So whose staying...

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Insomniac wrote: So far, ME Bank and Skins are NOT staying... HostPlus announcement coming soon...
Funnily enough I had been in contact with their Highpoint branch Friday week ago looking to borrow money for a house & land package. I only knew about them as lenders because of their sponsorship of the Storm. I was due to head to the branch today (Saturday) with my documents to get a pre-approval.

I heard the news early this afternoon about their deserting us and rang them the first chance I could to inform them that as they have dumped their support of the Storm, so I have dumped them. I quoted names of people I had spoken to in order to assure them that I was genuine, I also emailed the consultant I had been in touch with at the branch itself to advise them of why they have lost me as a potential customer.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Well done Surandy. 
Storm cat
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Like You Surandy I am being swayed by the sponsors reaction.

I have decided that my next computer (very soon) will be bought from Harvey Norman (despite their expensive prices) all due to them sticking with the club while the others are claiming a moral high ground while they escape.
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

KimmorleyKiller wrote: I'm worried about Whitey. He'll kill someone. What's a 20 week suspension when you've got nothing to play for?
Also  you may as well keep playing suspended players.

Wat ya gonna lose .... points????????????
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
waveydavey
Squall
Squall

As long as the players and coach had no knowledge of the rorting, and we've no reason to believe they had (as Kearnsy said - a player is happy to get what they believe is their fair shair of the pie, they don't add up all the other slices of pie only to discover there is more than one pie), I will be there for them and the club. 

What we need to do now is win as many games as possible this year, and then win the f**king comp next year just to shove it up the bast**ds. 

I've had time to think about this a bit more, and all I can see is that Waldron and his buddies need to be hung, drawn and quartered, he's gone, they've gone or are going, so everything I love about the club remains.

What Gallop is saying about dismantling the roster is total bulls**t, if the players take pay cuts why shouldn't we be allowed to keep the roster, we would be within the rules wouldn't we?  The die has been cast now, anyone else caught cheating must be dealt with the same way - just like they do at the judiciary!!!!!!!!!
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Whats the deal with the song tomorrow? You'll never walk alone?  :D I personally believe it should be a supporter initiative and not something the club does, that way it will be a nice surprise for both the club and the players and it could do a world of wonders.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Freshy wrote: Whats the deal with the song tomorrow? You'll never walk alone?  :D I personally believe it should be a supporter initiative and not something the club does, that way it will be a nice surprise for both the club and the players and it could do a world of wonders.
Wrong code, wrong song. Should be I Won't Back Down as Tigger has pointed out.
Freshy
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Surandy wrote:
Freshy wrote: Whats the deal with the song tomorrow? You'll never walk alone?  :D I personally believe it should be a supporter initiative and not something the club does, that way it will be a nice surprise for both the club and the players and it could do a world of wonders.
Wrong code, wrong song. Should be I Won't Back Down as Tigger has pointed out.
But when Ive had a few to drink, I sound better singing You'll Never Walk Alone  :lol:
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

haha - plus, the lyrics refer to walking through a Storm... it kind of ties in.  I know it has no history with the club, but as a one off, i like the concept.
I do think the club should go back to I Won't Back Down as the players run on song.  I never understood why they changed that!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Insomniac wrote: So far, ME Bank and Skins are NOT staying... HostPlus announcement coming soon...
And just on Skins, what hypocrits, their own advertising campaign actually states "keep on cheating" and yet they do this when a team they are affiliated with actually does!  ???
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

It changed when rebo left.
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

On 2Gb ..the worm Hadley said he heard from "a reliable source" that Todd Lowrie wont be at the club for much longer.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
storma01
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

just heard some news about possible player movements with the storm.........

tolman linked to the bulldogs
lima linked to the raiders

any one else heard anything on them or others?
WE ARE THE STORM FROM MELBOURNE TOWN! WE'LL BLOW THE OTHERS OFF THE GROUND, WE ARE THE STORM AND WERE NUMBER "1"
"99" "07" "09" :-)
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

Super Cronk wrote: On 2Gb ..the worm Hadley said he heard from "a reliable source" that Todd Lowrie wont be at the club for much longer.
Good fug off then.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]