Storm v Eels....

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

...this could get ugly.

Melbourne Storm
1. Billy Slater
2. Matt Duffie
3. Dane Nielsen
4. Greg Inglis
5. Luke MacDougall
6. Brett Finch
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Bryan Norrie
9. Cam Smith (c)
10. Brett White
11. Adam Blair
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Todd Lowrie

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Kevin Proctor
16. Aiden Tolman
17. Sika Manu
18. Jeff Lima

Youd expect Proc will probaly drop off but Id prefer Lowrie to get the chop.
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I was thinking that too. I found this article (http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... -wren.html )which I thought said all the right things, if you ignore the authors dig at the start, until I read this one  from Ray Price (http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html) who is obviously trying to stir up trouble before the game. I dont envy the poor buggers having to play the game. I just hope that they keep their heads down, concentrate on the game and leave the Parra fans sad at the end

(whoops, just realised someone has already posted these. my apologies :))
Last edited by Woody on Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Monsoon
Monsoon

Strongest team we've put out in 18 months i believe
Mr Soia
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I sent an email to the club a few weeks back Re. safety for Storm supporters at the Eels game.
I'm glad the message got forwarded on to Osbourne and with what he said in their newsletter.

Anyone here is more than welcome to join Sydney Stormtroopers at the Southern End on Friday night, as long as you're on your best behaviour.
Luke aka the original Stormboy of [b]Sydney Stormtroopers[/b].
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

1999 wrote: Strongest team we've put out in 18 months i believe
Id go as far to say best line-up since 07, add Chase Stanley, put Dane on one wing, drop lowrie and I reckon you''d go close to the best we've had. Shame it wont get to achieve what it should of.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I wonder if the wings we be the same as on Sunday with Duffie on the left and MacDougall on the right.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

What a time to be at full strength. No Quinn but Mac playing awesome.

I really hope we smash them, I work with 3 Parra Supporters lol.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

If it gets real ugly, the players should just walk off - unsafe workplace.  What will the NRL do?
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Play the ball
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Best way of dealing with the crowd is to win the game,

not sure if I would like to be a storm fan in that crowd though ,

will be ugly in the stands , the boguns will run amok.
Go the Allblacks, Richmond , and the mighty Storm
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

At least we didn't beat the Bulldogs in the grand final.....

I remember going to a prelim final in sydney against them, and they were rampant, it was almost like one of those soccer matches you see with the fireworks and people getting seemingly violent  (and they won!)

But yeah, i hope the guys get a large lead early, they'll shutup quick smart.

KHoI
Storm 4 Life~
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Woody wrote: I was thinking that too. I found this article (http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... -wren.html )which I thought said all the right things, if you ignore the authors dig at the start, until I read this one  from Ray Price (http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,865 ... 66,00.html) who is obviously trying to stir up trouble before the game. I dont envy the poor buggers having to play the game. I just hope that they keep their heads down, concentrate on the game and leave the Parra fans sad at the end

(whoops, just realised someone has already posted these. my apologies :))

In an email to the club's 10,000- strong member base yesterday Osborne pleaded for calm, saying it would be inappropriate to single out any Storm supporter.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

If the Eels have 10K members I'm an astronaut! Parra fans ahve always been the biggest bunch of fairweather bandwagoning fans in RL history. When they are winning they have fans, when they are losing, they desert.

Eels still have to turn up and play. If they don't the fans should direct their anger at them.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

KingHoweofIsrael wrote:But yeah, i hope the guys get a large lead early, they'll shutup quick smart.
Or they'll leave early, crying that they're losing to an "illegal" team.  You know... the same illegal team they were fully capable of beating last season.
You had me at meat tornado.
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Price also questioned why Melbourne are allowed to send out an illegal team each week.

"They are still playing with a team that is $1 million over the salary cap," he said.

"That shouldn't be happening either.
Oh, dear.

Pricey, you are a legend mate but deadset you must have put your head into waaaaaaay too many scrums.

You are a board member and your CEO is one of the many who agreed to the penalties including Storm being prevented from playing for points. WE get nothing regardless of the outcome.

Price and the Parra fans can't have it both ways; turn up to play knowing you have to win or shut the lima lima lima duck up. We are not playing for points because 13 of the other 15 CEOs agreed to it and I'll bet that Osborne was one of those 15.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Does anyone have a link to the Eels club handy, as I have 2 friends flying to the game Friday morning and are a bit nervous about security at the ground.
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

CC theres alot of security at grounds these days
even manly vs sharks the place was crawling with them and cops
theyll be half the crowd ull be fine dude,besides if they start shit
theyre only parra fans anyway
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler