NYC 2010

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I love Cooper wrote: Nooo what happened to Robbie Rochow??
Rochow is playing in the NSW Cup team.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

who is going today :D i cant wait after having no footy for so long 2 days of footy is bliss
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Chip
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

:o anybody see the game (missed it altogether).  Big wake up call for the boys.  What was the problem - anyone standout despite the result?
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

From the stats it looks like either the bolts went to sleep in the 2nd or the lizards came out breathing fire.
Surrendering a slender 1st half lead by so much is NOT good  :?
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

Sorry my fault.

Turned up just as half time started to see 7 tries to 1.

They just had no defence. At all.
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I just hope they had an off-day and can turn it around next week.
Joe_Storm_FB_2025
Squall
Squall

CooperCronk wrote: I just hope they had an off-day and can turn it around next week.
Seemed like more of an "off half" to me. ;)
[quote="billythekidslater"]
Yeah I am a troll. [/quote]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Joe_Storm_FB_2025 wrote:
CooperCronk wrote: I just hope they had an off-day and can turn it around next week.
Seemed like more of an "off half" to me. ;)
lol very off.  Probably thinking about how many easter eggs Easter Bunny would bring them Sunday morning :lol:
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Team vs Gold Coast who are 2-2 at the moment
1. Josh Jerome
2. Eddie Faamausili
3. Slade Griffin
4. Brayden Wiliame
5. Bennett Leslie
6. Ben Hampton
7. Jordan Meads
8. Mitchell Johnson
9. Jake Hawkins
10. Kenny Bromwich
11. Kirisome Auva'a
12. Tohu Harris
13. Blake Leary (c)

14. Sam Martin
15. Theo Stuart
16. Jerome Wilson
17. Pita Maile
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Avuaa in the back-row ?

Mitchell Jonson still eligible for NYC ?

I like the move of JJ to FB !
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nandruku wrote:
Mitchell Jonson still eligible for NYC ?

I like the move of JJ to FB !
Yep Johnson born 5 August, 1990. I like the move of Jerome to fullback as well.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Storm youth draw with Titans
Mark Pangallo, Sportal
9/04/2010 7:23:04 PM

© Melbourne Storm
Harris was one of the Storm's try scorers The NYC has seen its third draw this season after the Gold Coast Titans and Melbourne Storm were forced to share the spoils in a 22-all curtain raiser at Skilled Park on Friday night.

Sinone Aka’Uola’s second try right at the death salvaged a draw for the home side with some inaccurate kicking from five-eighth Jordan Rankin letting the Storm off the hook when he missed the resulting conversion.

Both sides tasted defeat last week with Melbourne losing its first match of the season against the Dragons, while the Titans were on the wrong end of 40-point thumping courtesy of the Cowboys.

And looking to turn things around the home side started brightly taking the game to the Storm but some inspired defensive work from Tohu Harris kept the Titans pack at bay.

Having some time with the ball, Melbourne didn’t take long to crack the Titans with a great break away from Jake Hawkins opening up plenty of space for Ben Hampton to take the final pass and ground under the sticks with just 10 minutes played.

Josh Jerome’s conversion made it 6-0, but Rod Patison’s charges hit back four minutes later when winger Mathew Hundy found the ball on the left and dived into the corner reducing the deficit back to two.

With both sides trading sets the Storm had their second with 10 minutes to go after they pinned the Titans back on the goal line and stretched them enough for Bennett Leslie to break through Japeth Vaoa on the right and touch next to the corner post.

With Melbourne looking comfortable at 12-4 the Gold Coast conjured up some magic in the shadows of half time as Cody Walker latched onto Rankin’s grubber and muscled his way over.

Rankin’s conversion raised the flags for the Titans and kept them in the game as the half-time siren sounded.

Emerging from the tunnels the Titans pack went straight onto the front foot and some great anticipation from Sinone Aka’Uola saw the centre intercept 15 metres out from the line.

With the Storm caught off guard Aka’Uola had no hesitation in heading straight over to secure four much-needed points and give Gold Coast the lead for the first time.

As momentum swung with the home side, so too did another try when Rankin threw from the hip to a fast moving Vaoa out wide on the right.

The nippy winger kept his cool taking the ball on the run and sliding over to make the score 18-12.

Refusing to let the game slip away the Storm rallied with 13 minutes to go and a nicely-worked set got Harris to within striking distance and the second rower took no prisoners as he charged his way over.

Jerome’s third conversion levelled the scores but there was more to come from the Storm youngsters who took back the lead when winger Eddie Faamausili spectacularly evaded the corner post to get the ball down.

As time ticked away tempers flared between both sides and Titans prop Ronnie Alovili along with Melbourne second-rower Jerome Wilson were sent to the bin.

It was the home side who settled the best from the restart and finding themselves with possession they levelled the scores.

Aka’Uola had his second after another sublime pass from Rankin found the fast moving big man, but stepping up to take the conversion Rankin let himself down and both teams had to settle for a share of the spoils.

Gold Coast Titans – 22 (Tries: Hundy, Walker, Aka’Uola 2, Vaoa; Goals: Rankin 1/5) drew with Melbourne Storm – 22 (Tries: Hampton, Leslie, Harris, Faamausili; Goals: Jerome 3/4)
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tohu Harris go's alright.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I heard on FoxSport news that there were a few fisticuffs thrown at the game, so not surprised about the sin-binning.

Anyway I am looking forward to seeing the guys on Monday night live for a change.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Team for Monday.
1. Josh Jerome
2. Eddie Faamausili
3. Kirisome Auva'a
4. Brayden Wiliame
5. Bennett Leslie
6. Ben Hampton
7. Jordan Meads
8. Kenny Bromwich