Serious question about News Ltd

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

People with greater minds than mine....might be able to advise what will REALISTICALLY happen to Melbourne Storm if New Ltd pull out of the NRL as currently being discussed re: the rebranding of the comp.

Serious answers will be greatfully accepted. :o
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I think we might be in some trouble for the short term...but I think the storm have built a good brand and we should be able to keep sponsorship up and keep the crowds coming to the games then we should be ok in the long term...the one this that has dissapointed me is our lack of exposure even in VIC...the only reason we are in the news is becasue we have been the form team of the comp over the last 3 years, so we need to tie up some good pr and hopefully get in the news and be more front of mind. I think we have a good structure in terms of the poeple working for the club so that is a positive
Storm Spirit
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Without private ownership being in place...where will the funds come from if News Ltd stop being the Storm cash  cow? ??? ???

Will the Storm ned to find a benevolent millionaire who develops a sudden interest in League ?
Remember this day, men, for it will be yours for all time
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

The original '5 year plan' betwixt Reebs & News Ltd came unstuck due to early onfield success & under exposure.A new plan began when Waldron took over & the focus has been on making a stand alone brand.Sponsorship money - A new stadium & a rejigging of 'the board' are all aimed at weaning Storm,(as an organisation) off News Ltd's money.

News Ltd has wanted out of it's NRL commitment for some time now,but people with agendas love to do the "Storm won't survive" chicken little thing  ???

As stated by 'scriptx' short term pain is inevitable -There is also the problem of an EXTREMLEY hostile media,(threatened by loss of AFL money) to be overcome.
sallymay
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

we would be F***ed they put in 4 million or so $ a year and we are still in debt each year
SOMEONE'S GOTTA MAKE THE HISTORY BOOKS IT MIGHT AS WELL BE US

2014 BAI STAND TIPPING CHAMP
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Apperently there is a group of business who want to buy us but they wont do so uinder the current ARL-NRL "partnership".
CaptainKlutz
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Noa Nandruku wrote: Apperently there is a group of business who want to buy us but they wont do so uinder the current ARL-NRL "partnership".
And who could blame them.
[b]Making movies, signing songs and fight'n round the world.[/b]

Dose chess dip Err?