second week chance? **spoilers**

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I can't believe that after we trash Manly by 40 to 12 Manly get to play the Gold Coast next week and we get stuck with the inform team Brisbane.

Our game is so much tougher. Where is the justice in that??!!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

gothestorm wrote: I can't believe that after we trash Manly by 40 to 12 Manly get to play the Gold Coast next week and we get stuck with the inform team Brisbane.

Our game is so much tougher. Where is the justice in that??!!
No justice in the nrl, we just have to keep winning
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

No it would appear that 3rd highest ranked winner gets 1st highest ranked runner up.

If SI beat Eels it will means Storm v Tits on Satdy night
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

I thought that if Dragons win tomorrow, we play the loser of Titans vs Broncs??????????????????????
2012 premiers. Legit.
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

Sorry, Storm Spirit beat me to it.
We either hots the Titans next week or we get a week off.
Go the Eels!
2012 premiers. Legit.
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Storm Spirit wrote: No it would appear that 3rd highest ranked winner gets 1st highest ranked runner up.

That's disgraceful - so we have to play the 3rd ranked team and the team we thrased 40 to 12 has to play the 6th ranked team.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

that's right tugga....mcintyre systems confirms it.

if we do have to play the Tits, the only thing that might change is the night. Same night as pies v geelong prelim in Melby.

Would not be good to go head to head with a 90k + crowd at the MCG but the extra day rest would be good for Storm
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

gothestorm wrote:
Storm Spirit wrote: No it would appear that 3rd highest ranked winner gets 1st highest ranked runner up.

That's disgraceful - so we have to play the 3rd ranked team and the team we thrased 40 to 12 has to play the 6th ranked team.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
We play a loser and avoid a last-start winner.
Titans is fine by me if the Dragons win.
They have very little finals experience and we can workthem over. Broncos have heaps of finals experience and beating them would be tough.
Very happy playing the Titans nedxt week if that's what we have to do.
GO STORM!!!!!!!!!
2012 premiers. Legit.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Hope we don't clash with the pies/cats game, as a lot of their supporters also follow the Storm.

Go the Eels.
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

good points tugga.....Storm have just gotta keep winning. You gotta beat someone to make a GF and then beat someone else to win it.

the day Storm start worrying about who they play is the day they should just pack up their kit and start preseason training for 2010.

They won't think about it IMHO ;D
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

CooperCronk wrote: Hope we don't clash with the pies/cats game, as a lot of their supporters also follow the Storm.

Go the Eels.
Coops, we are going to clash with an AFL game regardless. Dogs vs Saints will still attract a huge amount of interest from AFL fans.
We just have to worry about ourselves. If we get 25k to next week's game then so be it.
2012 premiers. Legit.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

tugga wrote:
CooperCronk wrote: Hope we don't clash with the pies/cats game, as a lot of their supporters also follow the Storm.

Go the Eels.
Coops, we are going to clash with an AFL game regardless. Dogs vs Saints will still attract a huge amount of interest from AFL fans.
We just have to worry about ourselves. If we get 25k to next week's game then so be it.
Fair enough...don't really follow the afl.
Hopefully we can get 25,000 to our next game. :D
tugga
Monsoon
Monsoon

CooperCronk wrote:
tugga wrote:

Go the Eels.
I think 25k is very realistic. Only 4 teams left in AFL, A league seems to be stalling.
2012 premiers. Legit.
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

tugga wrote:
CooperCronk wrote:
tugga wrote: Coops, we are going to clash with an AFL game regardless. Dogs vs Saints will still attract a huge amount of interest from AFL fans.
I think 25k is very realistic. Only 4 teams left in AFL, A league seems to be stalling.
Unfortunately for us , they are all victorian teams and quite a few follow the Storm as well.

I also forgot about the A League.  I know that Victory are playing at Etihad on Sunday
Be interesting to see their crowd nos for that game.
I love Cooper
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Fizer wrote: Because Manly lost in the u20s tonight, our boys have next week off.
Wahhoo!! Except I want to see them play, hehe! So it's either a week off or the Titans at Etihad??? Can't wait!!!!