourne, its people, & those at Storm (fans, players, coaches) who had absolutely NOTHING to do with this scandal... I could go on...

The NRL admin's silence on this one has been deafening - no surprise really, given that they are all so lima lima lima duck PISSWEAK & don't give a flying lima lima lima duck about the game!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Your banner does not offend me but in the real world it could be seen as slander.
Not to say that all the other crap that I have seen against Storm is not a hell of a lot worse...

But lets take this on a different angle...

Lets start having banners that support our team and are positive to the Melbourne Storm
forget about bagging the NRL or individuals - even though I am sure many deserve it...

Lets try and represent the Storm and Supporters as so much better than other clubs,
that we dont have to do the b.s. that they do - lets welcome supporters from other clubs,
encourage friendly exchange but not degrade others...

The Storm have many families and children that go to the games - so whilst I am all for
hating some of the people and b.s. that has gone on - lets not bring it to the game for
the sake of Storm and the great supporters that we are....

ANd if they are going to ban banners then lets start chants up to get the message across
it comes across loud and clear on the t.v....... but put the chants up so everyone knows
what they are regardless of where we sit so we can all join in... post them on here, do up
some flyers.... try to think outside the square and lets support our team Melbourne Storm...
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Blitzkrieg wrote:
Only to the FASCIST REGIME (NRL/Spews Unlimited) that runs RL (into the ground!) in this country... *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ing crybabies!!! Someone hand them a box of tissues, pleeeeease! :P

So we're not even allowed to express ourselves now, is that it? FFS, anyone would think we were in China or Zimbabwe, not Australia! :evil: :evil: :evil:

- gutless pricks to reduce a 7 year old Storm fan to tears at Whodoesn'tmatta Stadium so that he & his mother leave at half time

- News Ltd's sluts like P. Rothfield, DUI Wilson etc to use their bullshit newspaper columns to incite hatred & violence towards Melbourne, its people, & those at Storm (fans, players, coaches) who had absolutely NOTHING to do with this scandal... I could go on...

The NRL admin's silence on this one has been deafening - no surprise really, given that they are all so *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ING PISSWEAK & don't give a flying *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* about the game!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I love you :D
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CooperCronk wrote:
Blitzkrieg wrote:
Only to the FASCIST REGIME (NRL/Spews Unlimited) that runs RL (into the ground!) in this country... *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ing crybabies!!! Someone hand them a box of tissues, pleeeeease! :P

The NRL admin's silence on this one has been deafening - no surprise really, given that they are all so *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!*ING PISSWEAK & don't give a flying *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* about the game!!! :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
I love you :D
Aww shucks...  :oops: ;)

Just venting my feelings re the NRL & Screw-up UnLtd's blatant hypocrisy over this whole thing... seriously, their standards are so elastic they could make a bloody shanghai out of them... :P
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Reply from stadium management regarding cowbells...

Thank you for your email regarding confiscating cowbells at Melbourne Storm matches. 

We have spoken with Melbourne Storm about this issue and they agree, it is part of the culture of the club and they have requested that we allow them into the stadium.  Cowbells will be registered prior to entering the ground, therefore if there are any issues with patrons using them irresponsibly we will be able to confiscate them.

We understand that most fans use them responsibly and don’t impact on other patrons therefore they will be allowed into the ground going forward.

Kind Regards
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

^^ Thankyou for that, some good news in there, however it is a bitch having to get them registered...oh well as long as we are allowed them in :D
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

From the club email newsletter
LET THE 'BELLS RING LOUD!

From our Club’s early inception the sound of the cowbell has been synonymous with Storm’s home games.  Preceding our supporters deafening chant of ‘Melbourne’ the cowbell has become a sound that both lift’s our team and sends a shiver down the spine of our opponents.

In an unprecedented move security confiscated some cowbells from the crowd at our last match at AAMI Park against the Cowboys.  While fully within their rights, as all musical instruments are prohibited under the stadium’s conditions of entry, this move struck at the very heart of Storm’s game day and left some members and supporters both annoyed and frustrated.

The Club has discussed this issue at length with the Stadium’s operator, MOPT, and they have been very willing to work with Storm to find a way to keep the sound of the cowbell ringing at our games.  While both Melbourne Storm and MOPT work together to develop a protocol around the use of the cowbell to ensure stadium patron safety, we are pleased to announce that MOPT have agreed to a cowbell amnesty for our remaining 2010 home games.  This is a great outcome and the stadium’s operator are to be commended for their understanding of the importance of this iconic sound to the Storm match day.

Moving forward the Club will release a registration process which will allow complete use of the cowbell at matches, ensuring that these instruments are used in a responsible manner as well as ensuring the safety and comfort of all stadium users.  All those supporters wanting to enter the stadium with a cowbell will be required to strictly adhere to the registration process, but we think it’s a small price to pay to ensure that the ‘bells ring loud at AAMI Park!
Still sounds like things are going to be a hassle. Why are ground management being so goddam fastidious? I'm looking forward to fun & games registering my flag at the Penrith game, whatever that involves.  :roll: :eureka:

JF
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

Yeah how the hell do I go about registering a cowbell?! 3 of them in fact...
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Give Storm a ring..
Seeing the MOPT have given approval, it might not be too complicated.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Cowbell amnesty - how cool - I bet the other teams don't have that!!

Maybe you could get your cowbell a 'Storm approved' sticker!
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
The Mauritian
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

FFS how long can this discussion go on.  For weeks this has been on front page of the bai stand.  Get over it people they confiscated a bell.  BIG DEAL.  The new security didn't know you were allowed to have it.  If Everyone brings more bells to the game I am done honestly.
Cowbell-Mark
Squall
Squall

The Mauritian wrote: FFS how long can this discussion go on.  For weeks this has been on front page of the bai stand.  Get over it people they confiscated a bell.  BIG DEAL.  The new security didn't know you were allowed to have it.  If Everyone brings more bells to the game I am done honestly.
Coll story, bro
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The Mauritian wrote: FFS how long can this discussion go on.  For weeks this has been on front page of the bai stand.  Get over it people they confiscated a bell.  BIG DEAL.  The new security didn't know you were allowed to have it.  If Everyone brings more bells to the game I am done honestly.
Sorry mate - it's pretty slow news at the moment - bye this weekend - two more away games before we can get the cowbell back out  ;D
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in