Hadny Tandy is upto speed

Discussion on anything to do with Melbourne Storm - games, players, rumours - anything!
Super Cronk
Site Manager
Site Manager

RYAN Tandy is a rising 28-year-old who has played only eight NRL games at three clubs, but he could be the left-field inclusion that Melbourne Storm needs.

The front-rower has been named to make his debut against Manly tomorrow after injuries to Matt Cross and Sika Manu.

But it's not his bulk and power that could benefit Storm most.

Tandy has scored 14 tries for Melbourne's feeder team, Central Coast Storm, this season. That's more than Billy Slater and Greg Inglis have managed.

And it's that scoring potential that could make his inclusion an important one.

"He's an attacking option. He is a front rower, but he supports the ball players as well," Central Coast coach Jamie Feeney said.

"The speed is there to push through holes on an edge and he has a passing game, too, and can put the ball on the chests of other players.

"He's very good quality."

In one powerhouse performance for Central Coast, Tandy carried the ball more than 300m and chipped in with three tries.

But that wasn't enough for Tandy to break in to the first grade team. He said consistency and hard work, not one brilliant performance, has earned him a call-up.

"It's a very established team here," Tandy said.

"You can't just expect to have one good game and be pushed up. You have to put four, five or six together and then hope something falls your way.

"Any time is a good time to be coming in to first grade. I am experienced enough to come in and get the job done.

"I have been pretty fortunate (Storm coach Craig Bellamy) has shown a bit of faith in me and I am going to try and repay him with some good footy."

The late call-up is due in part to a knee injury that limited Tandy's pre-season.

Then a dislocated shoulder and strained bicep a month ago sidelined him for another week.

Tandy said he felt more than ready for the rigours of an NRL crunch match.

"I'm just getting towards my peak, not so much my fitness - just getting my game to where it needs to be," he said.

"It took me a long time to find my feet and the high demands they have at the Storm.

"I have been around and played a lot of football at a lot of different levels, but I am confident I can come in and get the job done."

Melbourne must be confident Tandy can get the job done too because he was re-signed for next season about a month ago, before he had played a first-grade game.

"I'm ecstatic with signing. It obviously means I am in the club's and (Bellamy's) plans," he said.

"Even though I am 27 and getting on a bit I still have a bit to learn about the game and this is the club to do it.

"I want to take my game to the next level. I still feel like I have a lot of years left in me."

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/sport/ ... 23,00.html
[img]http://img184.imageshack.us/img184/7238/stormef5.gif[/img]

[b]PROUD MELBOURNE STORM SUPPORTER[/b]
Surandy
Site Manager
Site Manager

Go the mo!!!

Hope he gets his run tomorrow!
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

Surandy wrote: Go the mo!!!

Hope he gets his run tomorrow!
And gets and hatrtrick of tries.
changalanga
Squall
Squall

well maybe if they gave him enough game time tonight we might of been able to see what he was made of
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

changalanga wrote: well maybe if they gave him enough game time tonight we might of been able to see what he was made of
What did you expect, Bellyamy is our coach and he loves to make changes to the team ;D
Granted this time though it was a very close game in the 2nd half and he probably didn't want to throw him to the wovles.
changalanga
Squall
Squall

bullshit,at least we would of seen what hes made of ,throw them all to the wolves and see who comes out alive i say.
mystormboys
Player Sponsor
Player Sponsor

Heard that he had a suspected broken hand
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

i thought tandy did really well in his first hit out for us.

from a distance, he looks abit like danny williams. (must be an irish thing :lol:)

i did notice near the end of the game he was starting to tier and missed 2 tackles in a row and got pinned for holding down the man too long.

but overall, good debut and im glad hes getting a shot
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
CooperCronk
Monsoon
Monsoon

mystormboys wrote: Heard that he had a suspected broken hand
Would be typical of our season if this is true.  Hope he recovers quickly.
nacho
Tropical Cyclone
Tropical Cyclone

CooperCronk wrote:
mystormboys wrote: Heard that he had a suspected broken hand
Would be typical of our season if this is true.  Hope he recovers quickly.
tis the luck of the irish
[align=center][b]DAILY TELEGRAPH FANTASY COMPETITION:
THE BAI STAND[/b] (LEAGUE CODE: 867370)[/align]
gothestorm
Hail Storm
Hail Storm

I thought Tandy was quite good last night and considering our injuries to Front Rowers could be a nice fit