Jayco and Suzuki stick with storm

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Storm board member Gerry Ryan, whose company Jayco yesterday increased its level of sponsorship to help offset the loss of ME Bank and superannuation fund HOSTPLUS, has been mooted as a potential buyer.

While major sponsors ME Bank, HOSTPLUS and fourth-tier backer Skins yesterday withdrew their support, Jayco and Suzuki have taken up the slack and their names will appear on the Storm's jersey tomorrow night.

Jayco said they would stand by them and Suzuki also intend to continue supporting the club. "It's been a solid partnership over the last 12 years, and we plan to stand by the team while it rebuilds after this difficult period," Jayco marketing director, Andrew Ryan, said.
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... -tjj4.html
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I guess if you look on the bright side, no snot green thing.....
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I love Cooper wrote: I guess if you look on the bright side, no snot green thing.....
That's what I said as soon as ME Bank left.  Jayco should look heaps better.

I did notice that during the united departure from this afternoon's statement that all you could see on the back of the players was HostPlus logos... how long (and how much is it going to cost) before we outfit the team with new training and playing gear?  Has KooGa made their decision as yet?
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Glad Suzuki are sticking with us. Otherwise I would have to sell me motorbike and buy another make.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If I didnt have a mortgage i would be happy to buy a Jayco caravan  :)
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can't afford a mortgage... maybe I should just live in a Jayco!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

hahaha its ok, I walked around with black tape covering all the hostplus and me bank logos on my storm top haha.

I spoke to John Ribot today :) was interesting.
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

in a good way?
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

storm_rhinos wrote: in a good way?
yes indeed :) He told us to hang in there and that everything was going to be ok and that we wouldnt fold.

On another note, when Robbie Kearns spoke of the NRL reconsidering their decision to play for no points this year, did anyone else get the impression he knew something?
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Foxsports said a phone link was held and the NRL board didnt reverse the decision and supported it
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Skins you pieces of shit!!!!

http://www.skins.net/en-AU/index.aspx
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Our gear will probably look pretty scrappy for the rest of the year.  I imagine they'll run out with Jayco and Suzuki stickers or patches to cover the ME Bank and Host Plus logos on the jersey.  Off-field gear will probably only be patched up for media appearances.  Even if KooGa drop their sponsorship I'm guessing they'll continue providing gear for the rest of the season anyway.

Perhaps our heritage jersey will be without ME Bank and Host Plus logos.
You had me at meat tornado.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I love Cooper wrote: Skins you pieces of shit!!!!

Skins - Piff
There moto is "Cheat legally"
What the hell does that mean!
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I love Cooper wrote: Skins you pieces of shit!!!!

OMG!!! That is so unprofessional!!! I cannot believe that any self-respecting company would engage in that kind of conduct!
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

On another side note, don't you just love how all of the news items covering the Storm drama are taking great pride in doom and gloom headlines and speculation (the club folding, we got what we deserved, sponsors leaving, other teams and codes circling our players etc.), but there are no headlines stating that Jayco and Suzuki are sticking by us.  They bury that news under the headline "Financial pain continues as shocked Storm sponsors make hasty exits".  :roll: