Official WCC Squad

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

GO STORM
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah!!! Great win, I thought Finchy was awesome. When Cam was moved to hooker we got a whole lot better.
I think Neilsen was good at centre and good to see Quinn playing well too.
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I had to leave with 25 to go but I thought Neilsen was our best player.
STORM 2007
Squall
Squall

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Take that Rhinos. How good was Luke Mcdougall  :D. I thought Quinny was great aswell especially after his injury. Defence was great and Cameron's kicking superb.

I still don't like Cameron playing halfback though, so much better in the hooking role. Anyway who cares we're World Champions baby  :D

Glad you guys managed to stay up for it, great feeling especially after 2 years ago. I wouldn't want to be Cronulla at the moment, GO STORM.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Another player who deserves a massive wrap is Aiden Tolman.

37 tackles, no misses
164 mtrs on 22 carries

Is our best prop by far now.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I thought our attack clicked once Smith move to hooker we look a different team when he plays another position. Nielsen was massive on defense and Tolman was massive in the middle easily our best player imo, hopefully he re-signs soon and loved Smith's goal kicking.
Last edited by Fizer on Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
routy21
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Congrats boys! Champions of the WORLD!!!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Noa Nandruku wrote: Another player who deserves a massive wrap is Aiden Tolman.

37 tackles, no misses
164 mtrs on 22 carries

Is our best prop by far now.
22 carries?!?  lima lima lima duck me!!!!

He was everywhere, in defence and attack! I though he was more deserving of the best on field. No offence to Smithy by the way.

Considering we were missing Cronk, White, Manu, etc and the conditions were far from ideal I thought we were totally lima lima lima duck awesome!

Although Finch and Blair in particular really pushed the envelope with their defence and were lucky not to be penalised a lot more.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Tolman was outstanding.  Has been for a while though now - he is definitely our starting prop now.
Todd Lowrie impressed me too - hard to find a bad player though really, it was a gutsy, dig in and do the job win that required 100% committment, and that's what the boys gave!
I thought the ref was consistent, but he was ordinary, the ruck speed was stupidly slow IMO
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Mattpoet
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Blair, Finch and Quinn always do push the envelope a bit in defence, but I think that's what Bellamy wants them to do.

I agree about Tolman, hope he stays long term because in his current form, he's a rep player within 2 years!
My wife and I welcome our new daughter Arwynn into the world
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

steaming stormer wrote: I thought the ref was consistent, but he was ordinary, the ruck speed was stupidly slow IMO
Although as the commentators pointed out, that benefited the Rhinos as much as it benefited Storm!
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Mattpoet wrote: Blair, Finch and Quinn always do push the envelope a bit in defence, but I think that's what Bellamy wants them to do.

I agree about Tolman, hope he stays long term because in his current form, he's a rep player within 2 years!
Tolman will be a NSW player this year.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

why does inglis get paid? did nothing all game
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: why does inglis get paid? did nothing all game
1. Tell me how many times quality ball went that way genius
2. Leeds sent all there attack towards Nielsen and in defence gave our right much more room to move as they werent concerned about that side.
3. Inglis is playing his first game of the year in a high intenstity match in freezing conditions at 80%. Honestly what did you expect.

Doesnt take much for people to stick the boot in, but your young Nacho so not beyond help. Just keep reading my posts  ;-).
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I wouldn't be too worried - hardly a night for the backs to shine.  We took the ball to Danger and Pup's side most of the night... no worries with GI.  He'll be back!!
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]