Storm Team want to stay together

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Jacko
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

David Gallup has said very clearly that pay cuts aren't acceptable. The Canterbury episode in 2002 will ensure that. The NRL have said that players will have to leave to get under the cap.
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

If a player is willing to be paid less, what business is it of the NRL?
You had me at meat tornado.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

And if Lima (who was probably already leaving) goes, is that enough?  How many players MUST leave?  Finch is leaving... that's two.  Now if everyone else takes a pay cut, does that suffice?  Good luck policing that one Gallop you tool!  You might have to make up yet another rule to destroy us.
the butcher
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I may be wrong but I thought they meant players taking pay cuts wouldnt get them back into this years comp, as far as next year goes it would be ok
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

the butcher wrote: I may be wrong but I thought they meant players taking pay cuts wouldnt get them back into this years comp, as far as next year goes it would be ok
I hope you're right!
jjai
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

??? are they willing to take a pay cut seriously ??  the top players have expensive tastes..

just another point on the saga thats just unfolded... did any of yous wonder what the hell did broncos offer folau  to top your clubs dirty dealings ??
not being a samt azz just asking have yous thought about that & dont tell me it was to be close to family for christ sake he playing in australia not uk..
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Surely, legally the Nrl can't do much if they want to take paycuts or players being fired and re-hired.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
jjai
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

bula wrote: Surely, legally the Nrl can't do much if they want to take paycuts or players being fired and re-hired.
not really mate .. they are a commodity & to under value them is a kind of cheating way also..
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Crap - players take less money to stay with a club through loyalty all the time

how do you value a players worth  - for example a front rower will do the hardest work, take the most pain and put the most work in  but will never, ever be paid the same as Billy, Cam or Gi - so please dont gimme that crap

jjai wrote:
bula wrote: Surely, legally the Nrl can't do much if they want to take paycuts or players being fired and re-hired.
not really mate .. they are a commodity & to under value them is a kind of cheating way also..
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
Jacko
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

absentee wrote: If a player is willing to be paid less, what business is it of the NRL?
The NRL have said they will not allow pay cuts which will allow a team assembled & retained illegally to stay together. Gallup said very very clearly that the only way is for players to leave. He was not referring to this year because it doesn't matter what you cut this year there will be zero competition points.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

storm_rhinos wrote: how do you value a players worth  - for example a front rower will do the hardest work, take the most pain and put the most work in  but will never, ever be paid the same as Billy, Cam or Gi - so please dont gimme that crap
Just use the sophisticated SuperCoach fantasy rankings and valuations...  :D
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Insomniac wrote:
storm_rhinos wrote: how do you value a players worth  - for example a front rower will do the hardest work, take the most pain and put the most work in  but will never, ever be paid the same as Billy, Cam or Gi - so please dont gimme that crap
Just use the sophisticated SuperCoach fantasy rankings and valuations...  :D
That's how they should organise the whole salary cap!  Then we will have transparency.

Gallup said we have to disassemble the squad - but exactly what that means we haven't been told.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Gallup may have to ask the board before he starts putting to many restrictions on what we can or can not do. It may have been a good idea to sit with the board of the NRL before he came up with our punishment.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

The borad sat today and agreed with everything Gallop did
bushman
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

According to the paper they was not happy! Because they were consulted?
Last edited by bushman on Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.