Round 7 vs Warriors

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
absentee
Monsoon
Monsoon

I've worked the Premiers Club out as being about $35 per game in a $45 section.  It would be a little more per game for you coming in later but consider that a future fund for the club.
You had me at meat tornado.
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The crowd was a sea of purple tonight... far from the "rent a crowd" as GtS suggested...
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

billythekidslater wrote: I'm just saying that 2/3rds of the crowd got free tickets. It's a reality.
It's a TROLL post - Like everything you've posted for the last week  ;-)

Try being creative for a change.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

billythekidslater wrote: The crowd was good but we need to consider two important factors:

1) The club gave away thousands of free family passes (2 adults, 2 children) so this would be added a huge amount of spectators
2) A lot of "gawkers" turned up - you know the same ones that turn up to a car crash just to look at the damage

I think we probably got about 7500 supporters - the rest were made up of factors 1 & 2 above
The family passes were null and void. Are you a member or not, troll?
The lub sent out letters last week informing ALL MEMBERS that the family passes were null and void to this game and that it applied to the Panthers ganme instead.
You embarrass yourself not sometimes, but all of the time.
2012 premiers. Legit.
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

Surandy wrote: For those that couldn't make the game, what were the commentators like?

Were they bearable? Did they crap on like usual?
To be honest, Andy, they were bearable.

If we were losing however I have no doubts that they would of put the boot in and question the heart of the club.

Wankers that they are.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

tugga wrote: The family passes were null and void. Are you a member or not, troll?
The lub sent out letters last week informing ALL MEMBERS that the family passes were null and void to this game and that it applied to the Panthers ganme instead.
You embarrass yourself not sometimes, but all of the time.

Bahaha great point tugga. GTS owned once more.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

If two thirds of that crowd were non-Storm members/supporters then the merchandise people must have been making a fortune selling all that Storm merchandise over the preceding couple of days!
stormsally
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

All the supporters I saw where in Storm gear.  Apparently there were a lot of people on the train coming from the AFL game to the storm game - I think there would have been a few people there who follow Melbourne Storm - even though they don't go to the games - who wanted to show there support.

How bad was it that there wasn't more gates/ticket booths opened.  We got there about 4pm - only one gate opened - we walked from the back to get to gate 5 - and even then there was a queue for ticket sales.  That was 2 hours before the game started!  Even at half time there was still a queue to buy tickets.  Good riddance Dockland Stadium - I don't know if it is Edhiad's decision - or if it is an expense decision from the Storm?  I hope MRS is ready for the crowds  :)
We live to play, we play to win, We try and try, we won’t say die, we won’t give in
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

disappointed that only one gate was open and Level 3 was closed too.
As strormsally said, not sure if that was an Etihad decision or Storm management decision.
Oh well, we still got 24K-ish into the ground.

Can't wait to get back "home".  I've been away from Melbourne over the past two years, so I'm looking forward to going back to our spiritual home (plus the grub at Swan Street, Richmond is much better than Docklands  :occasion5: )

Also good to see a lot of Storm fans rocking "throwback" jerseys yesterday  :)
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I thought our style of play last night really brought the best out of Adam Blair. That little short side play where Isa scored was a beaut.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, and thats why the criticism of Inglis and Blair has been shortsighted and some-what ignorant. As wide players theyre dependant on the quality of ball they get, which for Greg has been woeful or non-existant or in Adams case the instructions by the coach on what he can do.

And Imo it was criminal that Adam didnt have a green-light to use his skills.

BTW even last night Hoffman had the chance to give his center some good ball to give him the chance to do some-thing but went to ground with it. Ryans problem seems to ONLY looks to pass once he's through the line. Compare that to Blairy who gave his outside men great service with balls before the line.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Does anyone else think that maybe Bellamy had the shackles on the side priming or pacing them for later in the season (ala 2009), but after all they went through leading up to the Warriors game he just said "give 'em hell boys!"?
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Insomniac wrote: Does anyone else think that maybe Bellamy had the shackles on the side priming or pacing them for later in the season (ala 2009), but after all they went through leading up to the Warriors game he just said "give 'em hell boys!"?
I think there is an element of truth in that.
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

absentee wrote: The atmosphere there tonight was unlike anything I've ever experienced.
I came to the game today to show my support for my club in its hour of need. Everyone felt the same as me.

Was absolutely brilliant. Loudest I have ever hear Etihad for rugby league. Twice as loud as 40000+ at the AFL. Having level 3 blocked off & everyone in Level 1 & 2 really kept in the atmosphere.

When me & Cowbell_Mark started some of the chants in 48, thousands of people joined in around the ground.I still have goosebumps now thinking about it. And then bloody Storm Man decided to go for a ride with my flag!  :lol:

JF
PS:- Duffie & Isa showed where our future lies. And despite everything it will be bright. Even Blair held onto the ball tonight.  ;-)
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Did anyone hear the "Gallop's a Wanker" chant coming from the section I sat in ;D