GF tickets

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
storm_man
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

I had exactly the same issue with being offered tickets in the Parra supporters area. I called the ticketek call centre and after waiting on hold for around half an hour, finally snagged a ticket! Ticketek are feakin hopeless...
jellyhead
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

To all those who ended up with tickets in the Eels' supporter bays, the same thing happened to me last year.  As soon as I realised (a couple of hours later), I rang Ticketek and they cancelled the tickets and they swapped them for tickets in the Storm supporters bay.

I'm sorry I didn't see your posts earlier to let you know but it might be worth a try.
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

captainsuburbia wrote: I ended up with tickets in the Eels section using a storm code as well...and looking at other forums it looks like Parra fans have landed tickets in the Storm section.

Well done Ticketek.  Oh well, looks like I won't be the only purple in a sea of blue and yellow...
Definitely call them and get them changed.  132 849.  Our bays are Section 101 – 104 or Section 140 – 146.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
captainsuburbia
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

jellyhead wrote: To all those who ended up with tickets in the Eels' supporter bays, the same thing happened to me last year.  As soon as I realised (a couple of hours later), I rang Ticketek and they cancelled the tickets and they swapped them for tickets in the Storm supporters bay.

I'm sorry I didn't see your posts earlier to let you know but it might be worth a try.
yeah, I gave that a shot, but the only seats in the melb area now is behind the goalposts, a long way back.  I'm still really excited to be going, but it would be nice to have a choice of Melb supporter area. I went to the Charity Shield in 07 with my mad keen dragons fans sister, and I was able to choose "Dragons fan area" then. If Ticketek can manage to do it for the charity shield, they should be able to do it for the GF. 
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

captainsuburbia wrote: yeah, I gave that a shot, but the only seats in the melb area now is behind the goalposts, a long way back. 
If you're behind the goalposts, way back is better than down low.  At least you see something.

Anyway, you shouldn't have to request storm area.  If they put you in an Eels bay, and there aren't any tickets left in the Storm bay, just get them to transfer you to a neutral area.  Most of the stadium is neutral.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
Christabella
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bah! We got our tickets when they went on sale to members back in July (as we always do) and I now see that it's a designated Eels bay .... GROSS! :pukeright:  ... Might have to resort to knees in the heads if they get a bit excited.  :twisted:

Anyway we are in 113, where's everyone else?
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v624/QueenChrista/sucks.jpg[/img]
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

In view of the disaster that is Ticketek's handling of fan placement the Email I 'JUST' received if hillarious !!
Dear My Ticketek member,

NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final 2009
Storm vs Eels
Sunday 4 October - ANZ Stadium, NSW
Win a 2010 membership!
On sale Tues 29 Sept, 9am 

Don't miss your chance to be at Rugby League's showpiece event on Sunday 4 October at ANZ Stadium. The day will be a celebration of Rugby League with not only the Telstra Premiership Grand Final Storm vs Eels but also the NSW Cup and Toyota Cup deciders. 

Grammy-award winning Australian band Wolfmother will also be performing live before kick off! 

As a special offer to My Ticketek members, book tickets online to NRL Telstra Premiership Grand Final 2009 between the Storm vs Eels before Sunday 4 October, select the print at home ezyTicket option and go in the draw to win a 2010 membership to the club of your choice! 
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I had the other half go to ticketek in Werribee, while I tried on the phone at work.  Got stung by the system error which the first people there were screwed over by, so someone in the line was passing his mobile down the line after he got his.  If any of you are this man... thank you! lol
Ended up in Bay 146
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I can't go this year, spewing.

Good news for the club though, they haven't lost when I'm not at the game  :D
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Got 5 tickets in section 101-1 so i was happy with that and where we wanted. While it's not ideal for you guys to be sitting in the Parra section the most important thing is you're still gonna be there and even better you'll be the happiest supporters in your entire bay when the final siren sounds  ;-)
deliverywoman1
Weather Forecaster
Weather Forecaster

Ice wrote: Got 5 tickets in section 101-1 so i was happy with that and where we wanted. While it's not ideal for you guys to be sitting in the Parra section the most important thing is you're still gonna be there and even better you'll be the happiest supporters in your entire bay when the final siren sounds  ;-)
And just imagine the room you will have as is typical with the Sydney teams.... they will all start to leave at the 60 min mark if not earlier with the thrashing they will be getting..... Just like the Bronco's all departing well before the siren last week.... it's a disgrace..... I for one and I know 99% of Storm supporters would be by our teams side till well after the siren blows win OR lose.
Ice
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yep, can't say i've ever walked out before the final siren and i never would. Was bloody painful hanging around last year though with those Manly freaks giving it to us  ???
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Ice wrote: Yep, can't say i've ever walked out before the final siren and i never would. Was bloody painful hanging around last year though with those Manly freaks giving it to us  ???
I was sitting in a pro-Manly area and left as soon as the siren sounded. I couldn't handle it any longer.
2012 premiers. Legit.
KimmorleyKiller
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I walked after Menzies scored last year, I'm not going to lie. There's only so much punishment one man can take.
[quote="Buzz"]
I really have to say that the only way that Boofa played at that kick from Orford was if he cracked a fat.
[/quote]

[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c385/KimmorleyKiller/TheT
Dani_
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

We got 9 tickets all together in bay 146 thanks to the nice lady at ticketek that held the aisle seat next to our first 8 for a second transaction.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v299/DaniStorm/Dani07a.jpg[/img]