Sydney Stormtroopers FB link

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Thought I'd sticky this for anyone who wants to join the Troopers. 
Then everyone can meet up at away games for much merriment and noise at Storm's Sydney games.

http://www.facebook.com/search/?q=storm ... 532&ref=ss

Edited by a dumb blonde  ;-)
Last edited by Tigger on Tue Oct 06, 2009 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
madstorm
Squall
Squall

Hi all What a great win for the Storm.  I know that you have posted the link for Sydney fans and us Victorians are sick to death of the dismal telecasting from Channel nine. ( I must say I am a little jealous of the broadcasting you NSw's get!)  I am posting a link for a group I started to wage war on Channel nine.  Hopefully if we can get games shown on free to air prior to Midnight we can get more interest in Memberships which will help strengthen the club and show our boys more support.  So really it's not just about victorian fans it's for all fans of the mighty Melbourne storm.  PLEASE JOIN!!!

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=ho ... 727&ref=nf

Thanks!!!!
Rabble_1
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Although this group is called Sydney Stormtroopers it is for all Storm fans so when travelling to Sydney you will know where to head at the ground on game day to be amongst other fans :)
If ants are such busy workers,
how come they find time to go to all the picnics?
JF_Storm_Swans
Squall
Squall

Rabble_1 wrote: Although this group is called Sydney Stormtroopers it is for all Storm fans so when travelling to Sydney you will know where to head at the ground on game day to be amongst other fans :)
I was up at Gosford for the Bulldpgs game & didn't see any organised Storm supporters group at all.

You guys heard of these dudes as well?
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=1 ... 075&ref=ts

You are all doing the same thing, so it might be better to all join forces.

JF
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/swansbear/mel-premiers09.jpg[/img]
Mr Soia
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

We are in the same bay every year at Gosford, and have the massive Storm banner up.
We were there pre-Toyota Cup match that day.

And we are not doing the same thing, we have been around for a long time, not halfway through this season.
Luke aka the original Stormboy of [b]Sydney Stormtroopers[/b].
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Sydney Stormtroopers are the originals, the Storm Army are a group of bandwagoners.
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Surandy wrote: Sydney Stormtroopers are the originals, the Storm Army are a group of bandwagoners.
That is not very nice,I would have thought that ANY group of Storm supporters regardless of what they call themselves would be welcome at any game wether it be home or away..sound a bit peevish to me!!!!
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Rose Madder wrote:
Surandy wrote: Sydney Stormtroopers are the originals, the Storm Army are a group of bandwagoners.
That is not very nice,I would have thought that ANY group of Storm supporters regardless of what they call themselves would be welcome at any game wether it be home or away..sound a bit peevish to me!!!!
Normally I would agree with you Rose but unfortunately the 'Storm Army' are a pretty fresh bunch of supporters.  They don't normally even go to the games up in Sydney (that's what I'd gleaned from their FB group last year - I mean watching Sydney games at a leagues club when you can rock up to the ground....... :?) and most of them had no idea about the basic Storm culture like -  Banners at our games, victory laps by the players and travelling supporters etc.  :?
Maybe they're a bit more into it now but as of last years GF they had no idea  :lol:

It's great that folk are flying the Storm flags interstate but they're not in the league of our beloved Stormtroopers  ;-)
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Rose Madder wrote:
Last finals series they showed their ignorance of being a Storm supporter in Melbourne by spoiling results of games that NEIN had yet to show. The club also dumped on the original interstate support in favour of them for some promo that ended up not reflecting well on genuine passionate supporters.
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Thankyou our Storm family for your support of our group "Sydney Stormtroopers"

Yes, Rose Madder we have been around for many many years, from the inception of the MSSC in Melbourne, we were the fan base in Sydney!

The other group started in August 2009, some cynical Storm supporters would label them "bandwaggoners" I know that when we did speak to them, they had absolutely no idea about the Home Match Banner,  and the crew that week in week out during the season, volunteer their time to make the banners and then proudly hold them aloft as the boys run out onto the field!

None had ever travelled to Melbourne or anywhere out of Sydney for a game and it appears not much has changed, we saw 4 of them in Canberra and have not sighted them at any other game this year.

We are loud, we are proud and we are Storm family members!

Supporters of the STORM are welcome to join our group at any away game in Sydney and throughout the state including Canberra BUT remember we do have a code of conduct!

WE have made some wonderful lifetime friends through our love of the STORM, they are true friends and we treasure each and every one of them!

And Yes we will be at Parramatta Stadium Friday night to cheer our boys over the line in both the U20's Thunderbolts and STORM games!

STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM!!!
Last edited by bunnies on Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Silkin
Squall
Squall

Oh and Bunnies ( one of the stalwart Storm troopers ) is well known amongst the home supporters after all we can almost hear her at the other end of the ground  ;-)
Don't Leave it to Fate
She's a Fickle Bitch
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Silkin wrote: Oh and Bunnies ( one of the stalwart Storm troopers ) is well known amongst the home supporters after all we can almost hear her at the other end of the ground   ;-)
Almost???
Rose Madder
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Silkin wrote: Oh and Bunnies ( one of the stalwart Storm troopers ) is well known amongst the home supporters after all we can almost hear her at the other end of the ground   ;-)
MM it seems so,but if memory serves me correctly and I am sure it does, it was "Bunnies" who told me to go and crawl back under the stone I had been under ( really nice).
Yes I am aware of who this person is and how long she has been supporting the Storm..nearlly as long as I have I think,but I am sure there is room especially in Sydney for other groups of Storm supporters without being bagged because you may not be "doing it right" :?
[b]Who Dares Wins!!![/b]
bunnies
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Rose Madder

Yes I probably did at some stage tell you to go and crawl back under a stone, but I am sure also other supporters have told you similar and maybe not as tame as I was!

I have no issue with other supporter groups, it is when their actions may bring our club into further disrepute that I take exception to.

Our group was verbally abused at the Parra group by members of the group I have referred to (and this was witnessed by staff of the Storm), as being the reason why the players "ignore" them. I can assure anyone we are not to blame for anything the players or staff choose to do or not do. Our group is respected by the players, as we are of them, and they have never failed to acknowledge us ever at a game where we are in attendance, our support is appreciated and valued.

Our supporter group may have been in place since 2000 but we as individuals have been fans/supporters since the Storm started in the comp in 1998.

Again, our loyalty can never ever be questioned by you or any other person who professes to be a supporter of our still Mighty Melbourne STORM.

We will continue to be very loud and very proud of our players no matter what!

Bunnies :)
Go the Mighty Melbourne Storm and the Mighty South Sydney Rabbitohs!!
Brian
Squall
Squall

Hey Bunnies did you see in the papers this week the story on the woman suing qantas for the three year old making her ears bleed after the kid screamed on the plane?

I thought of you at the games when i saw that ;)

Who is louder than AC/DC *Grin*