Who will be purchasing an After Party pass this year

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!

Please pick an answer and if you want, list your reasoning

Yes definitely - bugger the cost
5%
No way - too expensive
55%
Maybe - if my friends get one
16%
Not sure
3%
No - not interested at all
16%
Yes - but it is expensive
5%

Total votes: 38
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Just wanting people's input on if they are actually going to buy these passes.  Would also like to know the reasons behind your decisions and have a good discussion about it all.
Feel free to have opinions and please try not to judge others.

I for one am thinking of buying one pass to see how it all goes - my reason is that due to other commitments, the rest of my family will not be attending any games on Monday & Fridays so I may only go to the after parties when they are not at games - hence the need for one pass only.  That would also depend on how many of my Storm friends I will be able to catch up with there so I've voted for maybe.
Last edited by Buzz on Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

If it was only me then I could probably get the medallion,(if I had a spare $90 in February that is ](*,) )
but the people I group with at the game are all family units,as are a lot of the group I usually meet up with at the after party.$90 person,(adult & junior) is a big slug for them,so I'm on the doubtful/maybe side of this equation  :(
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Going by the other thread on this topic its obviously a pretty major issue at the moment along with memberships.

My first thought was to vote "No Way - Too Expensive" as I don't believe its something we should need to pay extra
to attend if you have a membership higher than a Gen Admin. membership (ie: like the last couple of years). I believe
a GA membership without AP access is good value so like recent years I think its fair a GA member should pay a little
extra for the additional privilege (just my view of course). I do think that $90 is way too much even if I were to
consider purchasing it BUT as has been mentioned a few times in the other thread, I tend to only go to the social
club to catch up with friends who may not sit/stand with us at games or those i do attend with, to discuss the win
or the loss or just life in general. I generally don't go for the entertainment or to "hassle" the players even though
there have been times in the past that I have lol. I could go on and on about the cons of having to pay $90 on top
of already increased memberships but I think its all been covered in the other threads (though I do wonder if those
at the club have read them or if they even care).

For the time being I am sitting on the fence with this one so I voted "Maybe - if my friends get one". I've discussed this
with several friends (including Tigger - hence the poll) and still I'm not sure what to do. I'm leaning toward not paying
for it but if all my friends decide to get one then I will too. Heck, we don't even know if it will be worth it. Furthermore,
a few friends and I are smokers so if we need to exit the stadium to have a smoke there is just another reason
against buying one (at least in the past we had a place just outside to smoke).

I'm all for us online Bai Standers organising our own gatherings at a pub in Richmond if thats what people think is
a better option. I'm sure there is a pub down there prepared to accommodate us to earn a few extra $$$ over the bar.

I will definitely follow this thread/poll with interest.
stormin_kes
Squall
Squall

I have already put in my membership renewal....this year I have purchased a Social club membership along with my son. I had a big think as I'm a tee-totaller I dont go for the drink.  I like the company, the chance to meet the players both first grade and u20's but I'm willing to give it a go this year. If it has lost any 'spirit' etc then I wont be getting one (social club) next year.

I havent voted in the poll cos yes I will... but not at bugger the cost! I am not employed and have saved very hard to get my membership although I have 'downgraded' to GA- thundersquad for this season.

Unhappy about the membership packages but will give it a go. I look forward to letting rip on the questionnaire that is sent out online each year. I wonder if we will receive it this year.
It's just a Storm in a tea-cup.
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

stormin_kes wrote: I havent voted in the poll cos yes I will... but not at bugger the cost! I am not employed and have saved very hard to get my membership although I have 'downgraded' to GA- thundersquad for this season.

Unhappy about the membership packages but will give it a go. I look forward to letting rip on the questionnaire that is sent out online each year. I wonder if we will receive it this year.
Oops, sorry bout that. I've just had our fearless leader Buzz put in another option for Yes   :)
Last edited by Tigger on Thu Feb 04, 2010 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

I'm not sure.

Whilst I feel it's too expensive (especially on top of premiers club membership) I have the cash to spare, thanks to unexpected overtime, yet I am undecided on whether to get one.

My experience in recent years is that it is purely an opportunity to catch up with friends and acquaintances that I have over the years from this site, away trips and banner making. The club/player side of it has deteriorated immensely in recent years.

I had considered getting one if others I know get one but I have given it some thought, but am now more inclined to give it away and save the cash. Having said that, I'm still undecided and am awaiting the membership/stadium forum before making a final decision. Of course given the limited numbers there's every chance that the decision could be taken out of my hands by then.

Tigger, do you mind if the poll is edited to allow people to change their vote?
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Surandy wrote: Tigger, do you mind if the poll is edited to allow people to change their vote?
Done  :D
Deon
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I am definately NOT purchasing after party membership. >:(

That would be more than 9 drinks I could get elsewhere for the same cost.  :fla_newzealand: :fla_newzealand: :fla_newzealand:
Woody
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I voted a no but not so much because I`m not interested but more because of the practicality. My friends and I  come up from Geelong for each game, generally bringing my nine year old with me and by the time most of the games are finished it`s getting pretty late to start with, particularly if I have been working that day. If we then waited around for the after game party and the players to come in I have no doubt that she would love it but it would make for a very late night and from my memories of the last one that I did go to ( which was a few years ago I admit) I didn`t really think it was the right place to take a child in to
            Added to this now is the extra cost and I suppose it becomes a further dissinsentive to go , as much as I would love the opportunity to meet and talk to the players and staff
Silkin Storm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

I have voted no because of the cost I am one with 2 kids and a husband in tow & $360 on top of the membership is to much !!

Besides the music over the last few years has been average I don't need a wailing singer fill in time I would rather chat with my FRIENDS and actually hear their responses.
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Silkin Storm wrote:Besides the music over the last few years has been average I don't need a wailing singer fill in time I would rather chat with my FRIENDS and actually hear their responses.
Oh definitely!!!

What happened to the decent and/or good bands they used to get? I guess it costs too much. At least the host was good when they had Robbie & Robbo but this Brodie fellow is just too plain boring and he appears to have no clue. At the Finals After Party at Docklands last year he made some comment about watching a finals match on Nein to find out who our next opponents were. I guess he had no idea that NEIN don't show the games until after midnight.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Even though I have purchased my membership and opted to not get the after party ticket, I am slowly beginning to change my mind and may get one afterall because I want to catch up with friends I have made over the years.

I do however, agree that the Premiers Package should have included entry into the social club, and for other members make it a lesser charge of say $40 for adults and $5 for kids under 16 or thereabouts.
minichick
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Haven't been in quite some time, but it was pretty ordinary anyway. $90 is far too much in my opinion, but I think we all know where I stand on that one!! ;-)
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

only went once last year. worst party since the nazi party
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
StormFront
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Whilst I would like to get one it is far to expensive for me... with me and 2 kids the cost is $270 on top of the membership fee. I fear that the decline of the members going to the social club will impact on the club more than just numbers at the after party. It really was not about the after party but more the opportunity to socialize, plan away trips, form lasting friendships and enjoy all that the Storm is.... now that has been taken out of the reach of the average member... they have a limit of 500 social club tickets but I bet on any given game they may only get 100 people there. Or is that the plan to make it more about the corporates getting close and personal at the after party with out there being an average member there...?
Lets Party Like Its 1999....
The Storm 1999, 2007, 2009, 2011

StormFront......