Just been over to Storm training at Oxley College, Chirnside Park

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Great to see boys back in action.

Wonderful surrounds to train in with the backdrop of Mt Dandenong and the start of the Yarra Valley.

Spoke with Cam who said he loved this part of Melbourne. He said that they'd been on a footy department camp out at Yarra Glen again (like before the finals last year) for team meetings/strategies/bonding etc

Spoke to Billy....who trained hard all morning (as usual)...he seemed pumped for another HUGE year.

As I was leaving, Danger tapped on my car window and wanted to know if I had got some autographs from the boys.

I got out and spoke with him for a while....congratulated him on a great 2009 and wished him all the best for 2010. Really genuine down to earth bloke.......glad he is at our Club. He trained well and obviously sets himself high standards.

Bellyache gave me a wave as I was leaving the car park...not sure if he thought I was one of the players leaving (i have dark tinted windows !!!!...not that I look like a player !!!!)...so that was nice touch which we have come to expect from the little Master. :o

Happy to answer any specific questions about drills or players.
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Any of the young fellas look like theyve bulked up. Howd Sika and Kev Proctor look.
Fizer
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

How did Chase Stanley, I know Bellyache has said he has first crack at right center so was interested to see how you thought he was training.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

lol i was gonna go to training this week but the moved from visy park

Did Luke kelly and Brett Finch work well together as 6 and 7

was coops there
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

some brief answers.

1.   Didn't look like any players were noticeably bigger....Sika ran laps and was in the rehab group. He is one HUGE unit.

KP did all the drills and match play work....looked good.

2.   Chase Stanley was working in a group of backs diffusing bombs when I got there. Didn't specifically stand out but I heard his name being clapped and encouraged a few times. This group had Billy, GI, Danger, Quinny, Isa, Itula, Stanley, Joe and Duffie. GI, Danger, Billy and Quinny were standouts as you would expect  ;D

3. Luke Kelly was working in a small group with Cam, Finchy, Hinchy and someone else (cant remember). They took it turns taking the ball and kicking to one of 3 men standing inside a small square of colored cones (green, red and blue).
Luke floated a few but Cam was a MACHINE...pin point !!! Finchy always looks like good value and I must say that I have always had a soft spot for Hinchy even when he was at the Raiders...so I was rapt when he came to Melbourne.

sorry about the lack of detail. I am on holiday at the moment and the session started at 9.15am so I was half asleep for a while.

PS....it does look like Luke Kelly will get a fair crack in the halves with Coop out for a while. I suspect that he and Finchy will just work out when it is better for each to play 6 or 7.

PPS ...no sign of Cooper at training...maybe i just missed him as the rehab group was on the other side of the oval but I don't think he was around. didn't see Brett White either
Last edited by Storm Spirit on Thu Jan 14, 2010 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simo
Monsoon
Monsoon

Danger? Dane Neilson right?
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

yep.....he is called Danger from the character in Million Dollar Baby apparently
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i dont think it was Andre Itula you saw i heard he went to sydney (the rabbitohs) but i could be wrong

Cronk7
Monsoon
Monsoon

How'd Cronk look?Cause I heard he had surgury over the break
Its all fun and games til someone gets kicked in the head...
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Sallymay...you may well be right about Itula.

I was obviously some distance away and I have only seen him by photo before ...not up close in person.

Can't find anything about him going to the Bunnies...we signed him from there at the end of 2008 from their NYC team, so he may have gone back.
bula
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Isn't itula the guy Bellamy and Waldy drop from playing any footy in storm colours once he signed with Souths?
"Better to have Won then Lost, than to have never won at all" Arrogant, but true hahahaha
[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_LHg6T-6fC3I/S9VsrfFCLPI/AAAAAAAACeQ/RYZD1XBQI7A/redemption.jpg[/img]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Cronk7 wrote: How'd Cronk look?Cause I heard he had surgury over the break
Unfortunately I only heard the last half of an interview with Whitey on SEN, but what I did hear was that White and Coops are doing rehab work and their surgeries went well.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

the player banned from playing 1st grade by Bellyache was Aiden Guerra who had signed with the Chooks.

I didn't see either Cooper or Whitey at the Oxley College training session on Thursday morning, but as CooperCronk said...they are both recovering from surgery post the Kangaroos tour.

Can't find any current news on Andre Itula.
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

bula wrote: Isn't itula the guy Bellamy and Waldy drop from playing any footy in storm colours once he signed with Souths?
Your thinking of Aiden Guerra signing with the rooters
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

hey guys just found out that Zeb Tawha and Andre Itula have join the north sydney bears from our central coast squad