Cronk, Inglis, Smith, Slater - which one can we afford to lose?

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

It's becoming increasingly obvious that one of the big four will need to go in order to free up our Salary Cap.

So which one of Cronk, Inglis, Smith or Slater do you think will have the least impact if he is lost to another club/code?

I would say Smith or Cronk because on their day Inglis or Slater can win a game on their own as they have shown in Prelim/Grand Finals. They have the brilliance which a team needs.

Which one would you chose to go?
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Inglis.

Much easier to fill the centre postion then it is for halfback and hooker. Slater is also an amazing player. In an ideal world ild keep em all...
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Forgive me for my ignorance but why is it becoming increasingly obvious that we haveto lose one of these players? It might turn out we do lose one of them but we've been given no indication at all as yet if we definitely have to.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Exactly.  If the Storm chose to, couldn't they keep all four and give up two or three other players to make up the same amount?

But, to answer your question: Inglis without a doubt.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Inglis. As much as I hate to say it.
Smith is the leader and widely regarded as the best hooker in the game.
Slater is one of the few players actually recognised by non-league fans.
Cronk is a leader too. Good looking guy and very marketable.
GI is great and I love hoim to bits, but I would choose the other three ahead of him, as horrible as that sounds.
2012 premiers. Legit.
jjai
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

tugga wrote: Inglis. As much as I hate to say it.
GI is great and I love hoim to bits, but I would choose the other three ahead of him, as horrible as that sounds.

inglis would go nice at manly  cover fullback wing centre & 5/8  plus he adds another dimension in attck he can kick also lol .. just on the quiet if i was you mate it would be cronk or slater .. atleast cam goes for the whole 80 minutes & cleans the ruck for yous plus whos going to teach the  new & young guys how to grapple tackle & all the other techniques he knows  lol.. sorry  had to throw that in
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

jjai wrote:

inglis would go nice at manly  cover fullback wing centre & 5/8   plus he adds another dimension in attck he can kick also lol .. just on the quiet if i was you mate it would be cronk or slater .. atleast cam goes for the whole 80 minutes & cleans the ruck for yous plus whos going to teach the  new & young guys how to grapple tackle & all the other techniques he knows  lol.. sorry  had to throw that in
Coops seemd to be travelling pretty well int eh last 10 minutes on Monday?
2012 premiers. Legit.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

@ jjai: How about you find your own talent and develop your own players instead of trying to buy your premierships?  It'd be interesting to see the Manly books over the years... I'm sure there's been no dodgy dealings done with that Delmege guy... :roll:
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Slater, becuase we have a class replacement in Widdop.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

I woul like all of them to say, but I think Cronk and Inglis will stay.  Smith will want to go.  I do not know about Slater
Jacko
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

jjai wrote:

inglis would go nice at manly  cover fullback wing centre & 5/8   plus he adds another dimension in attck he can kick also lol .. just on the quiet if i was you mate it would be cronk or slater .. atleast cam goes for the whole 80 minutes & cleans the ruck for yous plus whos going to teach the  new & young guys how to grapple tackle & all the other techniques he knows  lol.. sorry  had to throw that in
Speak for yourself, I don't want any of them.
jjai
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Insomniac wrote: @ jjai: How about you find your own talent and develop your own players instead of trying to buy your premierships?  It'd be interesting to see the Manly books over the years... I'm sure there's been no dodgy dealings done with that Delmege guy... :roll:
  aww mate they would have nailed us years ago if that was the case remember every 1 hates us & we dont care..  if we were rorting they would have glady nailed us before you mate.. think about it ..  its been said about us for years so  dnt you think schubert would have nailed us by now .. or could it be because schubert played for us ..lol..
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

jjai wrote:
Insomniac wrote: @ jjai: How about you find your own talent and develop your own players instead of trying to buy your premierships?  It'd be interesting to see the Manly books over the years... I'm sure there's been no dodgy dealings done with that Delmege guy... :roll:
  aww mate they would have nailed us years ago if that was the case remember every 1 hates us & we dont care..  if we were rorting they would have glady nailed us before you mate.. think about it ..  its been said about us for years so  dnt you think schubert would have nailed us by now .. or could it be because schubert played for us ..lol..
:lol: Quite possible... more likely that you guys are simply better at cheating... ;)
jjai
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Insomniac wrote:
jjai wrote:
Insomniac wrote: @ jjai: How about you find your own talent and develop your own players instead of trying to buy your premierships?  It'd be interesting to see the Manly books over the years... I'm sure there's been no dodgy dealings done with that Delmege guy... :roll:
:lol: Quite possible... more likely that you guys are simply better at cheating... ;)
lmao.....
Gezz
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Noa Nandruku wrote: Slater, becuase we have a class replacement in Widdop.

Agree with this