Well done VIC - TV Ratings

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The second preliminary final, in which the Melbourne Storm destroyed the Brisbane Broncos, averaged 1.353m. That was despite the NRL's controversial move to hold the game at Melbourne's Etihad Stadium on Saturday evening, just 2 1/2 hours after the AFL grand final had finished at the MCG.

Despite the presence of the Storm, the broadcast still drew more interest in Sydney (averaging 578,000 viewers) and Brisbane (431,000) than in Melbourne (324,000).

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/bu ... 82,00.html
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They have tried to put a negative spin on that to an extent, 'despite the presence of the Storm' - and then outlining that less watched the game in Melbourne than Sydney... how about being realistic and trying to trend this over previous rating figures... oh yeah, can't do that BECAUSE THERE IS NOT ENOUGH LIVE GAMES TO COMPARE!!!!  :x :x
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Crippstor
Squall
Squall

According to the Oztam figures I have seen, more people watched our prelim final here that watched the AFL grand final in Sydney
Crippstor - Lord of The Realm
Buzz
Site Slave
Site Slave

AFL Grand Final:
Sydney: 309,000
Brisbane: 254,000

NRL Prelim Final:
Melbourne: 324,000

Not bad I reckon! Consider how much money, exposure and effort the AFL put into Sydney and Brisbane markets, compared to the NRL and CNeins' efforts in Melbourne! Bang for buck really! :)
VIC
Squall
Squall

A very good all round effort in Melbourne indeed. Here are the facts:-

1. The crowd of 28k was actually quite good. Last year's preliminary final in Sydney where Cronulla played the Storm attracted the exactly same crowd. And needless to say that our preliminary final in Melbourne was on 1) AFL Grand Final Day and 2) given that Channel 9 and the NRL stupidly decided to screen the game LIVE into Melbourne.

2. TV ratings were very healthy again, particularly given that Channel 10's spin off sports channel was showing the replay of the AFL Grand Final that night. And as correctly pointed out, the NRL preliminary final in Melbourne attracted more viewers than the AFL Grand Final in Sydney.

All up a good effort! No thanks to the NRL nor to Channel 9 for assiting the Storm with it's cause in Victoria!!!!!!!!!!!
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Yep a very good effort. I just hope this and this weeks Grand Final ratings will be enough for them to screen at least a few live games next year.

I remember that game where Parra beat us without our Origin stars in 08 had really good figures and then this year when we played the Broncos they were also very good. I still don't get why they won't show more live games if the ratings have only been positive!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

The problem with all these 'good' ratings is that stupid Nine will probably show some of our HOME games next year  :?

They just don't believe our away games will rate, or they're too bloody scared that they will rate here better than some games from the AFL.........
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
pauliedude
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I have to laugh at the advertising blitz at the moment about free TV and being able to watch sport on free TV.
Ch Nein's actions make me motivated to do naught.
Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

As we've all stated many, many times, there should be a "use it or lose it" policy for free to air stations.  If they're not going to show it live or on short delay, give it to someone that will.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I would be perfectly happy (from a selfish point of view) if all sport were on Pay TV. That way it would at least be live.
FTA TV doesn't even show one game of AFL live and 9's treatment of league here...well we don't need to go into that.
2012 premiers. Legit.