300 new members

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Was just watching channel scum and they reported that since all this broke we've signed up 300 more members. While i know we might lose a small amount of fair weather types i reckon we'd have more than covered those with the new signings and re-signings. I also think given the publicity last nights game recieved down here which IMO was for the most part positive publicity, i reckon there'll be more new signings coming up in the following couple of weeks.
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

Apparently on KB's SEN show this morning, it was reported 400+ had signed.

Either way, great result in these hard times.
VIC
Squall
Squall

Yep I just heard the same Ice!!

You lima lima lima duck' ripper!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

good to hear storm fans, keep it coming  :D
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well it looks to be over 400 new members now and i'm sure we'd have signed up even more today. Just as good is that the SMH have reported that only 10 "supporters" handed in their membership. Great stuff.
Stormtrooper9
Squall
Squall

Every supporter has there own views on the situation, but handing in my membership, I couldn't contemplate doing.

Being a Sydney Storm member, we are copping it big time up here, and reading that we are signing a truckload of new members is GREAT  :D, it's fantastic to see this amount of support !!

I'm thinking of upgrading, to somehow play my part in helping the Storm.
Craig Bellamy: "We ain't going anywhere"
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Stormtrooper9 wrote: Every supporter has there own views on the situation, but handing in my membership, I couldn't contemplate doing.

Being a Sydney Storm member, we are copping it big time up here, and reading that we are signing a truckload of new members is GREAT  :D, it's fantastic to see this amount of support !!

I'm thinking of upgrading, to somehow play my part in helping the Storm.
You are & you just did again  ;-)
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
bruce
Squall
Squall

That include non-ticketed members?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Just seen on the Club website that membership is now 9067.....WOOOOOAAAAAHHHHHH ;D

That's nearly 600 new members in 5 days since the nightmare last thursday.

It's a fantastic effort.....but i would really love to see 10,000......that would be something very special and give the club massive impetus for 2011
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

+ 1 more that I know of will be signing this Thursday.

Great to hear, I hope we can reach the 10,000 mark.
It should not make any difference if they are ticketed or non-ticketed, the afl don't worry about that.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

But guys!  I thought nobody in Melbourne cared about the Storm!

:roll:
You had me at meat tornado.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Are we still angry......HELL YEAH.....let's get ANGRY....

Saw on the official site that Membership has now reached 9426 which is nearly 1000 new memberships since the horrendous nightmare that occured on 22nd April.

Be fanstastic if we could crack 10000. ;D

I tell everyone I know to consider buying a membership and get on board for the future...not sure how many have listened though.

At the very least...wouldn't it be great  (for those who can) if we could bring someone new to a game to expose them to Storm and league in general....great way to introduce people to the game and possibly set them on a path to becoming future members.

Maybe not every week but every now and then
Last edited by Storm Spirit on Sat May 08, 2010 12:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Great post Storm Spirit and I concur with your thoughts about bringing new people to the game.

Fingers crossed that we can reach 10,000 members this year.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

great news......official site now says 9499 members.....a gain of approximately 1030 since 22nd april.

can we make 10000....that would be awesome.

if we are to not only survive...but actually thrive in the future, we need more and more members.

it is a strong membership base that can make a club like Storm more sustainable.....particularly in the post apocolyptic days of News ownership

surely it would also make the Storm more attractive for potential private buyers
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

501 to go?  Sounds like we're playing darts.  Do we need a double to get started?
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world