300 new members

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:
great news......official site now says 9499 members.....a gain of approximately 1030 since 22nd april.

can we make 10000....that would be awesome.

if we are to not only survive...but actually thrive in the future, we need more and more members.

it is a strong membership base that can make a club like Storm more sustainable.....particularly in the post apocolyptic days of News ownership

surely it would also make the Storm more attractive for potential private buyers
Membership gets better everyday and yet again, Greg Prichard from the SMH shows his below average intelligence regarding the game when he suggests that Storm's membership number is down.

The membership for Storm has ticked over to 9506.....YES WE'VE CRACKEDTHE 9500 MARK .....WOOOOHOOOOOOOO.

Kylie from the Storm membership section just told me that as far as the club is concerned, membership numbers have gone up !

I asked if the club was going to release a statement refuting the SMH claims...after all it may hurt the game in Melbourne if the average punter reads that memberships have gone down,.....when in fact they are going NORTH !

She asked me to put that request in an email.....I might just do that !
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Something that needs to be considered - not only are memberships numbers up, the price of a membership has increased, too.  Even if we didn't match last year's numbers, we would have been better off anyway.
You had me at meat tornado.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm Spirit wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote:
great news......official site now says 9499 members.....a gain of approximately 1030 since 22nd april.

can we make 10000....that would be awesome.

if we are to not only survive...but actually thrive in the future, we need more and more members.

it is a strong membership base that can make a club like Storm more sustainable.....particularly in the post apocolyptic days of News ownership

surely it would also make the Storm more attractive for potential private buyers
Membership gets better everyday and yet again, Greg Prichard from the SMH shows his below average intelligence regarding the game when he suggests that Storm's membership number is down.

The membership for Storm has ticked over to 9506.....YES WE'VE CRACKEDTHE 9500 MARK .....WOOOOHOOOOOOOO.

Kylie from the Storm membership section just told me that as far as the club is concerned, membership numbers have gone up !

I asked if the club was going to release a statement refuting the SMH claims...after all it may hurt the game in Melbourne if the average punter reads that memberships have gone down,.....when in fact they are going NORTH !

She asked me to put that request in an email.....I might just do that !
Greg Pritchard's article is based on the NRL state of the game (after round 10) report. According to the report the membership figures are down from last year, but the membership figures were as at 19 April 2010. You would think when the report is released a month after the 19 April that they could have more up to date membership figures.