stadium

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
barken

How is the new stadium going,will it be ready for the manly game. :fla_uk: :fla_uk:
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

barken wrote: How is the new stadium going
Look Here ;-) The Punt Rd side of the bubble is more advanced than this side.The playing surface is some way off  ???
will it be ready for the manly game.
Should be  ImageImage
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Word on the street is that the Stadium won't be completed until the end of next year.
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

gothestorm wrote: Word on the street is that the Stadium won't be completed until the end of next year.
And what street would that be?
storm_rhinos
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

That would be GTS's street - its the one where all the other trolls / Manly/Broncos fans hang out

The same page says the grass is due to be laid January
Last edited by storm_rhinos on Tue Nov 10, 2009 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't mistake lack of talent for genius"
"Fortune favours the brave, stand tall Storm your time is now. Go hard, go Storm!! "
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

I would like GtS to swear on this site that he only follows the Storm and no other team :lol:
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

I am hoping that Melbourne Storm organise an 'open day' in the new stadium before 2010 memberships are finalised - I certainly don't want to be committing to a reserved seat without sitting in it and seeing the view! I am hoping to get a comparable seat to where I sit in Olympic Park.

I am currently a general admission member but as I don't really like sitting behind the posts or up in the clouds, I accept that I need to upgrade. Does anyone have any inside information in regards to seating plans etc?

The new season just feels so far away - the less games at Docklands the better in my opinion - I really don't like it there.....
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

mahoobla wrote: I am hoping that Melbourne Storm organise an 'open day' in the new stadium before 2010 memberships are finalised - I certainly don't want to be committing to a reserved seat without sitting in it and seeing the view! I am hoping to get a comparable seat to where I sit in Olympic Park.

I am currently a general admission member but as I don't really like sitting behind the posts or up in the clouds, I accept that I need to upgrade. Does anyone have any inside information in regards to seating plans etc?

The new season just feels so far away - the less games at Docklands the better in my opinion - I really don't like it there.....
Rest assured that that anywher that you sit would have a great view and be far suprior to OP.

Unless you like standing at the games.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

gothestorm wrote: Word on the street is that the Stadium won't be completed until the end of next year.
Word on the street is your an idiot...
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

I know the view will be great - it's more the other facilities that I am interested in. My husband has a disability and can't walk up/down very many stairs and we need to be near food/drinks/toilets etc. It's sometimes hard to judge these facilities on a flat, basic map on paper. I need to do a 'test walk' around the stadium - he can't walk very far, it has to be as comfortable as possible for him.

There hasn't been much information from the club as yet - I was hoping someone would have some inside information.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

they said all members would get to have a look when it was fiished but i have know idea when or how it will be done
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

mahoobla wrote: I know the view will be great - it's more the other facilities that I am interested in. My husband has a disability and can't walk up/down very many stairs and we need to be near food/drinks/toilets etc. It's sometimes hard to judge these facilities on a flat, basic map on paper. I need to do a 'test walk' around the stadium - he can't walk very far, it has to be as comfortable as possible for him.

There hasn't been much information from the club as yet - I was hoping someone would have some inside information.
My guess is that we haven't heard from the club yet as they are still trying to confirm details/arrangements.

The advice from the club was that an open day is planned for reserve seat members to assist them in choosing their preferred seats, I think February was mentioned as a possibility.

From reading the info about the stadium it is actually designed with more toilets per capacity than is required. As for ramps/stairs, there are lifts on the western side of the stadium, I'm not sure about the eastern side.

For up to date photos, and there are some real good ones check out this site:

http://www.austadiums.com/forum/viewtop ... &start=945
Last edited by Surandy on Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ash13
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I go past it every morning on my way to work and from the outside view,it looks far from complete.Doesnt even look like they've got utilitys installed as yet.
We are the storm,and we're #1!
Ash13
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Channel None reported on the news last night that the stadium isnt due to have the first game played until late May - early June next year. The turf isnt due to be laid until late March.
We are the storm,and we're #1!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ash13 wrote: Channel None reported on the news last night that the stadium isnt due to have the first game played until late May - early June next year. The turf isnt due to be laid until late March.
Oh no, that means we have have to try and squeeze some games in at Etihad maybe or moreso, play interstate?.
The only upside of more games being played interstate earlier in the season, is that we'll have a homeground  advantage in the latter part of the season.