HostPlus response to my E-mail

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
thunder
Squall
Squall

From: HOSTPLUS Complaints [mailto:complaints@mail.hostplus.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, 4 May 2010 1:44 PM
To: Heather
Subject: RE: Melb Storm

Dear Ms ,

Thank you for contacting HOSTPLUS in relation to the decision by HOSTPLUS to withdraw our sponsorship of the Melbourne Storm.

As you are no doubt aware HOSTPLUS and the Melbourne Storm had enjoyed a successful association since 2006. Unfortunately the findings of the NRL’s salary cap investigations uncovered practices within the Melbourne Storm organisation which were totally inconsistent with the values and corporate ethics that our membership expect from our Fund and from the organisations we deal with on their behalf.

Like everyone associated with the Storm, HOSTPLUS was saddened and disappointed with these revelations. The decision to end our association was taken with great sorrow as this had become a highly successful commercial partnership for our Fund, but also because we recognise there are many people, such as Storm employees and fans, adversely affected by the outcomes of the actions taken by some within the club.

Ultimately however, we have a commercial and ethical responsibility to our members which must outweigh the emotional or sentimental responses HOSTPLUS may have felt toward the club.

We hope you will understand the rationale behind our decision. We wish you ongoing enjoyment from your support of the Melbourne Storm.

Kind Regards,

Julia Kohn
Complaints Officer
HOSTPLUS

T 1300 467 875
F 1800 467 875
E complaints@mail.hostplus.com.au
W hostplus.com.au

HOSTPLUS Pty Ltd ABN 79 008 634 704
Registrable Superannuation Entity Licence No: L0000093
Australian Financial Services Licence No. 244392
Level 9, 114 William Street
Melbourne VIC 3000

Important information
This email is intended for the named recipient only. The information contained in this message may be confidential or commercially sensitive. If you are not the intended recipient you must not reproduce or distribute any part of the email, disclose its contents to any other party, or take action in reliance on it. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately. Please also destroy and delete this message from your computer.

Any views expressed in this email are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly states them to be the views of HOSTPLUS Pty Ltd (HOSTPLUS). HOSTPLUS does not represent, warrant or guarantee that the integrity of this email has been maintained nor that it is free of errors, virus or interference.

HOSTPLUS makes no representation, warranty or guarantee and accepts no liability as to its accuracy or completeness. HOSTPLUS excludes all liability whatsoever howsoever arising from the use of, or reliance on, the information provided. This email, and its contents, are subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or transmitted without the written consent of the copyright owner.

Sent: Tuesday, 27 April 2010 8:01 PM
To: SP Host-Plus
Subject: Melb Storm

Just a quick note from a disgruntled Melbourne Storm member in order to illustrate what they are feeling.

How SPINELESS is Hostplus to abandon the Storm in their time of need?

Everything was fine when you were riding high on the Storm’s success but when the heat was on you bailed quicker than you can say Boo!

You are Pathetic, Weak and Ignorant to think that jumping ship was the solution.

The true character of any company is shown by their response to adversity and you certainly showed your true colours.

We applaud Jayco, Suzuki and Harvey Norman for sticking with us and it illustrates their true character.

Your logos are history on our jerseys and the banners said it all on Sunday night in relation to ME, Hostplus & Skins. By the way, Storm fans who unlike you have true HEART numbered 24,000 on Sunday night and the membership base grew by 500 on that day alone. What does that say to a gutless establishment such as yours – NOT much!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I can understand why ME Bank and Host Plus would want to withdraw from sponsorship - they're both financial companies and wouldn't want to be associated with a club in our current position.  I do, however, think that they were both a bit hasty in dropping support.  If they sat on it for a week or two they may have decided that standing by the club during tough times would reflect well on their brands - especially ME Bank.  Why would someone want to be with ME Bank when they run at the first sign of trouble?
You had me at meat tornado.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

With respect Host Plus.....that party politics line about having a moral responsiblity to your clients is *LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK*ing CRAP.......

As an organisation you had a moral responsiblity to act in accordance with the laws of natural justice (only some were guilty), respect for individuals (only some were guilty...but your actions were designed to hurt plenty) and demonstrating to our younger community that when life sometimes throw up difficulty situations...you don't just bail at the 1st sign of trouble...you work together to produce a stronger bond forged in difficult times.

Host Plus and ME Bank.....you get ZERO respect from me for your cheap, reactionary and gutless efforts...
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

They will regret

AND we won't forget
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I got a letter from them yesterday, I have a few super accounts which I need to roll into one, and the HostPlus one was what I was going to use.  Hadn't got around to it.  Yesterday, they sent me my statement... which is great... now I have my account details to roll it all into Care!!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
The Eagle
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Well written spamback garbage,you'd all get the company lines she just spat out
but very well written and ultimately respectable
"Absolutely trained to the minute"
Phil "Gus" Gould

"I will personally pay for those to touchies to go and visit OPSM for a checkup,id thought we'd reverted to gridiron for a moment there"

Desmond "Sorry" Hasler
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I started up an ME savings account early last year. Figured they were a sponsor of the storm and had a decent package so I wanted to reward their sponsorship of the club.
The other week I withdrew most money from the account.

Its difficult in-that I can understand that they are a financial institution and it has been a financial screwup by the club so they saw fit to leave.
But then again if these companies screw up, then they are pleading with us to stay with them and not have a mass withdraw from them otherwise they could totally fold.
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

pauliedude wrote: I started up an ME savings account early last year. Figured they were a sponsor of the storm and had a decent package so I wanted to reward their sponsorship of the club.
The other week I withdrew most money from the account.

Its difficult in-that I can understand that they are a financial institution and it has been a financial screwup by the club so they saw fit to leave.
But then again if these companies screw up, then they are pleading with us to stay with them and not have a mass withdraw from them otherwise they could totally fold.
Did you let them know why you were withdrawing most (why not all?) of your money?