OUR STADIUM

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Silkin
Squall
Squall

SItting here in my seat at Our Thunder Dome ( I cant call it AAMI Park )

LOve my seat the atmosphere from those who have made it is fantastic & optimistic that we can fight to save our club.

Plenty of crowd sound for atmosphere form even the few thousand who are here....

The Boys & Belly ache also appreciate the turnout there are even smiles  amongst the boys T
They are currently having a play Kick off between cam coops & Hoffy  with all the crowd getting into it.....
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Aw that sounds awesome! I can't wait to come to Melbourne to see it! Is the whole team there or just the few you named?
PurpleBlooded
Squall
Squall

I will be putting it to good use, for both Victory & Storm :)
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

Nice Stadium. Bit Windy however especially on the sides.

Telling moment for me was after training finished Bellamy was having a quiet word with Jeff Lima and they hugged and said a few words. I think Lima will be gone within 2 weeks. He's been really good for us over the past 4 years!
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I liked Hoffy's impersonation of Jamie Coward (sorry I mean Soward, I always get that wrong!)

I feel so much better now after going there today. I guess just being with other supporters and catching up with Storm friends.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Thanks for the reports guys.
How many were there?
What was the mood  like?
2012 premiers. Legit.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

Looked like there were quite a few people there when I saw the highlights on Sky News.

Wish I could have been there.
You had me at meat tornado.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

tugga wrote: Thanks for the reports guys.
How many were there?
What was the mood  like?
An MOPT staffer claimed we got 5,000 which considering we only have 8,500 members is a damn good turn out!

The mood? We were loud, we were proud, more than one tear was shed with the emotional of it all.

The stadium looks awesome, and the players seemed stunned at the turnout and show of support. Good to see tons didn't tear up their membership. I saw quite a few people doing like me and wearing the older jerseys.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I couldn't go because i was working  :x but i just saw the turn out on the news and it was brilliant so well done guys. I also thought Bellayache and the players showed plenty of class if that's the right word to wear their old training gear with our ex sponsors on it. They had no obligation to and could've quite easily covered it up but they never. I however do not possess the same class as our team and i've already covered up our ex sponsors on my polo in readiness for tomorrow  :lol:

I saw on the news that a few people had them covered today, good stuff. If they don't want us then we don't want them.
Tempest
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Was it just me or did the Channel 9 reporters seem disappointed that there was so much support? It seemed they wanted to report on gruesome doom for the club and couldn't.
billythekidslater
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote:
How many were there?
What was the mood  like?
An MOPT staffer claimed we got 5,000
That's way exaggerated. I'd say there were 750-1000 there at best.
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bellamy was great, he greeted many people around the ground.
I dont know the guy but he does show true class.

The big screens at the ground are great too. Not like Crapihad were you cant see any detail.

I covered over the departing sponsers last night. I wear my Storm merchandise regularly and with pride. Those sponsors that are leaving wont get anymore free exposure off of my back.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I certainly noticed when he said something like "The players have vowed to not to walk away from the fans" but then added "at least for now"

Channel 9 scum.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

billythekidslater wrote:
Surandy wrote:
How many were there?
What was the mood  like?
An MOPT staffer claimed we got 5,000
That's way exaggerated. I'd say there were 750-1000 there at best.
I presume you failed maths at school.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

OK
For those that couldn't make it & for those interstate/overseas
Take a walk with me to the highest seat in the Southern stand & look over our new home.
Sorry about the quality on Youtube .It looks clear n sharp on the laptop
And that's my mate Damian you can hear with an attack of the giggles.
ENJOY
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields