Storm v Broncos Prelim

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

Put it all in here folks!!!

GO STORM!!!!!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Tigger wrote: Put it all in here folks!!!

GO STORM!!!!!
Truth be told, I would rather have played St George next week .... but then again, the broncs have a pretty shitty record in Melbourne.

Sad for Wallace to get injured, but could be damn good for us.

I'm sure brisbane will want revenge for last year, not to mention our drumming over them a short while ago - a lot of fuel for the fire, but we are fitter, fresher and smarter.

Storm 38 Broncos 12

See you at the GF guys!!!!!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

About to watch the game, so can anyone fill me in how the Broncs went, injuries form, etc...simply can't wait till the telecast. :)

Yes I too would rather have played St. George but unfortunately we don't get a choice.

So bring on the Broncos!
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

CooperCronk wrote: About to watch the game, so can anyone fill me in how the Broncs went, injuries form, etc...simply can't wait till the telecast. :)

Yes I too would rather have played St. George but unfortunately we don't get a choice.

So bring on the Broncos!
Broncs were superb in defence - really coming out hard ... they were also devastating with quick inside passes left of the middle.

Main injury concern for them is Wallace - looks like is gone with ligament damage to his ankle suffered in the last 10
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So sad that I will not get a chance to use The Cure on the Dragons.
Or take my 1999 St George Dragon,(signed by Craig Smith) for an outing at Etihad  :'(

Still....................................

A another shot at the busted Broncos is TASTY  ;D
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

singlemalt wrote:
CooperCronk wrote: About to watch the game, so can anyone fill me in how the Broncs went, injuries form, etc...simply can't wait till the telecast. :)

So bring on the Broncos!
Broncs were superb in defence - really coming out hard ... they were also devastating with quick inside passes left of the middle.

Main injury concern for them is Wallace - looks like is gone with ligament damage to his ankle suffered in the last 10
Damn it ;D
Was hoping the Dragons would smash them up a bit more for us.

Ta for the reply anyway.
estormboy
Squall
Squall

So bring on the Broncos!
Broncos were vicious for about 20 mins, pummelled Puff the Choking Dragons no end, but then seemed to run out of puff themselves for the rest of the first half.  

Wallace is extremely doubtful - poor bloke!!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
estormboy
Squall
Squall

Does any body think Lockyer will have to answer for his attempt to kick the ball out of Brett Morris' hands for the Dragons first try or was there nothing in it?
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear them speak"  Anon
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Just watching KHunt playing with so much passion for his team...can't understand why he would want to play afl.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Hard to find insulting Bronco songs,so I'll have to settle for..................... One Trick Pony
Storm19
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Whats the deal with Melbourne playing Brisbane in a finals match.

2004 QF- Melb 31/Bris 14 (SS)
2005 QF- Melb 24/Bris 18 (SS)
2006 GF- Melb 8/Bris 15 (ANZ)
2007 QF- Melb 40/Bris 0 (OP)
2008 SF- Melb 16/Bris 14 (SS)
2009 PF- Melb ?/Bris ? (Etihad)

6 years in a row. We also played them in our first season but I won't mention the result.
Lima's Lunatics. Stuff Kaufusi, IT'S LIMA TIME.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

It's our karmic handicap - s'good looking set of results for a 6 year spread no  ;-) One dodgy blip at ANZ,(The day & location I lost respect for Broncos fans  :evil:)
changalanga
Squall
Squall

its great to see that the broncos put the dragons out ,they are soft anyway,at least we will get  to break all the broncos players and suppporters hearts 2 years in a row,i cant wait for next week.
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

estormboy wrote: Broncos were vicious for about 20 mins, pummelled Puff the Choking Dragons no end, but then seemed to run out of puff themselves for the rest of the first half.  
Gotta agree, the first 20 I was thinking that I wouldn't want to play the Broncos next week but putting the whole 80 minutes together they definitely look vulnerable. Not to forget the Dragons choked thus making the Broncos look better than they were.

Edit: And how cool that it'll be Melbourne vs Brisbane x 2! NYC & NRL.
Last edited by Surandy on Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Broncos praying for Wallace

By Wayne Heming AAP Sat, 19 Sep 2009 23:31:32

Brisbane captain Darren Lockyer is prepared to take over the role of halfback against Melbourne next week with regular No.7 Peter Wallace needing a miracle to play.

Wallace suffered a serious ankle injury in Brisbane's 24-10 NRL semi-final knockout win over St George Illawarra on Saturday night.

Centre Justin Hodges said the Broncos were all "praying" for Wallace after the 23-year-old was carried from the field five minutes from full time with ligament damage.

"The thought has crossed my mind," said Lockyer after Wallace was ferried to hospital in an ambulance.

"Maybe the way Melbourne play might dictate what we do but it is an option."

Lockyer said the players were singing the team song when Wallace was being treated before being taken to hospital for x-rays.

"It was a great win. The guys were pretty exhausted and we're all just hoping for Wal at the moment," he said.

Hodges said the way Brisbane were playing they could still win in Melbourne.

"Pete's a big part of this team, he's like Lockyer in many ways for us," Hodges said.

"Hopefully he's not too bad. It would take a big part out of our game.

"Ivan (Henjak) might put K (Karmichael Hunt) at halfback, I'm not sure.

"All the players are praying for Wal. We're one win away from a grand final and Melbourne are a great side down there."
Should be a savage game. It's going to be a VERY long week for both sets of fans,but for different reasons Image