I couldn't take another Grand Final Loss!

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

The thing that worries me is that we make another Grand Final and then lose again.

I couldn't take 3 Grand Final losses in 4 years. I don't even know if I will make the trip to Sydney for the 4th year in a row just in case.

What do you guys think?
STORM 2007
Squall
Squall

Imagine how you'd feel though mate if we won the GF and you had the chance to be there but you chose not to. Unfortunately i'am in England so i can't make it but you should go for it, that's what i say.
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

STORM 2007 wrote: Imagine how you'd feel though mate if we won the GF and you had the chance to be there but you chose not to. Unfortunately i'am in England so i can't make it but you should go for it, that's what i say.
True and if we do make the final our record will be 5 Final appearances in 11 years including 2 Premierships and 3 Minor Premierships- that an awesone record!!!!!!!!
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I was there at the 2007 GF - had an absolute ball and even managed to con my way into the changerooms after the game - one of the best times of my life.

The chance to do so again is something I couldn't pass up
singlemalt
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

gothestorm wrote: The thing that worries me is that we make another Grand Final and then lose again.

I couldn't take 3 Grand Final losses in 4 years. I don't even know if I will make the trip to Sydney for the 4th year in a row just in case.

What do you guys think?

Why don't you support the bunnies .... you'll never have to get through such a dilemma again  :P
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

singlemalt wrote:
gothestorm wrote: The thing that worries me is that we make another Grand Final and then lose again.

What do you guys think?

Why don't you support the bunnies .... you'll never have to get through such a dilemma again  :P
Nah, the Sharks would be the better choice.  :lol:
cougar
Squall
Squall

http://www.nrl.com/newsviews/latestnews ... fault.aspx

According to this we'll be playing @ Etihad on the Saturday night - after some other minor football code's grand final  ;D
mahoobla
Squall
Squall

It hurts to say this but I agree. I have travelled to Sydney for the last three Grand Finals and last year was horrific - where I was sitting, my family and I had drinks thrown at us, constant verbal abuse and threats and we were spat at - all this from fans of a team that were thrashing us, I hate to think how they would have behaved if they had been losing. As we were walking from the stadium to the train station we copped more abuse. Hence my fierce dislike for Manly was born.

The whole experience really hurt me and I am almost certain that I will NOT be taking the trip this year if we make it to the Grand Final. My husband and my parents will go without me!

I guess I have to make the decision after our game in two weeks time.
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I've been to the last 3.  The absolute joy of 07 means I don't think I could run the risk of not being there.  But, we'll cross that bridge after the game in a couple of weeks if we get the result we're after
Storming our way to glory!

[img]http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a173/hocko123/makybebanner.jpg[/img]
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Im in a dilema.

I have guarenteed freebies if we make it but last year scarred me. But then again if its a Eels-Storm final and Hayne v Inglis that may be to tasty to miss.

BUT FIRST WE HAVE TO MAKE THE lima lima lima duck SO THATS ALL THE LOOKING PAST NEXT GAME I WILL DO.
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

I had no problems with last year. The Broncos of 2006 were way worst.

I didn't expect to win last year so maybe that tempered it all a bit.

Doubt I'll go this year. (Althought thats what I said last year.)
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

I agree with Noa - lets wait until after the Prelim first!

CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Thats what the players should do.

But if you wanna go to Sydney for the GF then you'd think you'd have ta make some plans.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?
steaming stormer
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

can't get tickets until the Monday of GF week anyway if you don't have them already though... but yeah, some planning I guess  8)

Insomniac
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Yeah '06 definitely scarred me, and riding back to Penrith on the last train by myself was terrible.  At least half of the Broncos supporters and general public sympathised or admitted that we were robbed, but the other half were brutal.

But that would've been nothing compared to what the Manly fans would've dished up last year... :shock2: