So whose staying...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
StormBec
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Both songs are bloody fantastic! Sing em both I say its an 80 minute game!

As "I Won't Back Down" isn't associated with any other club to my knowledge we should run with it and make it our own, especially seeing we have used it in the past too.

AND GOOD NEWS! Heaven and Earth did move for us and we will be joining you all this Sunday at the game. There is no where on earth I would rather be.

See you all at the game :)
[img]http://i120.photobucket.com/albums/o198/stormbec/banner-new.jpg[/img]
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I agree - use both songs - we need to give the crowd somthing to rally behind.  I think it is a game for banners to show our support to the players, the sponsors and the NRL.

We should rally together to provide a starting point and a visual focus of banners etc.  Is there a best place to be located?
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Sandi_Murray
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I personally can't wait for the game on Sunday now, i am from NZ but am far from being a Warriors fan, i love Penrith. But i hope to turn my tv on Sunday to see a booming crowd of Purple :D I will be cheering the Storm from my comfy Couch on Sunday that's for sure.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nandruku wrote: We need to belt this out on Sunday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7xvegPH_Lw
Ive got 30 boys ready to sing, some of them are Liverpool fans too lol.
petawilk
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

hi guys, never been on this forum before, but NEED to be "feeling the love" and or "sharing the pain" with those who understand!

My family and I have been Storm members for 4 years, supporters for 12.  We feel like we are grieving too. We have no intention of deserting our beloved Storm boys, and are looking forward to the Member Open Day tomorrow, and the game on Sunday.

Another song suggestion, what about (perhaps without the drinking bits - lets not start a habit  ;-)):

Tubthumpin - Chumbawamba

I'll be singing, While we're winning
I'll be singing

I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down

Pissing the night away
Pissing the night away

He drinks a whisky drink
He drinks a vodka drink
He drinks a lager drink
He drinks a Cider drink

He sings the songs that remind him of the good times,
He sings the songs that remind him of the better times,

Oh Danny boy, Danny boy, Danny boy

Pissing the night away
Pissing the night away

He drinks a whisky drink
He drinks a vodka drink
He drinks a lager drink
He drinks a Cider drink

He sings the songs that remind him of the good times,
He sings the songs that remind him of the better times,

Don't cry for me next door neighbour

(music)

(x 13)

We reckon it's a beauty!
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

i was thinking of tubthumpin also.  I remember back in the day, storm used that song for a couple of promos.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

Stand by me....
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've never made or taken a banner to a game, but this week could be the first... and I'm liking the Never Walk Alone theme... to be held as the boys run out of the race!!!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

steaming stormer wrote: I've never made or taken a banner to a game, but this week could be the first... and I'm liking the Never Walk Alone theme... to be held as the boys run out of the race!!!
It certainly helps to knoiw that others are feeling the same as me. I am strugglign with this as many are. I am heartened by the show of support by my Storm brothers and sisters. We are a family.
2012 premiers. Legit.
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

What about never walk alone as the players are warming up - that will get us all startd and will give the players a boost before starting the game.

I like the 'Hey True Blue' suggested in the other post as well.
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
Thor19
Squall
Squall

Guys

I'm also absolutely gutted by what happened. Like one of the previous posts - the back end of 2009 was not good for us. But winning the premiership and standing with my wife with what we had been going through was pretty special. No one can take that away from us - they can take the 207 and 2009 premierships but they can't take away the great moments they were!!!!!!

Having our great team doesn't guarantee premierships - look at St George a couple of years ago. But we did it and that still remains!

Sing out the song to the players they really need to know that we are still supporting them no matter what. We'll look back on this in 5 years and know that this was the real making of our club. There will be supporters going but not me - I'm sticking with the Storm for the long haul!

The platers need to score their own competition points - stuff the NRL decision in this area - stupid and harsh. Just bar us from the semi finals or do a recount at the end of the year where we are two points less than no 15!
There is only one Melbourne Storm
And in Melbourne they will stay
.....forever.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep and heres my points/competition board they should copy

1. A race between Billy and Greg to see who can score the most hat-tricks the rest of the year.
2. A case of Premium Belgian beer to whoever puts on the biggest shot each match
3. For every team we beat by 50 the boys get the chance to make it rain at the local crazy-horse
4. Endevour to score at least 2 70m tries each match
5. Whoever is the fav for the title when we meet them if we win by 20+ they get a day off.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I'm worried about Whitey. He'll kill someone. What's a 20 week suspension when you've got nothing to play for?
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Hmmm dont be suprised if the Vic Govt does some negotiating behind the scenes. They cant have poor crowds turing up to a new stadium theyve just built for us, amongst others.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

KimmorleyKiller wrote: I'm worried about Whitey. He'll kill someone. What's a 20 week suspension when you've got nothing to play for?

:lol: :lol: :lol: