Average NRL Crowds at the end of Round 7, 2010

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
VIC
Squall
Squall

Broncos 35,779
Storm 21,192
Souths 21,073
Dragons 20,195
Wests 19,746
Bulldogs 18,050
Titans 17,263
Warriors 16,515
Eels 16,433
Knights 15,469
Roosters 15,103
Manly* 15,000
Canberra 14,782
Cowboys 14,277
Penrith 13,842
Sharks 11,803
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

So is it now safe to assume that all the Sydney media commentators who say we shouldn't have be in the comp because we don't get a crowd will be saying the same thing about 14 other teams?
Crippstor - Lord of The Realm
VIC
Squall
Squall

Absolutely mate! The Sydney media are a bunch of one-eyed morons!!

The reason why crowds previously were a lot lower was because 1) the venue was too small and 2) the facilities were 3rd world!!!!!

GO STORM YOU GOOD THING!!!! lima lima lima duck THE SYDNEYSIDERS!
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

Cann't site  "being top of the ladder" as reasons to have a bigger crowd. ;)
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

The crowds will stay large in my opinion, Olympic Park was a turn off for many families. You can tell moving to Etihad was something which has been welcomed by families, simply because it is a more comfortable stadium to be in.

AAMI Park is going to be the same, i can see a large crowd against the Broncos.
madstorm
Squall
Squall

I think we will have another problem on our hands with Ch 9.  They get to pick when we play to suit the broadcasting.  Will they try and stick the boot in further so they can get the AFL broadcasting rights and make all our matches on a Monday night????  If they do there will be NO storm on TV even at midnight and crowd numbers will be down as a lot of families can not attend Mondays with kiddies needing to get up for school the next day. They will spin it that we are losing our fan base.  NRL need to step up here and do something to give us a fighting chance.  I know they wont but they need to.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Aside from the games already scheduled, we'll probably be assigned the Fox Sports games every round - so that would make it Saturday night, Sunday afternoon or Monday night.
You had me at meat tornado.
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Monday night is a big ratings night, as is Saturday night. I'd be very surprised if all of our games were not at 5:30pm Saturday as soon as they can schedule them.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The  home games will be 5.30 Saturday night as this is the time slot no one requests we will be given these eveyweek.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

That's good - I like Sat games.  I was thinking that I was glad we would be "missing out" on Friday night games now - too hard to get to after work - organise the kids etc.  I hadn't thought about Monday - do Channel 9 actually broadcast it- I hadn't realised.

No Channel 9 coverage isn't going to affect Melbourne at all.

I did like the way I saw several peole last night obviously going out after the game.  There was a lady in a full length gown and a man in a suit.  I thought 'good on them' for fitting in the game before a big night out.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Sandi_Murray
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Have to say it was good to see the Panthers get a big crowd this week 19000 + i last heard, bloody awesome, not quite as awesome as Storm got in the gates.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Excellent crowd for the Panthers Sandi and i for one think it's great they're doing so well so far this season. Them and the Rabbits are probably 2 of the only Sydney clubs i have no issues with and actually don't mind so seeing that we can't win it this year i hope that both sides can keep up their good form and are aroind comke finals time.