phil gould v david gallop

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Just watched the sunday footy show and i loved watching gould go for the jugular of gallop. he had no respnse to the questions phil was asking and jusk kept repeating himself........  i usually dont like hearing what gould has to say but today he asked all the questions us storm fans wanted to ask and gallop had no respnse.,....

did anyone else see it?
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

Yes, I thought it was good.  Gould was on the side of a players.  Gallop firmly believes he has done the right thing in all the plenties and he will not be changing his mind on anything.

I know he just say the NRL supports a team in Melbourne, but I am finding it very hard to believe.  As Andrew Voss said with the way all money is going to dry up (ie sposnors leaving, small crowds because of matches for no points) it is death by a 1000 cuts.  Gallop does not seem to care.  His reply was they need someone with very deep pockets and the have it in Newslimited. 
estormboy
Squall
Squall

I sure did ....... I loved every minute that Gallop was under the pump.  Even my wife who hates RL was glued to the tv watching Gould hammer blow after blow!

My favorite though was when gallop was responding to a Gould question, you could hear Gus mouth "Crap" in the background  ;D

Gallop's continual point that the NRL were responding to what the other clubs want re: the non accumulation of points this year is a far cry from what the CEO's & Coaches reps were saying.

Gallop is such a stubborn mule ... I won't be holding my breath waiting for a decision reversal :icon_frown:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

estormboy wrote: I sure did ....... I loved every minute that Gallop was under the pump.  Even my wife who hates RL was glued to the tv watching Gould hammer blow after blow!

My favorite though was when gallop was responding to a Gould question, you could hear Gus mouth "Crap" in the background  ;D

Gallop's continual point that the NRL were responding to what the other clubs want re: the non accumulation of points this year is a far cry from what the CEO's & Coaches reps were saying.

Gallop is such a stubborn mule ... I won't be holding my breath waiting for a decision reversal :icon_frown:

YEA I HEARD THAT TOO...  IT WAS FUNNY HOW GALLOP HAD TO KEEP CLEARING HIS THROAT AND HE LOOKED LIKE A DEER IN THE HEADLIGHTS....      THANKS GOULD YOU MADE MY DAY.  NOW WE CRUSH THE WARRIORS TO TOP IT OFF.. 

:lol: :lol:
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Gould is a smart man and a master interviewer. When he speaks, I listen. I don't dislike him like many do on here.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

storma01 wrote: Just watched the sunday footy show and i loved watching gould go for the jugular of gallop. he had no respnse to the questions phil was asking and jusk kept repeating himself........  i usually dont like hearing what gould has to say but today he asked all the questions us storm fans wanted to ask and gallop had no respnse.,....

did anyone else see it?
Only the bits shown on FOX.

Makes most of the other media sheep look like .....sheep.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah Gus hammered him. Attacked the Nrl and I can't remember what he called them, incompetant I think. Straight to his face.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
estormboy
Squall
Squall

bula wrote: Yeah Gus hammered him. Attacked the Nrl and I can't remember what he called them, incompetant I think. Straight to his face.
Nah .... Gould called the NRL 'Negligent' not once but twice  :o

Gallop interrupted straight away as that must've shitted him no end  ;D
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
VIC
Squall
Squall

Phil Gould was absolutely brilliant - a real legend!

My favourite part was how he branded Gallop and the NRL administration's handling of the Storm's salary cap breach as DISGRACEFUL on three occasions! Gallop looked like an absolute dope!

I really enjoyed listening to Phil.......he's a man that genuinely has the best interests of the game at heart.....
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I just watched the video on the WWOS site.  Gallop was absolutely destroyed.

If other clubs aren't able to recruit and develop young players that's their fault.  A club shouldn't have to give away players they worked hard on developing into superstars.
You had me at meat tornado.
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Gallop's real good at ducking questions, isn't he?
KingHoweofIsrael
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Was gallop choking up a bit there? I think i saw his glasses fogging up!

Loved Goulds' list of players that have been stormers since debut.

To reiterate, it's lima lima lima duck (just wanted to see if i type that i get the Lima line :P) that the guys can't take pay cuts to stick together, i know there's a thread covering this, but that (along with playing this season for no points) are the worst penalties ever. ever.

KHoI
Storm 4 Life~
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Who'd a thunk Gus would turn out to be such a bloody great champion of Storm??

I now have totally changed my opinion and have the utmost respect for him and would like to say "Thanks Gus, Melbourne appreciates your support"
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Diehard_Storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Has anyone got a link for this?  Really want to see Gould go for the jugular.
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Unfortunately I can't give you a direct link, but here is a link to the league videos on WWOS:

http://wwos.ninemsn.com.au/video.aspx?tab=4

The caption of the video is "Salary cap works: Gallop". Scroll down a bit and look on the right hand side, there will be a link.

Great video. Gould is basically summing up everything the Storm fans are feeling right now.

Gallop is an absolute turd!