If the injunction is granted on Friday...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I read in the Age today (looking for the link at the moment) if the injunction is granted not only will we able to play for points but, wait for it.... we will be awarded the 8 points we had accumulated prior to being stripped which would put us into third on points just ahead of the Titans.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
TC
Site Manager
Site Manager

LESStar58 wrote: I read in the Age today (looking for the link at the moment) if the injunction is granted not only will we able to play for points but, wait for it.... we will be awarded the 8 points we had accumulated prior to being stripped which would put us into third on points just ahead of the Titans.
Actually, it would put us in second
We must all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Roy Masters on the Offsiders on Sunday said he felt this might be referred to Mediation by the 2 parties.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I doubt it there will be a result tha
t quickly, sounds good though.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Believe it when I see it
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yes - don't get your hopes up.

If Storm were awared its premierships back, and all of our points - can you imagine the consequences?

(a) The other 15 teams will be up in arms;
(b) The other 15 teams' supporters will start picketing in the streets
(c) It would effectively mean the CAP is unenforceable (in its current form)

It would also mean Gallop would be looking for a new job.

[Starts praying]
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thats a big if,also it will be overturned on appeal....sadly enough this season is over
all you can do is hope for 2007 and 2009 to be returned
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Option C would finally put to death that which has never worked - never been adhered too - never was designed to be transparent.

Giving Gallop the Giddy Up isn't too shabby either  ;D
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Diehard_Storm wrote: Yes - don't get your hopes up.

If Storm were awared its premierships back, and all of our points - can you imagine the consequences?

(a) The other 15 teams will be up in arms;
(b) The other 15 teams' supporters will start picketing in the streets

It would also mean Gallop would be looking for a new job.

[Starts praying]
SO what if that did happen? Is it Melbourne's fault that the CEO of the competition can't follow his own rules if, in fact, he's found to have not done so?

As for the other 15 teams supporters, and I'm thinking about the immediate consequenes i.e. being allowed to play for points, they can all take a hit off my pork bong. The other supporters are the ones complaining about having to play us and getting nothing if they lose when it was 13 of the 15 CEO who agreed with the penalties given out. The other teams fans can't have it both ways... they should also kiss our collective arses in spades if it's found Gallop screwed the pooch and fell on his own sword. I don't hate him for stripping our premierships; I hate him for underselling us on our TV rights deal in 2006.
Last edited by LESStar58 on Thu May 20, 2010 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well said Les, i lol'd irl

I was just thinking, shouldn't every team be under this much scrutiny now one team has been found out? I'm not just talking this current seasons' teams, but past as well. I'd imagine a few more teams would be found to be over the cap in previous years  -  what would that mean for premiership winning teams over the years? Would the NRL have any legit premiers?

Just saying.

KHoI
Storm 4 Life~
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just checked out the Supreme Court of Victoria's website - looks like our hearing for First Directions (injunctions etc) is at 10am tomorrow morning.

http://scvprobate.com.au/lists/scv_daily_list.pdf

It is listed in the Commercial Court as Melbourne Storm Rugby League Club Limited vs National Rugby League Limited.

Hopefully we'll hear something by lunch time tomorrow!
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

KingHoweofIsrael wrote: Well said Les, i lol'd irl

I was just thinking, shouldn't every team be under this much scrutiny now one team has been found out? I'm not just talking this current seasons' teams, but past as well. I'd imagine a few more teams would be found to be over the cap in previous years  -  what would that mean for premiership winning teams over the years? Would the NRL have any legit premiers?

Just saying.

KHoI

I have read in numerous places how other teams have beeen over the cap so I can only assume that the nrl would all but cease to be if the same rules were applied to all!
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
jjai
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

if it goes through  did any of you`s stop to think, which players wont be able to play for you`s?? you wont be able to field the same teams you have been since you`s got caught..  if the ruling goes your way which players sit out???? .. maybe they should just strip the points you`s had before you got busted.. then you`s will just be on 8 points..
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Why - no other teams who have breached the cap (e.g. the warriors, dogs) had to sit players out even though they were over the cap that year. If we win all bets are off until the NRL sit down and formally strip us again, albeit the 'legal' way of doing it. If its before the fianls its largely irrelevant as we would have won enough points to qualify so who we have not in the team wont matter much
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Kettles
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

jjai wrote: if it goes through  did any of you`s stop to think, which players wont be able to play for you`s?? you wont be able to field the same teams you have been since you`s got caught..  if the ruling goes your way which players sit out???? .. maybe they should just strip the points you`s had before you got busted.. then you`s will just be on 8 points..

Good God, are you serious, or is this is piss take? what is a you's? WTF? And not once, 5 times.

And while we're at it, there is no would of, could of, should of... it is would have, could have or should have. Always. No exceptions. No excuses.

And... you cannot be in agreeance with anyone or anything, 'cos there's no such word. You can, however, be in agreement.

Sorry to sound like a schoolteacher, but this is a written forum. It certainly helps if you can spell.

As you were. Um, Go Storm.
Here's me and my new best friend! Sweeeeeeeet!