Sam Joe....

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

.........GOOOOOOORNE.
Storm star returns to Blackwater
9th March 2010

Sam Joe has returned from Melbourne Storm to play in CQ.

Colin WhelanIT is less than a month ago that exciting Central Queensland talent Sammy Joe was in Rockhampton with the Melbourne Storm but now he prepares to start the new season at Blackwater.

The Blackwater Crushers senior rugby league team will be bringing out its big guns this season, with the signing of former Storm player Joe.

A utility back, Joe has lobbed in Blackwater after deciding to take a year off from playing professional rugby league.

While in Rockhampton for the trial match against the Brisbane Broncos, Joe made a presentation, in conjunction with first team coach Craig Bellamy, of a Storm shirt to his former club Fitzroy/Gracemere.

He recently said he had signed a four-year contract with the Storm during which time he played two NRL matches for the first grade side.

He was also a member of the Storm’s under-20 team that defeated the West Tigers in last season’s grand final.

“I just decided to take a year off and get a skill under my belt,” Joe said.

“I plan to return to professional league after a year.”

Joe was born at Thursday Island and is a former student of St Brendan’s College. He is looking forward to taking to the field for the Blackwater Crushers.

Comets coach Wayne Barnett said he would certainly keep tabs on what Joe was doing at Blackwater but ruled out an approach to the player.

“It would all depend on what sort of contract he has over there (Blackwater),” Barnett said. “We will definitely keep track of him.”

The Central Highlands senior rugby league competition is set to kick off on March 20.

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au/st ... -crushers/
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

I only seen him play a few times.. but i thought he was a gun..
dam shame..
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Isn't he still contracted to us? Did we release him or just loan him out? Or maybe we let him go home on compassionate grounds and he is to return after a year and resume his contract??
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I doubt he'll be back, he's never got on top of his weight problems and I cant believe that 4 year deal statement  is correct.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

he had massive wraps on him but i wasnt impressed, although he never really had a chance to prove himself.

if he doesnt come back and play nrl ill be disappointed that he never got a chance to prove himself.

but thats what he wants to do so good luck to him
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

wow i didnt see that coming.....i think they have had problems with him for a while read his bio on the website the last paragraph pretty much says it all

Preview: Joe needs a big pre-season to get him to the fitness levels required at the top level. He has enormous talent and the size to make a real impact for years to come.
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

Meh. Shame to lose youngsters with potential but there is plenty more willing to take the spot.
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I read in the Sun today that Kostjasyn recently signed a one-year deal.  Does that mean that he's taken Joe's spot on the list?
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wondered that too RE: Kostjasyn
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I don't think so - I'm pretty sure RK signed before Sam Joe bailed  :? which leaves us with a vacant spot,but not a lot in the kitty to fill it.
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields