Opposition Claim against NRL

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I read someones comment in the paper today on the lines of

If Storm are not allowed to earn points with being over the Salary Cap in 2010 how is it fair for opposition teams to have to play them and lose so end up with nothing.

So my question is does the opposition Clubs not have a case against the NRL having to play a ILLEGAL TEAM which come end of the season could cost them a Finals Berth ?.I believe this will no doubt be brought up going into the back end of season.
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

That Illegal Team can still do horrible things to their 'for and against' as well.
stormfan
Squall
Squall

I have no doubt that come the end of the year those clubs that miss the top 8 by 1 game (or miss the top 4 by the same margin) will no doubt blame their loss to the storm (if that's the scenario).

Really, no matter what decision David Gallop and the NRL made, they were going to open themselves up to criticism from somewhere (and I am by no means supporting the decision that they made, I'm just making a point).

I did read that Gallop considered banning the Storm from taking any part in the rest of the season at all - but didn't think it was fair to deny players the opportunity to play representative football
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

stormfan wrote: I did read that Gallop considered banning the Storm from taking any part in the rest of the season at all - but didn't think it was fair to deny players the opportunity to play representative football
Yeah, cos Storm players are still good enough for Gallop when he wants them for something!  :laugh:
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The other clubs can not complain at the end of the season about missing out on 2 competiton points beacuse they lost to an ' illegal team", beacuse he had a phone meeting with all other 15 CEO's and they all agreed to the plenties.  They all agreed in April, they can't complain in August.
stormfan
Squall
Squall

good point glennb, I didn't think of that.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

glennb wrote: The other clubs can not complain at the end of the season about missing out on 2 competiton points beacuse they lost to an ' illegal team", beacuse he had a phone meeting with all other 15 CEO's and they all agreed to the plenties.  They all agreed in April, they can't complain in August.
Can't and won't are two different things. They can't complain but I'm sure as hell certain they will.
BigG
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

BIG JIM wrote: I read someones comment in the paper today on the lines of

If Storm are not allowed to earn points with being over the Salary Cap in 2010 how is it fair for opposition teams to have to play them and lose so end up with nothing.

So my question is does the opposition Clubs not have a case against the NRL having to play a ILLEGAL TEAM which come end of the season could cost them a Finals Berth ?.I believe this will no doubt be brought up going into the back end of season.
Another thing to consider, what if a key opposition player gets a bad injury that keeps him out for most of or all of the rest of the season, do they have a case against the NRL also????????  This could all get so messy
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Imagine the outcry if we injure Hayne for the season!
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
LESStar58
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tempest wrote:
stormfan wrote: I did read that Gallop considered banning the Storm from taking any part in the rest of the season at all - but didn't think it was fair to deny players the opportunity to play representative football
Yeah, cos Storm players are still good enough for Gallop when he wants them for something!  :laugh:
Aside from the fact that Gallop is a spineless News Limited puppet he never would have suspended us for the season beacuse the NRL are contractually obligated to show 8 games of footy a week
[color=#400040]Melbourne Storm 2011:[/color] take your time, try not to forget, pay no mind to us... [color=#400080]WE'RE JUST A MINOR THREAT![/color]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

LESStar58 wrote:
Tempest wrote:
Aside from the fact that Gallop is a spineless News Limited puppet he never would have suspended us for the season beacuse the NRL are contractually obligated to show 8 games of footy a week
And NEIN is contractually obliged to show Friday Night Footy into Melbourne before midnight. Your point?  ;-)
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

LESStar58 wrote:
Tempest wrote:
Gallop is not a News LTD puppet.

He is his own type of wanker a NSWRL puppet.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I think blaming a loss against us as being the reason for missing out on the finals is just a convenient excuse.  If that team had won another match against one of the so called "legal" teams - instead of losing - they may have made it into the eight.  There are too many variables to be able to say with any certainty that we cost a team a spot in the finals.

Also, I don't care if one or all of the other teams have a sook about having to play an "illegal" team.  We're not unbeatable.  Suck it up.
You had me at meat tornado.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

absentee wrote: I think blaming a loss against us as being the reason for missing out on the finals is just a convenient excuse.  If that team had won another match against one of the so called "legal" teams - instead of losing - they may have made it into the eight.  There are too many variables to be able to say with any certainty that we cost a team a spot in the finals.

Also, I don't care if one or all of the other teams have a sook about having to play an "illegal" team.  We're not unbeatable.  Suck it up.
Our side this year, or last, is hardly invincible.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

bula wrote:
absentee wrote: I think blaming a loss against us as being the reason for missing out on the finals is just a convenient excuse.  If that team had won another match against one of the so called "legal" teams - instead of losing - they may have made it into the eight.  There are too many variables to be able to say with any certainty that we cost a team a spot in the finals.

Our side this year, or last, is hardly invincible.
Exactly.  As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure during the season last year, we were beaten by each of the other top eight teams.
You had me at meat tornado.