Brian Waldron

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

He probably was one of the ones that made a bet we would finish bottom of the ladder.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I just saw that News stood down 2 senior management of the Storm and Frank Stanton has (again) taken over as acting CEO. Hanson is one of them so obviously he was in it up to his eyeballs so i'm glad he's gone too. If it proves to be that there can be criminal charges laid as there has been talk of then i hope they trow the book at all of them involved.
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

He didn't just cheat the NRL. He has cheated US.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Ice wrote: I just saw that News stood down 2 senior management of the Storm and Frank Stanton has (again) taken over as acting CEO. Hanson is one of them so obviously he was in it up to his eyeballs so i'm glad he's gone too. If it proves to be that there can be criminal charges laid as there has been talk of then i hope they trow the book at all of them involved.
The club did research and found that it was ok to breach the salary cap.
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote:
Ice wrote: I just saw that News stood down 2 senior management of the Storm and Frank Stanton has (again) taken over as acting CEO. Hanson is one of them so obviously he was in it up to his eyeballs so i'm glad he's gone too. If it proves to be that there can be criminal charges laid as there has been talk of then i hope they trow the book at all of them involved.
The club did research and found that it was ok to breach the salary cap.
And News Limited took until NOW to see what was happening, in the year before they just happen to be starting up a rugby union club.

JF
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

The NRL is pointing the finger at officials and not players for the systematic salary cap rorting which has resulted in Melbourne being stripped of two premierships and all their competition points in 2010.

NRL chief executive David Gallop said it would be "very difficult for individuals" to be aware of the breaches, with John Hartigan - the boss of News Limited which owns the Storm and also half of the NRL - labelling former Melbourne chief executive Brian Waldron the "architect" of the five-year breach totalling $1.7 million.

Waldron left the Storm earlier this year to take up a role as chief executive of new Super 15 rugby union franchise Melbourne Rebels, a position Hartigan believes should now be in question.

"He's the centre and while it's early days, he appears to be the architect of the whole shooting match," Hartigan said.

"In my view if we're to be honest as a company and as a sport we should look further than rugby league.

"We don't want people like that in sport in Australia."

Acting Storm chief executive Matt Hanson and another "senior Storm official" have both been stood down, but the witch hunt has only just begun.

Hartigan says he knows of more people within the Storm organisation who were aware of the illegal payments, with Gallop admitting the league had been given a helping hand by a whistleblower no longer with the club.

"There are other people that I believe are involved that are no longer with the club - our enquires so far have identified five people who knew about the efforts to conceal these payments," Hartigan said.

"We can only act on these that are directly in our employ now.

"We haven't formed a view about other people within the club so we'll await the results of that forensic enquiry to see if there are going to be further actions taken about anyone associated with the club."

But while it may seem difficult to conceive that the players were unaware of two sets of books being kept, Gallop however moved to distance squad members from the blame.

"The focus in the cap is on clubs, it's about the remuneration that the player's paid in total by clubs to players," Gallop said.

"It's not necessarily fair to single out players if they get caught up in something like this because they aren't aware of what is said in statutory declarations on behalf of the club to the NRL.

"At the extent of any sort of salary cap breach it's very difficult for individuals to get a handle on unless they are the people in control of the cap at the club and that's where our focus is."

http://www.nrl.com/news/news/newsarticl ... fault.aspx
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

There is no way Waldron could ever show his face around AAMI Park.  Ever.

He should probably avoid showing his face in public, too as I'm sure someone will try and kick it in.  He deserves it.
You had me at meat tornado.
glennb
Monsoon
Monsoon

He is not making any statement until tomorrow morning.  No body can fine him, everyone thinks it was him.  Every body in the media believes he will be out of a job by tomorrow. 
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Looks like Wally is gone from the Rebels too
SMH article
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

^ That news made me feel just a tiny bit better.
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

It makes me sick just thinking of the times I have shaken his hand, slapped him on the back and told him what an asset he was to the club

I wish now I'd had a knife to slap him on the back with .....

I got in on a red-eye from Kuala Lumpur this morning at 2am to be confronted with the news - I was feeling depressed and miserable so once I got to the city I walked to Olympic Park, stood in the middle of the paddock and screamed F*CK at the top of my lungs ....

Didn't make me feel any better.
coupy73
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

just a quote fron Brian Waldron when he left the club earlier

I leave Melbourne Storm in tremendous shape and we've achieved some amazing things here in my time," Waldron said

Yeh Thanks Brian
just my opinions......critique them, don't criticise me!!!
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Well justice has been served in some respects. The prick just got the sack from the Rebels.
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Waldron not appearing on SEN either this morning, WEAK!!!!

Come out and face the fans you f***** over you selfish bastard!
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sorry, i just heard he resigned and the Rebels happily accepted his decision.