anderson injured

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Melbourne may be forced to blood a new forward for their NRL finals campaign after yet another serious injury in their engine room.

The Storm crushed the Sydney Roosters 38-4 in their Olympic Park farewell, with superstar centre Greg Inglis scoring two tries in his return to football after he was stood down following his charge for assault.

But the win came at a price, with starting prop Scott Anderson the latest casualty.

The former Gold Coast junior suffered a hamstring tear to sit on the sidelines alongside New Zealand Test props Jeff Lima (broken thumb) and Sika Manu (broken leg), as well Matt Cross (broken leg) and backrower Kevin Proctor (broken ankle).

Lima, Proctor and Anderson could return this year depending on how the Storm's finals campaign progresses, but the rest are season-ending injuries.

Coach Craig Bellamy has already promoted journeyman Ryan Tandy from their Central Coast feeder club for the past two games, but Anderson's absence could have him searching further afield.

"We're running short of troops in the forwards with Ando doing his hamstring, I'm not sure where that leaves us number-wise, we're getting very skinny," Bellamy said.

"We'll have to find another front-rower from somewhere but I think they've just about run out.

"There's only so many guys you can have in the squad and we seem to be getting injuries in or around the same position.

"I thought the blokes who came in, Wairangi Koopu and Ryan Tandy, did a good job so we'll find someone else to come into the team and I'm sure they'll be keen and the guys will embrace him and make sure he fits in with what we're doing."

Anderson will undergo scans on his hamstring tear on Monday but is expected to miss at least a fortnight, while Lima and Anderson will have a review with their surgeons this week.

"Hand fractures heal really quickly so we'll wait and see what the surgeon says," Storm physio Mary Toomey said of Lima.

"He could be back playing a week or so after that."

Toomey said Proctor's return from his broken ankle had been delayed after he suffered a back injury while completing alternate training.
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

nacho wrote:

Toomey said Proctor's return from his broken ankle had been delayed after he suffered a back injury while completing alternate training.
Oh for F##ks sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Taliesin
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Oh for F##ks sake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Crawl back under the rock son - Your bolt is shot & it was well wide of the mark.
BIG JIM
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Now is the time to give Jesse Bromich a run he deserves it
Michael :P
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

That sucks  :D.
MENACING*STORM
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

**paging Mr. Robbie Kearns, paging Mr. Robbie Kearns, you are required in the No.8 jersey**
Do we still have Clifford Manua on our books?  Most likely have to get either Hep Cahill or Jesse Bromwich into the team.  Yet to see JB run around.
[align=center][img]http://img695.imageshack.us/img695/8558/61813452.jpg[/img][/align]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

If Proc was ready you could easily slide Blair back to the front-row (not that I want to though). Cant replace a prop with Cahill, so Jess is the only 1st grade ready prop we have left.
Temi
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I still don't understand what is wrong with Koopu - and why he has fallen out of favour so much.

If injuries like this keep happening, our depth will well and truly be tested.
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

Temi wrote: I still don't understand what is wrong with Koopu - and why he has fallen out of favour so much.

If injuries like this keep happening, our depth will well and truly be tested.
Umm lets see.

Big chance for Koopu to grab that bench spot for the finals and what does he do.

3 runs, 16mtrs, 7 tackles.

:puke:
Bullets
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Koopu will be up for it against the Warriors who let him go after last season.

I'd start him let him go out there fired up and smash his old teammates.
[img]http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e219/Yeungy01/Stormcopy.jpg[/img]
http://s13.zetaboards.com/The_Colosseum/index/ - The Colosseum - Arena of Entertainment
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

4 and a half minutes of jesse bromwhich highlights, just for those of u who havent seen much of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CUP5PMWLF8

thats the first ive seen of him and he looks great! he can break the line, set up a player and score easily, if we dont use him while we can then someone needs to get their head read
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

nacho wrote: 4 and a half minutes of jesse bromwhich highlights, just for those of u who havent seen much of him

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CUP5PMWLF8

thats the first ive seen of him and he looks great! he can break the line, set up a player and score easily, if we dont use him while we can then someone needs to get their head read
Lol, nacho calling out the coach.

Serious;y though if Craig had of taken a chance to blood Jesse a few weeks ago, this wouldnt be an issue.
Scooter
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

MENACING*STORM wrote: **paging Mr. Robbie Kearns, paging Mr. Robbie Kearns, you are required in the No.8 jersey**
Do we still have Clifford Manua on our books?  Most likely have to get either Hep Cahill or Jesse Bromwich into the team.  Yet to see JB run around.
No, we don't have Clifford Manua on our books. We released him in April/May so we could sign Ryan Tandy, who I thought had an awesome game on Saturday night. Might be a bit small v Warriors with Koopu replacing Lima last week and Cahill replacing Anderson this week.
scriptyx
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

Bullets whats your obession with koopu? he plays shit every time he play for us...I hope he goes out there and smashes his old team mates but we if are relying on him then won't win!! he is awful. Please for the love of god give Bromwich a run...nothing againt you bullets but I think you are seeing Koopu through groggy googles.
riders of the storm
Thunderstorm
Thunderstorm

Bromwich is 18th man for this weekend.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/2995/mattgeyer0xw.jpg[/img][/url]