CH9

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

So why cant CH9 now that they have the Digital Channel show it on there no reason why the could not do that .Ch10 show less suppoerted sports on there digital channel.
Bourbon Rat
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

8:30pm The Andromeda Strain  :-k

Embarrassing flash back there - Saw it at the drive - in  ;-)  \:D/
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake - WC Fields
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

BIG JIM wrote: So why cant CH9 now that they have the Digital Channel show it on there no reason why the could not do that .Ch10 show less suppoerted sports on there digital channel.
This was raised earlier in the year and I am pretty sure that the response from Stormwarning (I can't be stuffed looking for the original quote) was that under the rules governing digital broadcasts the digital channel cannot be used to televise sporting events that are on the anti-syphoning list unless it has been broadcast on their analogue channel first or at the same time. Or something along those lines.

If you look at the sports that One (Ch 10's digital channel) televises none of them are on the anti-syphoning list. Although I love that they actually use One to screen Formula One live so I can get to bed by midnight. ;D
mrpc
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

There's talk the anti siphoning list will be enhanced soon, which can only be a negative.  Apparently someone in the current government has it in for Foxtel.

However, on the plus side, they are looking to remove the restrictions on sport having to be on normal FTA before it goes onto a digital channel.  Not sure if that's immediate or after a certain percentage of households move onto using digital STBs.
Stormin North Queanbeyan!
Stormwarning[c]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

mrpc wrote: Apparently someone in the current government has it in for Foxtel.
With so many channels there aren't a lot of 'votes' from those watching 'a' channel on foxtel....FTA on the other hand have lots of votes especially the news and tabloid current affairs shows that can and effected peoples votes.

On the issue of showing it on HD, Surandy has already highlighted it, Unless it is shown on their analogue or main channel it can not be shown on their HD channel. Channel Ten can not show AFl on ONE HD, but they can on Ten, TEN HD and ONE as  long as it is at the same time.

The issue League has for broadcasts is the NRL not ensuring the agreement with SWINE states that they HAVE TO BROADCAST the games close to live across the country. Nine OWN the finals broadcast and unless we as supporters kick up a stink with the NRL (not nine) nothing is going to be done or achieved. Remember it is the current NRL administration that signed this agreement
[img]http://farm1.static.flickr.com/199/454935051_b6f97f0eb1.jpg[/img]

[b]Get out of the closet, you know deep down your a Storm supporter.[/b]

[b]You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life....[b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Bloody NEIN!!!

A guy I work with and his family were all set to go again to the prelim after having all gone to the semi against Manly. Thanks to Nein showing the game live against the gate they've all decided to stay home and watch it on TV.

I tried talking him out of it, reminding him of the great atmosphere at the game and even offering to get them all into the After Party, nothing, wouldn't budge. And he's got the next two days off work so I can't even keep the pressure on!

He's not the only casual supporter I know that would rather stay home and watch it live on tv than go into the city on grand final day.

lima lima lima duck you NEIN!!!
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Surandy wrote: Bloody NEIN!!!

A guy I work with and his family were all set to go again to the prelim after having all gone to the semi against Manly. Thanks to Nein showing the game live against the gate they've all decided to stay home and watch it on TV.

I tried talking him out of it, reminding him of the great atmosphere at the game and even offering to get them all into the After Party, nothing, wouldn't budge. And he's got the next two days off work so I can't even keep the pressure on!

He's not the only casual supporter I know that would rather stay home and watch it live on tv than go into the city on grand final day.

*LIMA LIMA LIMA DUCK!* you NEIN!!!
You guys amaze me. You complain all year about Channel 9 not putting the league on at a decent time to watch and when they finally come to the party and put it on live you complain more than ever.

Get over it!
Tigger
Site Slave
Site Slave

gts, I know you are only out to cause trouble but you really do seem to be a moron.

You do understand what 'live against the gate' means?  That means people who would normally come to watch our games live stay at home and we don't get the crowd figures, therefore enabling the idiots up north to babble on about how we don't get many bums on seats at games.

People do not complain about games in MELBOURNE being shown live - it's the games played INTERSTATE we complain about.

Now please get back in your box until your next moronic 'insight'.

That is all!!
When I want your opinion - I'll give it to you!
Hailstorm
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Tigger wrote: gts, I know you are only out to cause trouble but you really do seem to be a moron.

You do understand what 'live against the gate' means?  That means people who would normally come to watch our games live stay at home and we don't get the crowd figures, therefore enabling the idiots up north to babble on about how we don't get many bums on seats at games.

People do not complain about games in MELBOURNE being shown live - it's the games played INTERSTATE we complain about.

That is all!!
=D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>
Blitzkrieg
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

They briefly touched on the crowd number issue on One's Thursday Night Live tonight - unsurprisingly, not in a positive way I might add. :roll:

It's so frustrating, isn't it? We, the Storm fans are trying to do our bit to promote the game in Victoria, especially with such an important match looming, and the NRL & Nein are hell-bent on undermining us, judging by this latest fiasco  :banghead:

FFS NEIN, WHY DID YOU THINK LIVE AGAINST THE GATE FOR THIS MATCH WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA, YOU BIG, DAFT lima lima lima duck?    :knob: :tool: :error:

TBH, given that pathetic FTA agreement they have in place, I really don't believe the NRL powers-that-be (being the luddite jellyfish they are) give a rat's culo about attracting other codes' supporters to the game outside NSW & Qld (although Mr. Gallop would no doubt argue por el contrario). :roll:

IMO the NRL admin not having the columna to stand up to channel Wank is absolutely farcical. lima lima lima duck useless, feeble-minded arse-clowns, the lot of them!!! :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Tigger wrote: gts, I know you are only out to cause trouble but you really do seem to be a moron.

That is all!!
Very, very well put, Tigger!  =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
WAR IS PEACE
FREEDOM IS SLAVERY
IGNORANCE IS STRENGTH
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Supposedly this is 9's schedule for this Sunday.

http://channelnine.ninemsn.com.au/9tvguide.aspx

Jump to:Monday|Tuesday|Wednesday|Thursday|Friday|Saturday|Sunday
4 October 2009
12:00 AMNight Shift
3:00 AMThe Avengers
4:00 AMDanoz
4:30 AMJesse Duplantis Ministries
5:00 AMLife Today with James Robison
5:30 AMRise & Shine
6:00 AMArrive Alive Cup
7:00 AMWeekend Today
10:00 AMWide World of Sports
11:00 AMThe Sunday Footy Show
12:00 PMNRL Grand Final Day
2:00 PMNRL Grand Final Day
4:00 PMNine News Sunday
4:30 PMNRL Grand Final Day
5:00 PMNRL Grand Final Day
7:00 PMNRL Grand Final Day

7:30 PM60 Minutes
8:30 PMRescue Special Ops
9:30 PMCSI: Miami
10:30 PMCSI: Miami
11:30 PMBizarre E.R.
bruce
Squall
Squall

Im guessing thats in sydney/brisbane?

I think they said on saturday the broadcast would begin from 4.30pm in melbourne
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Edited as its a site error I think
Last edited by noa nandruku on Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

28-12
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

massive plugs in Hey Hey!.

no ads but molly gave it a plug and so did marty fields, good to see
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]