what now??

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
stormfan
Squall
Squall

Do we play on this season? Do we boycott??? What about the players??
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I am not even sure there is a 'we' anymore for myself.
I have to sit down and hear the club's point of view and what's to happen.
I won't make any rash decisions just yet. But I am angry, gutted, shattered and numb.
The fallout hasn't even started yet.
'We' will lose the majority of the players.
Personally I am not going to the Warriors game now. I just can't. I can't even see how it will take place.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Crooner
Squall
Squall

This is the end of Rugby League in Victoria.
Lets make League viable in Melbourne.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

CheatingScum wrote: In my opinion your scumpool of a club which has been a blight on our great game since your inception should fold. Bringing the Bears back into the competition in 2011 at the central coast.

You are not helping anything with this mate. Piss off and let us deal with it ourselves.
We, the fans, didn't cheat anything. We are just as disgusted as you are.
2012 premiers. Legit.
storm77
Squall
Squall

Dallas
Izzy
Chambers
Newton
Turner
Hill

For an organization that has been cheating the league so badly it is amazing the quality of players that we have lost on a yearly basis.

The reality is that we are not the only team in history to have a significant amount of big name players on it's roster. Think Bronco's for example.

Seriously look at Parramatta right now.. In fact  just about any legit contender or champion team is rarely going to be filled with a bunch of no names.

Sure we have about nine or ten players right now who would be on a very good wage but after them it is either young guys or guys we have signed on the cheap.

My point being I don't believe we are any different to anybody else other then we were dumb enough to get caught.

The fact is the salary cap is a joke and everyone knows it. It is time for everyone to accept that fact and move on.

We my have broken the rules but it is not us who are at fault, it is the league for continuing to pretend that the system works.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

no it's not Storm077.  Rules are rules... the club ballsed up royally.
The cap might have issues, but the clubs sign up to it
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

Crooner wrote: This is the end of Rugby League in Victoria.

I agree.

And just as we were getting close to having Victorian born and breed players in the team.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
stormfan
Squall
Squall

I just read the NRL press release which said that once the Storm Board knew what was going on this week, they were fully cooperative.

My gutted-ness is very quickly turning to anger. Anger at Brian Waldron and co who knew exactly what they were doing and then have left us - the fans, players and innocent staff - to pick up the pieces.

The NRL's decision today only hurts the innocent parties.

It's not fair and we must find out who was the mastermind behind this and make them pay (literally)
aims11
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

i will never stop supporting the boys but as a member i just feel like i have been fooled in supporting and giving money to the "family club"
minichick
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I just don't know what to do or think right now. I love my club but this has just devastated me. Systematic rorting of the system is just so wrong, I'm furious and sad all at once. Two sets of books? Unbelievable....
And considering how many players we've lost over the last few years as well, I just don't know what to say....
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

tugga wrote: I am not even sure there is a 'we' anymore for myself.
I have to sit down and hear the club's point of view and what's to happen.
I won't make any rash decisions just yet. But I am angry, gutted, shattered and numb.
The fallout hasn't even started yet.
'We' will lose the majority of the players.
Personally I am not going to the Warriors game now. I just can't. I can't even see how it will take place.
I still will because I want to be with other supporters who are feeling the same way as me right now.  :'( :oops: :ih8u: :accident:

This morning I looked at the Storm premiership scarf in my room with pride & a bit of a smile. Now it disgusts me. I don't even want to look at it any more. It makes me sad.

Am fighting off tears typing this. When you are starting to wonder whether it is worth pulling the pin on the club & starting again, you realise how hard this all is. What sponsors are going to want to be associated with this? The stigma will linger forever.

I fear rugby league in Victoria may NEVER recover from this.

JF
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
Growler
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Monsoon
Monsoon

WHAT NOW!!? ill fu*kin tell you what now, us fans are the lifes blood of this club, we give up and they die! Were hurt, but this is still our team, irregardless of admin, money issues etc, those 17 men bleed purple when they hit the field, always have, and ill stand by them thick or thin, coz at the end of the day i dont care about the politics, i care about footy and if our boys are playing ill be there with them.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I just cant see how the NRL can proceed with the no points to win for remainder of season.Will they still be on TV if so its not going to bring much of a audience in is it.Its just not proactive.
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We will not survive this.

Come tomorrow i highly doubt Melbourne Storm will exist.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]